An Understated Dominance Chapter 967 to 1370 - Translated by Jungal2000

Welcome to our community

Looks like you don't have an account yet? Be apart of something great, join today! Create account to get more access like posting, reacting to others helpful post and your own private message Register Or Login

Translated by Jungal2000
“An Understated Dominance” follows the intertwined lives of Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys as they navigate the complex interplay of power, relationships, and personal growth. Set against the backdrop of a vibrant city, the novel explores how these two individuals assert their influence in subtle yet impactful ways, ultimately redefining their understanding of dominance and its consequences.

Last edited:

LoganRhys896

New Villager
Sep 20, 2023
I started to read this novel from facebook thinking it as a love story drama type novel.. Cause I love those genre. But now I am here... It's a very long journey.. More to come.. And it is the most beautiful story I have ever read. Sometimes annoying though it is the best I have ever read.

Sep 4, 2023
I started to read this novel from facebook thinking it as a love story dara type novel.. Cause I love those genre. But now I am here... It's a very long journey.. More to come.. And it is the most beautiful story I have ever read. Sometimes annoying though it is the best I have ever read.
Haha, I can totally relate! It started out like a love story. I mean, who would've thought I'd get so hooked on a martial arts tale? It got a bit awkward when my wifey finally asked about my newfound addiction. We both had a good laugh when I confessed to being addicted to a martial arts story. 🤣

Base

New Villager
Sep 19, 2023
I can't help but wonder why Scarlet didn't jump into action during that restaurant brawl. From what she was characterised, she's got a short temper, fierce and merciless, especially when someone's trying to mess with Logan. It's almost like Natasha's taken the title of the Goddess of warr now. Scarlet has been dethroned.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 The author might have forgot scarlet was there and she won't be able to tolerate this Evan and Erik.
It's not like the author forgot about scarlet, whenever she's around Logan she does not act recklessly unless given permission too. E.g like when she took permission from Logan whether or not to kill the assistant manager Mia.

Sep 4, 2023
It's not like the author forgot about scarlet, whenever she's around Logan she does not act recklessly unless given permission too. E.g like when she took permission from Logan whether or not to kill the assistant manager Mia.
We'll see in the next few chapters if that's really the case.

Neeville

New Villager
Sep 20, 2023
Take it Easy!!!! It's not a machine that sends the chapters. It's not a Heavenly grand master, it's actually a human being with blood in him , without the Sky sword or orbit pearl.
Relax! Relax!! Relax!!!😊
Dont know what you are talking about Jungal2000 is already a grand master infinit level. The top 5 grandmasters answer to him. He just needs to cultivate a litlle bit more internal energy and we are good to go

lawline

Martial Arts Master
Sep 19, 2023
1231 Pang of Sadness

"Splut!"

The sharp dagger stabbed into Hector's back and emerged from his chest. A single drop of blood adorned the gleaming blade.

"Ugh..."

Hector's body trembled, his expression frozen. He instinctively lowered his head to see the dagger tip protruding from his heart, slowly dripping with blood.

"Ah?"

This sudden turn of events left everyone in shock. No one had expected Brayden to make such a sudden and deadly attack.

Wasn't it supposed to be one life for one life?

This guy had taken it to an extreme level.

"Hector?" Dustin was also taken aback. His attention had been focused on Tyler and Kate, and he hadn't anticipated that Brayden, as a hostage, would launch such an attack.

"Du...Dustin... Take care of my daughter... from now on..." Hector uttered his final words with great difficulty before his head slumped down, lifeless.

"Even in death, he finds relief."

Seeing this, Kate remained cold and unmoved. She wasn't affected at all.

"Uncle..."

Among the crowd, Trent's face showed signs of pain. Regardless of the circumstances, the two were brothers who had grown up together and carried the weight of their family on their shoulders.

Now that Hector had been killed, Trent couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness.

However, he didn't dare to voice his anger because he couldn't afford to offend the murderer.

"You old bastard! Go to hell!"

Brayden laughed sinisterly, withdrew the bloody dagger, and then kicked Hector's body forcefully in the back.

"Thud!"

Hector's lifeless body flew several meters and landed right at Dustin's feet.

"Uncle?"

Dustin crouched down, his hand trembling as he checked Hector's pulse, but his fingertips only detected lifelessness.

"He's beyond saving."

Hector had already been critically injured, and his life force was on the verge of extinguishing. Now, he had suffered a fatal blow, and even immortals wouldn't be able to save him.

"Little scoundrel! Didn't expect this, did you? Daring to defy me, this is your fate!" Brayden gloated. "Furthermore, let me tell you a cruel fact: not only will I kill your family and friends, but I will also humiliate your woman! I will torment her in front of you, make her wish for death! How does it feel? Are you angry? Do you want to kill me? Unfortunately, you won't have the chance. From the moment you released me, you were destined to die without a burial ground! Hahaha..."

As he spoke, Brayden burst into maniacal laughter.

A small-time martial artist dared to challenge him. It was like an ant challenging a giant tree.

"Brayden!"

Dustin slowly stood up, enunciating each word, his eyes filled with boundless killing intent and ferocity.

His hair stood on end, and his clothes billowed even without a breeze. An overwhelming aura surged out from his body, shooting straight into the sky.

Everyone felt a heavy weight pressing down on their bodies, making it difficult to breathe. An indescribable sense of unease suddenly welled up within them.

It was as if a colossal crisis was rapidly brewing.

"Brayden! I will tear you apart into a thousand pieces!" Dustin couldn't contain his anger any longer. His entire being shot forward like a fierce beast.

"Open fire! Fire quickly!"

Chapter 1232 Watermelon Explotion

Brayden was taken aback, quickly stepping back.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

Gunshots rang out, but they all hit the afterimages of Dustin, not causing any harm.

"Quick! Stop him!"

Brayden's face turned pale, and he turned to run.

Darn it, this guy is insane; he's not even afraid of bullets!

"What are you all waiting for? Go help!"

Kate reacted quickly, commanding a group of guards to move forward.

"Let me go!"

Dustin dashed forward, grabbing Brayden's head and yanking him to the ground.

It was like holding a lifeless fish.

The next moment, the gunfire stopped abruptly, fearing they might hit the wrong target.

The powerful guards also stopped in their tracks, not daring to make any rash moves.

"Dustin! I warn you, don't do anything reckless. If you harm Brayden, you'll face a great disaster!" Kate shouted sternly.

"Young man! Stop this instant!" yelled the relatives of the Grant family.

At this moment, everyone could feel the terrifying intent to kill emanating from Dustin.

But because of the delicate situation, no one dared to act recklessly.

"Little punk! You'd better be careful. If you harm me, your whole family will suffer!" Brayden threatened loudly.

Even though he was captured, he was surrounded by the Grant family's people, feeling safe.

He didn't believe that Dustin would risk wiping out his entire family.

"You—deserve to die!"

Dustin's eyes practically spewed flames as he slowly tightened his grip on Brayden's head.

The terrifying power at his fingertips pierced through Brayden's flesh and gradually reached his skull.

Blood quickly covered his face.

"Ah~!"

Brayden couldn't help but scream in terror as the fear of death surged within him.

"Wait! Please stop!"

At this moment, Brayden finally panicked and began to plead, "Dustin, please calm down! If you kill me, countless people will die with me! Think about your woman, think about your family. They will all be buried with you!"

"You're wrong; it's your Grant family that will be buried!"

Dustin continued to exert pressure with his fingers, his face fierce.

"Crack, crack, crack..."

Cracks began to appear in Brayden's skull.

Blood flowed from his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.

Intense pain and the fear of death made Brayden cry and beg for mercy, "Please... don't kill me. I know I was wrong. I beg you, spare my life. As long as you let me go, I promise not to hold you responsible. I can swear!"

He knew that if he didn't surrender now, he might truly lose his life.

"Dustin! Stop immediately! If you kill Brayden, the entire Natasha’s immediate family will die!" Kate threatened.

But before she could finish her sentence, there was a deafening explosion.

Brayden's head exploded like a watermelon hit by a cannonball!

Blood and brain matter splattered everywhere.

"What?!"

Witnessing Brayden's head being blown apart, everyone was shocked.

They couldn't believe that, under such tight security, Dustin actually dared to kill.

He didn't care about his own life or the lives of his family.

"Damn! Is this guy suicidal? He actually killed the Grant family's young master?!"

"He's insane! Absolutely insane!"

"This kid made a grave mistake. He shouldn't have offended the Grant family. He might face the extermination of his entire clan now!"

The guests whispered among themselves, and the entire Grant family was sure to be furious.

The consequences were something no one could bear!

Chapter 1233 The Rebellion

"Dead... he's dead?"

Kate was stunned, her beautiful eyes wide open, wearing an expression of disbelief.

She couldn't have predicted that Dustin would actually dare to kill someone in public, especially Tyler's own younger brother.

This guy's actions were simply heinous!

"This is bad! Now even Natasha and the others will suffer!"

Trent muttered curses under his breath, sighing heavily.

The death of his third brother had already dealt him a significant blow. Now, if his two nieces couldn't be spared either, it would be adding insult to injury.

Although he desired power, he never wanted to jeopardize his family's lives.

For a moment, he couldn't help but doubt his past decisions.

Had he made the right choice by aligning with the Grant family?

"Outrageous!"

"Daring!"

"Young man, you've gone too far!"

After a brief moment of shock, the Grant family's relatives were instantly furious, loudly berating Dustin.

Having established themselves in Millsburg for many years, no one had ever dared to challenge the authority of the Grant family, let alone brutally kill a direct member of the family right in front of them.

Such behavior was audacious beyond belief!

"Dustin, you've defied divine authority. Today, no one can save you," Tyler spoke coldly.

The death of his younger brother hadn't caused much turbulence in his emotions. But Dustin, as the murderer, had openly provoked the Grant family's authority, and he would have to pay with his life.

"Release Natasha, or else you'll all die!"

As Dustin spoke, he kicked Brayden's lifeless body.

"Thud!"

Brayden flew like a soccer ball, hurtling toward Tyler at breakneck speed, like a human projectile.

"Hmph!"

Tyler coldly snorted and directly slapped Brayden's chest.

"Bang!"

There was a loud explosion, and Brayden's body instantly burst apart, turning into a spray of blood and flesh that scattered everywhere.

The surrounding Grant family relatives were covered in the mist of blood, their faces turning pale.

Dustin had already shown extreme cruelty, but they hadn't expected Tyler to be even more ruthless, not even sparing his own younger brother's corpse.

A single palm strike had left nothing intact.

"Get him!"

Tyler ordered coldly, then took out a white handkerchief and carefully wiped the blood off his hands.

"Attack!"

Following his command, a group of elite guards immediately drew their weapons and advanced toward Dustin.

"I dare any of you to make a move!"

At this moment, a furious shout echoed.

Cornelius led a group of Kirin Gang, charging into the scene.

A sea of people, with imposing momentum and vigor.

"How dare you!"

"Who are you people? How dare you trespass into the Grant family? You've got some nerve!"

"A bunch of ignorant fools! Is this a place you can just barge into? Get out now!"

"Send the order! Mobilize the army immediately to suppress this rebellion!"

The appearance of the Kirin Gang infuriated the Grant family's relatives even more.

Chapter 1234 Stoneray Order

What was happening today?

Dustin, this young man, openly challenging the authority of the Grant family was one thing, but now a group of ruffians had also emerged, swaggering around and causing chaos. It was simply outrageous!

"People of the Grant family, listen up! Release Natasha immediately, or we'll fight to the death today!"

Cornelius led a multitude of Kirin Gang, striding forward with a threatening demeanor, facing off against the Grant family's forces.

"Fight to the death? You think you're capable of that?"

Tyler's expression was full of disdain.

In his eyes, the Kirin Gang, no matter how powerful they seemed, were nothing more than a ragtag bunch.

Once the army arrived, they could easily be slaughtered.

"Dustin! You're too naive. Do you think you can challenge the Grant family's might with these small fry? You're living in a dream!" Kate sneered.

Although the Kirin Gang had some influence, in the face of the Grant family, they were nothing more than insignificant ants.

"If the Kirin Gang can't handle it, what if we add our Stoneray Order to the mix?"

At this moment, a loud voice suddenly sounded at the entrance.

Following that, an ethereal old man and a group of dignified individuals walked in, moving leisurely.

These people were all in their fifties, dressed in long robes. They might not exude overwhelming pressure, but their presence was as solid as a mountain, deep and impenetrable.

It made people dare not underestimate them.

The newcomers were none other than Stoneray Order's master, Dr. Watkins, and a group of elders and disciples.

"What's going on? Why has Stoneray Order come as well?"

"Stoneray Order usually doesn't involve itself in worldly affairs or disputes. What's happening today? Even the reclusive Medicine King has appeared."

"I have a bad feeling about this. Something big might happen today!"

Because of the appearance of Stoneray Order's people, there was a commotion in the entire hall.

Stoneray Order was an extraordinary presence throughout the Balermo Region.

While they might appear powerless, they had an extensive network of connections with major forces.

Everyone fell ill from time to time, and when seriously ill, they had no choice but to seek help from Stoneray Order.

Over the years, Stoneray Order's influence had grown to be almost on par with the Three Supreme Factions.

However, Stoneray Order had always maintained a neutral stance, so their sudden appearance naturally led to speculation.

"Elder Dustin, today, I led a group to Zypher Lodge to celebrate your birthday, but it seems you've come here instead. I hope I haven't missed anything important," Dr. Watkins smiled as he approached.

"You've arrived just in time," Dustin nodded slightly.

"Medicine King, what do you mean by this? Are you going to help Dustin and oppose our Grant family?" Kate questioned coldly.

If it was only the Kirin Gang, the Grant family could easily crush them, but if Stoneray Order joined in, it would be troublesome.

After all, Stoneray Order's influence was immense, and once they took sides, they could sway public opinion against the Grant family.

"Dustin is an elder of our Stoneray Order. If he's in danger, Stoneray Order cannot stand by and do nothing," Dr. Watkins calmly stated.

"Stoneray Order elder?" Kate frowned slightly.

She hadn't expected Dustin to have such an identity. No wonder he dared to be so arrogant.

"General Tyler, today is supposed to be a day of celebration, so we shouldn't let things escalate too far. Release Natasha, and we can all live in peace. Wouldn't that be nice?" Dr. Watkins spoke again with a profound meaning.

"General Tyler, we shouldn't go to extremes in everything, or we might end up causing more trouble for ourselves," Dr. Watkins warned with deep significance.

"General Tyler, don't be too arrogant. This inspector wants to see how you can be ruthless in front of me!" Suddenly, a stern voice rang out at the entrance.

Following that, a middle-aged man with a commanding presence and a group of guards marched in.

This man was none other than the Provincial Governor, Lord Xenos!

Chapter 1235 Lord Xenos

"Oh my god! It's actually Lord Xenos? Why is he here?"

"Look at the way Lord Xenos has brought so many guards. It doesn't seem like he's here for the engagement banquet."

"Of course not! Who brings so many guards to a wedding? It's obvious he's here to cause trouble!"

Lord Xenos's appearance caused an instant commotion in the hall.

Even the Grant family's relatives present showed a serious expression.

It should be noted that the person who had just arrived was the Provincial Governor, the one who held full military and political authority in the entire province!

A high-ranking official!

A true frontier governor!

In the presence of such a high-ranking figure, even Tyler, who held the title of Tiger-Might General, would be suppressed.

"Brother Dustin, are you okay?" After entering, Lord Xenos first inquired about Dustin's well-being.

"I'm fine. Thank you for your concern, Governor," Dustin politely nodded.

"That's good."

Lord Xenos smiled, but when he turned his gaze to Tyler, his expression suddenly turned cold. "Tyler, you wield quite a bit of power, huh? Do you think that just because you're a third-rank general, you can act recklessly and believe that no one can rein you in?"

His words were ruthless and gave no face to the Grant family.

"Governor, you've misunderstood. It was Dustin who came here to cause trouble, and we were just defending ourselves," Kate hastily defended.

"That's right! It was Dustin who openly killed a member of the Grant family and challenged our family's authority. We must seek justice!" Grant family members echoed.

"Shut up, all of you!"

Lord Xenos glared. "Don't think I don't know what's happening here. Members of the Grant family kidnapped Miss Harmon and publicly killed Hector. Your despicable actions have caused outrage among both gods and men!"

His words left the Grant family members speechless.

They had no ground to stand on in terms of reason.

"Lord Xenos, I have no grievances with you, so why must you oppose me?" Tyler's face grew colder, and his gaze turned hostile.

The last time at the Harmon family's residence, Lord Xenos had interfered and disrupted his plans. He hadn't expected that today, this man would show up again and even crash the scene. It was nothing short of excessive provocation!

"You, as a general of the Dragonmarsh, should uphold the law, enforce justice, and maintain righteousness. But look at your actions; how are they any different from those of criminals?" Lord Xenos stated firmly.

"Lord Xenos, although your official position is higher than mine, it doesn't mean you have the right to dictate to me."

Tyler stood with his hands behind his back, unyielding. "My position as a general was bestowed by the imperial family and falls under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of War. Even if you are the provincial governor, you don't have the authority to meddle in my affairs!"

A provincial governor was the highest-ranking official in a region, overseeing both military and political authority.

Although their official positions were high, they belonged to different systems—civil officials and military officials had always had a strained relationship. If they really came into conflict, he wasn't necessarily afraid because he had a powerful backer!

"Tyler, don't be too arrogant!"

Lord Xenos coldly snorted. "Southern Province falls under my jurisdiction. If you commit any outrageous acts, I won't stand idly by!"

"Lord Xenos, I have always followed the law. Where is the outrageous act you're talking about?" Tyler confidently declared, "At the very least, even if I have committed some crime, it's not something a local official like you can easily handle!"

As soon as he finished speaking, a powerful and imposing voice suddenly echoed in the air.

"Lord Xenos can't handle you? What if I step in?"

Chapter 1236 Provincial Governor and the Grand Marshal Support

The elderly man walked with an imposing presence, his face filled with authority. Invisibly, he exuded a sense of solemnity that sent shivers down one's spine, making people feel a chill just by looking at him.

"It's General Murray! General Murray is here!"

"Oh my goodness! What's happening today? Why is even the reclusive General Murray appearing?"

"This is bad! The Grant family is in trouble!"

Seeing General Murray, the entire scene erupted once again.

Lord Xenos's appearance had already been astonishing, but now that General Murray had also arrived, it was truly unbelievable.

As the former Grand Marshal who had achieved great military feats, General Murray was highly respected and influential. Throughout his life, he had fought in numerous battles, and his disciples and proteges were spread throughout the nation. Whether it was in terms of power, connections, or influence, he held a commanding position in the entire Balermo Region.

Even Lord Xenos, as the Provincial Governor, would be overshadowed by him.

"Kid, I'm here to support you today. Let's see who dares to be audacious!"

General Murray didn't waste any words and immediately stood by Dustin's side, declaring his stance.

However, this action once again shocked the crowd.

"What? General Murray came because of this kid? Is this a joke?"

"How is this possible? What kind of background does this kid have to be able to invite General Murray to intervene?"

"It looks like this guy has some powerful connections."

Whispers and discussions filled the air, and the way people looked at Dustin changed significantly.

Initially, they had thought that Dustin had come here to stir up trouble and was courting disaster. However, they now realized that he had come prepared. It turned out that he not only had martial prowess but also had powerful connections, with both the Provincial Governor and the Grand Marshal supporting him. With such backing, he could walk with his head held high.

"My God! Who is this guy?"

Kate's expression was shocked, and she found it hard to believe. She had always thought that Dustin was just a martial artist without any power or influence. From the beginning, she had looked down on him and considered him inferior. However, she now realized how wrong she was, and her judgment had been completely off.

Dustin not only had martial skills but also had a vast network of influential connections. This made it clear that he had the qualifications to challenge the Grant family.

"Oh no! Who is this kid really?"

The Harmon family's group of people were stunned and couldn't believe their eyes. Their souls seemed to have left their bodies.

Natasha had been kidnapped, and Hector had been killed. They were all implicated, and Dustin, who had close ties to Natasha, was unlikely to let the matter rest. In the past, they might have been able to avoid trouble by relying on the Grant family's power, but now that Dustin had revealed his influential connections, even the Grant family might not dare to act recklessly.

In other words, if Dustin sought revenge, they would all be in an extremely dire situation!

"Is this kid really that powerful?"

Trent's group was shocked and dumbfounded, unable to believe their eyes.

Chapter 1237 The Old Grant

"General Murray, the Grant family and the Murray family have never interfered with each other's affairs. Is it really necessary for you to come here and cause trouble?" Tyler frowned.

With his current strength, he couldn't directly confront the two giants, but that didn't mean he had to compromise.

As the top of the Three Absolute Peaks, the Grant family naturally had its own background and strength. If they were to openly confront each other, it was still uncertain who would come out on top.

"Is it too much?" General Murray snorted. "If it weren't for your Grant family causing trouble first, why would I appear here? Are you suggesting that only the Grant family can defend itself against aggression, but others can't do anything?"

Today was Dustin's birthday, and as the elder, he had originally planned to attend the celebration at the Zypher Lodge. However, when he heard about the situation, he immediately rushed over with his men.

"Tyler, if you don't want to cause more trouble, release the hostage immediately. Otherwise, you won't be able to bear the consequences!" Lord Xenos threatened coldly.

"Lord Tyler, why don't we... just forget about it?" Kate hesitated and weakly suggested, "Today is our engagement day. It's not suitable to create a big scene. Let's release Natasha first to calm the situation. As for the treasure map, we can plan for it later. What do you think?"

"Shut up!" Tyler was furious and raised his hand to slap her.

The tremendous force caused Kate to stagger and almost fall. Her beautiful face instantly became swollen.

"Lord Tyler?"

Kate covered her burning face, feeling lost.

She didn't understand which part of her words had angered him.

"Useless! This is your fault!" Tyler's expression was unsightly.

The Grant family had ruled Balermo for many years, and they had never bowed to anyone. If they were threatened and forced to act, it would be a blow to their reputation as a top family.

"Kid, you have three minutes to consider your actions. If you don't apologize in time, don't blame me for turning hostile!" General Murray issued a final warning.

"General Murray, you're a Grand Marshal, and yet you're bullying our family's juniors. What kind of ability is that?" Suddenly, a hoarse and low voice echoed in the air.

People subconsciously turned their heads to look. From the inner courtyard in the distance, a white figure suddenly shot up into the sky, rising above everyone's heads.

Following that, the white figure changed direction, like a soaring eagle, it plunged down with destructive force.

As it was about to crash heavily, the white figure spread its arms, and the impact was instantly halted.

With a light breeze beneath its feet, the figure floated down gracefully, landing without making a sound.

Fast and slow, controlled with ease. The figure displayed incredible martial arts skills.

After landing, everyone finally saw that it was an elderly man in white.

The old man was dressed in traditional clothing, had a thin stature, and a withered appearance. However, his eyes were sharp and piercing, occasionally revealing a terrifying edge.

The old man was none other than the pillar of the Grant family—Thaddeus Grant!

"Grandfather?"

Seeing the newcomer, Tyler's eyes lit up.

The previous tension in the air immediately eased.

With the appearance of Thaddeus, the Grant family's secret weapon had come into play. Even if Lord Xenos and General Murray joined forces, they had nothing to fear.

" Loyal and Brave Count - Thaddeus?!"

Lord Xenos narrowed his eyes and became more solemn.

Chapter 1238 The Denial

The Grant family had been a top-tier aristocratic family for a hundred years due to their accumulated strength, particularly the previous family head, Thaddeus, who was a brilliant strategist.

In his younger years, he had been shrewd in choosing his master in the struggle for imperial power, supporting the right side, and then continuously assisting in their rise, becoming the main pillar of the Grant family and finally being personally granted the title of “Loyal and Brave Count” by the emperor.

His power and status, as well as his personal bravery, were no weaker than General Murray's. In some aspects, he even surpassed him.

The only difference was that General Murray had earned his reputation on the battlefield, while Thaddeus had achieved his through political maneuvering.

Although their paths were different, both were top-tier figures in their own right.

"Hahaha... This is great! The old family head has finally appeared!"

"With the old family head here, who dares to be presumptuous in the Grant family?"

Seeing Thaddeus, the Grant family's members were filled with joy. It was as if they had found their backbone, dispelling the previous gloomy atmosphere.

"Daughter! We're saved! We're saved!"

Trent felt as if he had been granted a reprieve and was overjoyed. He had been worried about how to resolve the situation, but Thaddeus's appearance gave him hope.

"Great! I knew I made the right choice!"

Kate was also overjoyed. Tyler not only had a promising future but also had a high-ranking grandfather.

The title of "Loyal and Brave Count" might not have real power, but it represented immense honor and an incomprehensible network of connections. In critical moments, they could even directly meet the emperor.

With such a big figure presiding, who could threaten the Grant family?

"Dustin, oh, Dustin, even if you have Lord Xenos backing you, what can you do? Even if you have General Murray as a backer, so what? In the end, you still can't save Natasha, and you still can't change the situation. You will always only be fit to be trampled under our feet!"

Kate muttered to herself, a cold smile on her face. She admitted that Dustin had some abilities, but unfortunately, he couldn't stir up any big waves.

"General Murray, you and I are both significant figures. But now, you're publicly bullying my grandson. Do you think that the Grant family is powerless?"

Thaddeus stood with his hands behind his back, his expression indifferent. He didn't need to be polite since they had already come to cause trouble.

"Thaddeus, let's be clear that your grandson started this trouble. We're just seeking justice. Is there a problem with that?" General Murray calmly responded.

"If you want justice, you should speak directly to me. What kind of ability is it to bully a junior?" Thaddeus retorted arrogantly.

"You've been hiding and not coming out. Who knows where you are?" General Murray sneered.

"Now that I'm here, what do you want to say?" Thaddeus's gaze was unwavering.

"If you want justice, either hand over the person voluntarily or we'll search for her. Your choice." General Murray got straight to the point.

"Bind someone? I heard there is no such thing from my grandson. What do you say?" Thaddeus asked, turning to his grandson.

"No, there isn't," Tyler shook his head.

"Well, did you hear that? My grandson says there isn't. You can leave now." Thaddeus waved his hand dismissively, as if he was chasing away flies.

"One word of denial, and you want to send us away? Do you think we're idiots?" General Murray's face turned cold.

"If you don't like it, you can talk to me directly. Bullying the younger generation, what kind of ability is that?" Thaddeus replied with an air of dominance.

"If you want justice, either hand over the person voluntarily or we'll search for her. Your choice." General Murray was not one to mince words.

"Hand over the person voluntarily? Impossible. Searching for her? Even more impossible. The Grant family is not a place where you can act recklessly!" Thaddeus said sternly.

"Heh! You old man! Are you refusing to cooperate? Do you think that I can't dismantle you today?" General Murray said angrily.

Chapter 1239 Ultimate Grandmaster Appearance

"Dismantle my family? Do you have the ability for that?" Thaddeus coldly snorted. "General Murray, you don't think that you can act arrogantly in my territory just because you brought some people with you, do you? Your general's mansionis indeed powerful, but my Viscount’s mansion is not just a name. If anyone dares to act recklessly here, I have the right to take action first and report later!"

"Taking action first and reporting later, is it? Come on, let's have a practice fight, and let's see whose fists are harder!" General Murray rolled up his sleeves, ready to fight.

"Martial Lord Christopher, you want to fight, is it? Alright, I'll find someone to accompany you!" Thaddeus suddenly raised his voice and shouted, "Brother Zachary, it's your turn!"

"Ha...hahaha..."

As soon as he finished speaking, thunderous laughter erupted suddenly, resounding through the air. The laughter seemed to come from all directions and was deafening. Ordinary people were in pain and instinctively covered their ears.

At the same time the laughter rang out, a red figure suddenly descended from the sky, like a cannonball, and landed heavily in the center of the scene.

"Boom!"

A loud noise echoed, and stones flew in all directions, and dust billowed. A powerful gust of wind centered on the landing point and swept in all directions, causing people's hair to stand on end, their clothes to rustle, and making it difficult to keep their eyes open.

After the strong wind passed, a middle-aged man in a fiery red robe with graying temples walked out with his head held high. He was tall and had sharp eyes. His whole body seemed to be a ball of fire, exuding a scorching aura, and the temperature around him was rapidly rising.

Wherever he passed, people were sweating profusely, their breath quickening, and they felt extremely hot.

"It's Zachary! It's Zachary Graves, one of the Five Ultimate Grandmasters of Balermo!"

As soon as the crowd saw the man's face, the whole scene erupted in commotion.

"What? Zachary? How did he end up here?"

"My goodness! I didn't expect that there would be a top martial master like Zachary hiding in the Viscount’s mansion!"

"With Zachary here, it seems that General Murray and the others won't be able to take advantage of the situation today."

"..."

Zachary's appearance sparked discussions among the crowd.

The Five Ultimate Grandmasters of Balermo were all top martial masters, each capable of facing an army alone. With Zachary joining the Grant family, their strength was greatly enhanced.

"Thaddeus, I heard that someone was causing trouble here. Who could be so bold?" Zachary walked up with an arrogant demeanor.

"Hey, it's the people right in front of you," Thaddeus pointed meaningfully at General Murray and the others, coldly saying, "General Murray, you said you wanted to fight, right? Come and try your skills with Zachary. Let's see if your old bones can handle a few moves."

"Hmm?"

Hearing this, General Murray couldn't help but furrow his brows.

He was well aware of Zachary's strength. He was a martial master on par with Sea Emperor (Edmund Robinson). In terms of pure martial prowess, he was at the pinnacle of Balermo.

Even during his prime, General Murray didn't have confidence in winning against Zachary, let alone now when he was still recovering from his recent injuries.

"If you want to fight, old man, then let's fight. But I won't back down either!" General Murray confronted Thaddeus directly, avoiding a direct challenge with Zachary.

"Old man, seeking outside help is what you consider bravery? If you have the guts, fight me!" Zachary said, his tone challenging.

Chapter 1240 Battle of the Immortals

At this point, Zachary spoke with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, "They say that military tactics and martial arts are two different things. I'm very curious to find out if your killer instincts are formidable or if my martial arts skills are superior."

This statement caused another commotion among the crowd. It was a blatant challenge.

Indeed, they were different specialties. If it came to strategy and tactics, General Murray would have the upper hand. However, in terms of martial prowess, very few in all of Balermo could rival Zachary.

The problem was that Zachary had openly challenged General Murray, and if he refused, it would damage his reputation and prestige.

"Zachary, if you want to challenge the General Murray, you're not qualified. Let me handle you!" A cold and clear female voice suddenly rang out.

All eyes turned toward the source of the voice, revealing a striking woman dressed in a red martial attire. She had silver short hair, and her demeanor was cold and indifferent. There was a hint of martial valor in her appearance, making her look commanding and heroic.

"Wow! It's Scarlet Spanner! The ‘Goddess of War’ is here too!"

"Unbelievable! Did I see that right? Even Dragonmarsh's strongest female war goddess is here? What's going on today?"

"A battle of the immortals! It's really a battle of the immortals!"

The appearance of Scarlet, known as the Goddess of War, caused another uproar among the crowd. These were all prominent figures at the peak of Dragonmarsh's power. Seeing one of them was an honor, but suddenly encountering so many extraordinary individuals left them in disbelief.

"Not her again? She's here again!" Kate exclaimed, shrinking back and hiding behind Tyler.

The memory of Scarlet single-handedly killing Dylan at the Harmon family's residence was still fresh in her mind, and it had left her with a deep fear.

"Could it be that even the Scarlet Spanner was invited by Dustin?" Trent and the others were shocked. They couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding. Last time, they could pass it off as a coincidence, but now, it seemed that Scarlet's presence was closely related to Dustin.

"Scarlet?"

Tyler furrowed his brows and his expression turned serious. Among the younger generation in Dragonmarsh, there were very few who could compare to him. However, Scarlet was undoubtedly one of them. While he had worked hard for many years and had only achieved the rank of a third-grade Dark Panther Cavalry General, Scarlet had become a first-grade War Goddess, granting her the privilege to directly communicate with the imperial court.

The disparity between them was clear, and it was as vast as the difference between the heavens and the earth.

"Scarlet," Tyler muttered, his face becoming more solemn.

Considering his status and abilities, he was keenly aware of the gap between them. However, since Scarlet had openly challenged him, refusing would harm his reputation and dignity.

"Scarlet, you want to challenge me? Fine, I accept your challenge. Let's see what you're capable of," Tyler replied with a hint of a smile, not backing down from the confrontation with Scarlet.

"Great! I've been wanting to spar with you for a long time," Scarlet responded confidently.

As the two formidable individuals prepared to face off, the tension in the room grew palpable.
I thought the event of the grant family will elapse in this part of chapters
Anyway thanks jungal for the good work
Here waiting to see how this event of the grants will unfold

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
1231 Pang of Sadness

"Splut!"

The sharp dagger stabbed into Hector's back and emerged from his chest. A single drop of blood adorned the gleaming blade.

"Ugh..."

Hector's body trembled, his expression frozen. He instinctively lowered his head to see the dagger tip protruding from his heart, slowly dripping with blood.

"Ah?"

This sudden turn of events left everyone in shock. No one had expected Brayden to make such a sudden and deadly attack.

"Hector?" Dustin was also taken aback. His attention had been focused on Tyler and Kate, and he hadn't anticipated that Brayden, as a hostage, would launch such an attack.

"Du...Dustin... Take care of my daughter... from now on..." Hector uttered his final words with great difficulty before his head slumped down, lifeless.

"Uncle..."

Among the crowd, Trent's face showed signs of pain. Regardless of the circumstances, the two were brothers who had grown up together and carried the weight of their family on their shoulders.

Now that Hector had been killed, Trent couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness.

However, he didn't dare to voice his anger because he couldn't afford to offend the murderer.

Brayden laughed sinisterly, withdrew the bloody dagger, and then kicked Hector's body forcefully in the back.

"Thud!"

"Uncle?"

Dustin crouched down, his hand trembling as he checked Hector's pulse, but his fingertips only detected lifelessness.

"He's beyond saving."

Hector had already been critically injured, and his life force was on the verge of extinguishing. Now, he had suffered a fatal blow, and even immortals wouldn't be able to save him.

"Little scoundrel! Didn't expect this, did you? Daring to defy me, this is your fate!" Brayden gloated. "Furthermore, let me tell you a cruel fact: not only will I kill your family and friends, but I will also humiliate your woman! I will torment her in front of you, make her wish for death! How does it feel? Are you angry? Do you want to kill me? Unfortunately, you won't have the chance. From the moment you released me, you were destined to die without a burial ground! Hahaha..."

A small-time martial artist dared to challenge him. It was like an ant challenging a giant tree.

"Brayden!"

Dustin slowly stood up, enunciating each word, his eyes filled with boundless killing intent and ferocity.

His hair stood on end, and his clothes billowed even without a breeze. An overwhelming aura surged out from his body, shooting straight into the sky.

Everyone felt a heavy weight pressing down on their bodies, making it difficult to breathe. An indescribable sense of unease suddenly welled up within them.

"Brayden! I will tear you apart into a thousand pieces!" Dustin couldn't contain his anger any longer. His entire being shot forward like a fierce beast.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

Gunshots rang out, but they all hit the afterimages of Dustin, not causing any harm.

"Quick! Stop him!"

"Let me go!"

The next moment, the gunfire stopped abruptly, fearing they might hit the wrong target.

The powerful guards also stopped in their tracks, not daring to make any rash moves.

"Dustin! I warn you, don't do anything reckless. If you harm Brayden, you'll face a great disaster!" Kate shouted sternly.

At this moment, everyone could feel the terrifying intent to kill emanating from Dustin.

"Little punk! You'd better be careful. If you harm me, your whole family will suffer!" Brayden threatened loudly.

Even though he was captured, he was surrounded by the Grant family's people, feeling safe.

"You—deserve to die!"

Dustin's eyes practically spewed flames as he slowly tightened his grip on Brayden's head.

The terrifying power at his fingertips pierced through Brayden's flesh and gradually reached his skull.

"Ah~!"

Brayden couldn't help but scream in terror as the fear of death surged within him.

"Wait! Please stop!"

At this moment, Brayden finally panicked and began to plead, "Dustin, please calm down! If you kill me, countless people will die with me! Think about your woman, think about your family. They will all be buried with you!"

"Crack, crack, crack..."

Intense pain and the fear of death made Brayden cry and beg for mercy, "Please... don't kill me. I know I was wrong. I beg you, spare my life. As long as you let me go, I promise not to hold you responsible. I can swear!"

"Dustin! Stop immediately! If you kill Brayden, the entire Natasha’s immediate family will die!" Kate threatened.

"What?!"

They couldn't believe that, under such tight security, Dustin actually dared to kill.

"Damn! Is this guy suicidal? He actually killed the Grant family's young master?!"

"This kid made a grave mistake. He shouldn't have offended the Grant family. He might face the extermination of his entire clan now!"

The guests whispered among themselves, and the entire Grant family was sure to be furious.

"Dead... he's dead?"

Kate was stunned, her beautiful eyes wide open, wearing an expression of disbelief.

She couldn't have predicted that Dustin would actually dare to kill someone in public, especially Tyler's own younger brother.

The death of his third brother had already dealt him a significant blow. Now, if his two nieces couldn't be spared either, it would be adding insult to injury.

"Outrageous!"

"Daring!"

After a brief moment of shock, the Grant family's relatives were instantly furious, loudly berating Dustin.

Having established themselves in Millsburg for many years, no one had ever dared to challenge the authority of the Grant family, let alone brutally kill a direct member of the family right in front of them.

"Dustin, you've defied divine authority. Today, no one can save you," Tyler spoke coldly.

The death of his younger brother hadn't caused much turbulence in his emotions. But Dustin, as the murderer, had openly provoked the Grant family's authority, and he would have to pay with his life.

"Thud!"

Brayden flew like a soccer ball, hurtling toward Tyler at breakneck speed, like a human projectile.

"Hmph!"

"Bang!"

There was a loud explosion, and Brayden's body instantly burst apart, turning into a spray of blood and flesh that scattered everywhere.

The surrounding Grant family relatives were covered in the mist of blood, their faces turning pale.

Dustin had already shown extreme cruelty, but they hadn't expected Tyler to be even more ruthless, not even sparing his own younger brother's corpse.

"Get him!"

Tyler ordered coldly, then took out a white handkerchief and carefully wiped the blood off his hands.

"Attack!"

Following his command, a group of elite guards immediately drew their weapons and advanced toward Dustin.

"How dare you!"

"Who are you people? How dare you trespass into the Grant family? You've got some nerve!"

"A bunch of ignorant fools! Is this a place you can just barge into? Get out now!"

The appearance of the Kirin Gang infuriated the Grant family's relatives even more.

Dustin, this young man, openly challenging the authority of the Grant family was one thing, but now a group of ruffians had also emerged, swaggering around and causing chaos. It was simply outrageous!

"People of the Grant family, listen up! Release Natasha immediately, or we'll fight to the death today!"

Cornelius led a multitude of Kirin Gang, striding forward with a threatening demeanor, facing off against the Grant family's forces.

In his eyes, the Kirin Gang, no matter how powerful they seemed, were nothing more than a ragtag bunch.

"Dustin! You're too naive. Do you think you can challenge the Grant family's might with these small fry? You're living in a dream!" Kate sneered.

Although the Kirin Gang had some influence, in the face of the Grant family, they were nothing more than insignificant ants.

"If the Kirin Gang can't handle it, what if we add our Stoneray Order to the mix?"

Following that, an ethereal old man and a group of dignified individuals walked in, moving leisurely.

These people were all in their fifties, dressed in long robes. They might not exude overwhelming pressure, but their presence was as solid as a mountain, deep and impenetrable.

The newcomers were none other than Stoneray Order's master, Dr. Watkins, and a group of elders and disciples.

"Stoneray Order usually doesn't involve itself in worldly affairs or disputes. What's happening today? Even the reclusive Medicine King has appeared."

Because of the appearance of Stoneray Order's people, there was a commotion in the entire hall.

While they might appear powerless, they had an extensive network of connections with major forces.

Everyone fell ill from time to time, and when seriously ill, they had no choice but to seek help from Stoneray Order.

Over the years, Stoneray Order's influence had grown to be almost on par with the Three Supreme Factions.

However, Stoneray Order had always maintained a neutral stance, so their sudden appearance naturally led to speculation.

"Elder Dustin, today, I led a group to Zypher Lodge to celebrate your birthday, but it seems you've come here instead. I hope I haven't missed anything important," Dr. Watkins smiled as he approached.

"Medicine King, what do you mean by this? Are you going to help Dustin and oppose our Grant family?" Kate questioned coldly.

If it was only the Kirin Gang, the Grant family could easily crush them, but if Stoneray Order joined in, it would be troublesome.

After all, Stoneray Order's influence was immense, and once they took sides, they could sway public opinion against the Grant family.

"Dustin is an elder of our Stoneray Order. If he's in danger, Stoneray Order cannot stand by and do nothing," Dr. Watkins calmly stated.

She hadn't expected Dustin to have such an identity. No wonder he dared to be so arrogant.

"General Tyler, today is supposed to be a day of celebration, so we shouldn't let things escalate too far. Release Natasha, and we can all live in peace. Wouldn't that be nice?" Dr. Watkins spoke again with a profound meaning.

"General Tyler, we shouldn't go to extremes in everything, or we might end up causing more trouble for ourselves," Dr. Watkins warned with deep significance.

"General Tyler, don't be too arrogant. This inspector wants to see how you can be ruthless in front of me!" Suddenly, a stern voice rang out at the entrance.

Following that, a middle-aged man with a commanding presence and a group of guards marched in.

Chapter 1235 Lord Xenos

"Look at the way Lord Xenos has brought so many guards. It doesn't seem like he's here for the engagement banquet."

"Of course not! Who brings so many guards to a wedding? It's obvious he's here to cause trouble!"

It should be noted that the person who had just arrived was the Provincial Governor, the one who held full military and political authority in the entire province!

A high-ranking official!

In the presence of such a high-ranking figure, even Tyler, who held the title of Tiger-Might General, would be suppressed.

"Brother Dustin, are you okay?" After entering, Lord Xenos first inquired about Dustin's well-being.

"That's good."

Lord Xenos smiled, but when he turned his gaze to Tyler, his expression suddenly turned cold. "Tyler, you wield quite a bit of power, huh? Do you think that just because you're a third-rank general, you can act recklessly and believe that no one can rein you in?"

"Governor, you've misunderstood. It was Dustin who came here to cause trouble, and we were just defending ourselves," Kate hastily defended.

"That's right! It was Dustin who openly killed a member of the Grant family and challenged our family's authority. We must seek justice!" Grant family members echoed.

"Shut up, all of you!"

Lord Xenos glared. "Don't think I don't know what's happening here. Members of the Grant family kidnapped Miss Harmon and publicly killed Hector. Your despicable actions have caused outrage among both gods and men!"

"Lord Xenos, I have no grievances with you, so why must you oppose me?" Tyler's face grew colder, and his gaze turned hostile.

The last time at the Harmon family's residence, Lord Xenos had interfered and disrupted his plans. He hadn't expected that today, this man would show up again and even crash the scene. It was nothing short of excessive provocation!

"You, as a general of the Dragonmarsh, should uphold the law, enforce justice, and maintain righteousness. But look at your actions; how are they any different from those of criminals?" Lord Xenos stated firmly.

"Lord Xenos, although your official position is higher than mine, it doesn't mean you have the right to dictate to me."

Tyler stood with his hands behind his back, unyielding. "My position as a general was bestowed by the imperial family and falls under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of War. Even if you are the provincial governor, you don't have the authority to meddle in my affairs!"

A provincial governor was the highest-ranking official in a region, overseeing both military and political authority.

Although their official positions were high, they belonged to different systems—civil officials and military officials had always had a strained relationship. If they really came into conflict, he wasn't necessarily afraid because he had a powerful backer!

Lord Xenos coldly snorted. "Southern Province falls under my jurisdiction. If you commit any outrageous acts, I won't stand idly by!"

"Lord Xenos, I have always followed the law. Where is the outrageous act you're talking about?" Tyler confidently declared, "At the very least, even if I have committed some crime, it's not something a local official like you can easily handle!"

As soon as he finished speaking, a powerful and imposing voice suddenly echoed in the air.

The elderly man walked with an imposing presence, his face filled with authority. Invisibly, he exuded a sense of solemnity that sent shivers down one's spine, making people feel a chill just by looking at him.

"Oh my goodness! What's happening today? Why is even the reclusive General Murray appearing?"

Lord Xenos's appearance had already been astonishing, but now that General Murray had also arrived, it was truly unbelievable.

As the former Grand Marshal who had achieved great military feats, General Murray was highly respected and influential. Throughout his life, he had fought in numerous battles, and his disciples and proteges were spread throughout the nation. Whether it was in terms of power, connections, or influence, he held a commanding position in the entire Balermo Region.

General Murray didn't waste any words and immediately stood by Dustin's side, declaring his stance.

"How is this possible? What kind of background does this kid have to be able to invite General Murray to intervene?"

Whispers and discussions filled the air, and the way people looked at Dustin changed significantly.

Initially, they had thought that Dustin had come here to stir up trouble and was courting disaster. However, they now realized that he had come prepared. It turned out that he not only had martial prowess but also had powerful connections, with both the Provincial Governor and the Grand Marshal supporting him. With such backing, he could walk with his head held high.

Kate's expression was shocked, and she found it hard to believe. She had always thought that Dustin was just a martial artist without any power or influence. From the beginning, she had looked down on him and considered him inferior. However, she now realized how wrong she was, and her judgment had been completely off.

Dustin not only had martial skills but also had a vast network of influential connections. This made it clear that he had the qualifications to challenge the Grant family.

The Harmon family's group of people were stunned and couldn't believe their eyes. Their souls seemed to have left their bodies.

Natasha had been kidnapped, and Hector had been killed. They were all implicated, and Dustin, who had close ties to Natasha, was unlikely to let the matter rest. In the past, they might have been able to avoid trouble by relying on the Grant family's power, but now that Dustin had revealed his influential connections, even the Grant family might not dare to act recklessly.

In other words, if Dustin sought revenge, they would all be in an extremely dire situation!

"General Murray, the Grant family and the Murray family have never interfered with each other's affairs. Is it really necessary for you to come here and cause trouble?" Tyler frowned.

With his current strength, he couldn't directly confront the two giants, but that didn't mean he had to compromise.

As the top of the Three Absolute Peaks, the Grant family naturally had its own background and strength. If they were to openly confront each other, it was still uncertain who would come out on top.

"Is it too much?" General Murray snorted. "If it weren't for your Grant family causing trouble first, why would I appear here? Are you suggesting that only the Grant family can defend itself against aggression, but others can't do anything?"

Today was Dustin's birthday, and as the elder, he had originally planned to attend the celebration at the Zypher Lodge. However, when he heard about the situation, he immediately rushed over with his men.

"Tyler, if you don't want to cause more trouble, release the hostage immediately. Otherwise, you won't be able to bear the consequences!" Lord Xenos threatened coldly.

"Lord Tyler, why don't we... just forget about it?" Kate hesitated and weakly suggested, "Today is our engagement day. It's not suitable to create a big scene. Let's release Natasha first to calm the situation. As for the treasure map, we can plan for it later. What do you think?"

The tremendous force caused Kate to stagger and almost fall. Her beautiful face instantly became swollen.

"Lord Tyler?"

The Grant family had ruled Balermo for many years, and they had never bowed to anyone. If they were threatened and forced to act, it would be a blow to their reputation as a top family.

"Kid, you have three minutes to consider your actions. If you don't apologize in time, don't blame me for turning hostile!" General Murray issued a final warning.

"General Murray, you're a Grand Marshal, and yet you're bullying our family's juniors. What kind of ability is that?" Suddenly, a hoarse and low voice echoed in the air.

People subconsciously turned their heads to look. From the inner courtyard in the distance, a white figure suddenly shot up into the sky, rising above everyone's heads.

Following that, the white figure changed direction, like a soaring eagle, it plunged down with destructive force.

As it was about to crash heavily, the white figure spread its arms, and the impact was instantly halted.

With a light breeze beneath its feet, the figure floated down gracefully, landing without making a sound.

Fast and slow, controlled with ease. The figure displayed incredible martial arts skills.

The old man was dressed in traditional clothing, had a thin stature, and a withered appearance. However, his eyes were sharp and piercing, occasionally revealing a terrifying edge.

"Grandfather?"

With the appearance of Thaddeus, the Grant family's secret weapon had come into play. Even if Lord Xenos and General Murray joined forces, they had nothing to fear.

Chapter 1238 The Denial

The Grant family had been a top-tier aristocratic family for a hundred years due to their accumulated strength, particularly the previous family head, Thaddeus, who was a brilliant strategist.

In his younger years, he had been shrewd in choosing his master in the struggle for imperial power, supporting the right side, and then continuously assisting in their rise, becoming the main pillar of the Grant family and finally being personally granted the title of “Loyal and Brave Count” by the emperor.

His power and status, as well as his personal bravery, were no weaker than General Murray's. In some aspects, he even surpassed him.

The only difference was that General Murray had earned his reputation on the battlefield, while Thaddeus had achieved his through political maneuvering.

Although their paths were different, both were top-tier figures in their own right.

"With the old family head here, who dares to be presumptuous in the Grant family?"

Seeing Thaddeus, the Grant family's members were filled with joy. It was as if they had found their backbone, dispelling the previous gloomy atmosphere.

Trent felt as if he had been granted a reprieve and was overjoyed. He had been worried about how to resolve the situation, but Thaddeus's appearance gave him hope.

Kate was also overjoyed. Tyler not only had a promising future but also had a high-ranking grandfather.

The title of "Loyal and Brave Count" might not have real power, but it represented immense honor and an incomprehensible network of connections. In critical moments, they could even directly meet the emperor.

"Dustin, oh, Dustin, even if you have Lord Xenos backing you, what can you do? Even if you have General Murray as a backer, so what? In the end, you still can't save Natasha, and you still can't change the situation. You will always only be fit to be trampled under our feet!"

Kate muttered to herself, a cold smile on her face. She admitted that Dustin had some abilities, but unfortunately, he couldn't stir up any big waves.

"General Murray, you and I are both significant figures. But now, you're publicly bullying my grandson. Do you think that the Grant family is powerless?"

Thaddeus stood with his hands behind his back, his expression indifferent. He didn't need to be polite since they had already come to cause trouble.

"Thaddeus, let's be clear that your grandson started this trouble. We're just seeking justice. Is there a problem with that?" General Murray calmly responded.

"If you want justice, you should speak directly to me. What kind of ability is it to bully a junior?" Thaddeus retorted arrogantly.

"You've been hiding and not coming out. Who knows where you are?" General Murray sneered.

"If you want justice, either hand over the person voluntarily or we'll search for her. Your choice." General Murray got straight to the point.

"Bind someone? I heard there is no such thing from my grandson. What do you say?" Thaddeus asked, turning to his grandson.

"Well, did you hear that? My grandson says there isn't. You can leave now." Thaddeus waved his hand dismissively, as if he was chasing away flies.

"One word of denial, and you want to send us away? Do you think we're idiots?" General Murray's face turned cold.

"If you don't like it, you can talk to me directly. Bullying the younger generation, what kind of ability is that?" Thaddeus replied with an air of dominance.

"If you want justice, either hand over the person voluntarily or we'll search for her. Your choice." General Murray was not one to mince words.

"Hand over the person voluntarily? Impossible. Searching for her? Even more impossible. The Grant family is not a place where you can act recklessly!" Thaddeus said sternly.

"Heh! You old man! Are you refusing to cooperate? Do you think that I can't dismantle you today?" General Murray said angrily.

"Dismantle my family? Do you have the ability for that?" Thaddeus coldly snorted. "General Murray, you don't think that you can act arrogantly in my territory just because you brought some people with you, do you? Your general's mansionis indeed powerful, but my Viscount’s mansion is not just a name. If anyone dares to act recklessly here, I have the right to take action first and report later!"

"Taking action first and reporting later, is it? Come on, let's have a practice fight, and let's see whose fists are harder!" General Murray rolled up his sleeves, ready to fight.

"Martial Lord Christopher, you want to fight, is it? Alright, I'll find someone to accompany you!" Thaddeus suddenly raised his voice and shouted, "Brother Zachary, it's your turn!"

"Ha...hahaha..."

As soon as he finished speaking, thunderous laughter erupted suddenly, resounding through the air. The laughter seemed to come from all directions and was deafening. Ordinary people were in pain and instinctively covered their ears.

At the same time the laughter rang out, a red figure suddenly descended from the sky, like a cannonball, and landed heavily in the center of the scene.

"Boom!"

A loud noise echoed, and stones flew in all directions, and dust billowed. A powerful gust of wind centered on the landing point and swept in all directions, causing people's hair to stand on end, their clothes to rustle, and making it difficult to keep their eyes open.

After the strong wind passed, a middle-aged man in a fiery red robe with graying temples walked out with his head held high. He was tall and had sharp eyes. His whole body seemed to be a ball of fire, exuding a scorching aura, and the temperature around him was rapidly rising.

Wherever he passed, people were sweating profusely, their breath quickening, and they felt extremely hot.

"It's Zachary! It's Zachary Graves, one of the Five Ultimate Grandmasters of Balermo!"

"My goodness! I didn't expect that there would be a top martial master like Zachary hiding in the Viscount’s mansion!"

"With Zachary here, it seems that General Murray and the others won't be able to take advantage of the situation today."

"..."

The Five Ultimate Grandmasters of Balermo were all top martial masters, each capable of facing an army alone. With Zachary joining the Grant family, their strength was greatly enhanced.

"Thaddeus, I heard that someone was causing trouble here. Who could be so bold?" Zachary walked up with an arrogant demeanor.

"Hey, it's the people right in front of you," Thaddeus pointed meaningfully at General Murray and the others, coldly saying, "General Murray, you said you wanted to fight, right? Come and try your skills with Zachary. Let's see if your old bones can handle a few moves."

"Hmm?"

He was well aware of Zachary's strength. He was a martial master on par with Sea Emperor (Edmund Robinson). In terms of pure martial prowess, he was at the pinnacle of Balermo.

Even during his prime, General Murray didn't have confidence in winning against Zachary, let alone now when he was still recovering from his recent injuries.

"If you want to fight, old man, then let's fight. But I won't back down either!" General Murray confronted Thaddeus directly, avoiding a direct challenge with Zachary.

"Old man, seeking outside help is what you consider bravery? If you have the guts, fight me!" Zachary said, his tone challenging.

At this point, Zachary spoke with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, "They say that military tactics and martial arts are two different things. I'm very curious to find out if your killer instincts are formidable or if my martial arts skills are superior."

This statement caused another commotion among the crowd. It was a blatant challenge.

Indeed, they were different specialties. If it came to strategy and tactics, General Murray would have the upper hand. However, in terms of martial prowess, very few in all of Balermo could rival Zachary.

The problem was that Zachary had openly challenged General Murray, and if he refused, it would damage his reputation and prestige.

"Zachary, if you want to challenge the General Murray, you're not qualified. Let me handle you!" A cold and clear female voice suddenly rang out.

All eyes turned toward the source of the voice, revealing a striking woman dressed in a red martial attire. She had silver short hair, and her demeanor was cold and indifferent. There was a hint of martial valor in her appearance, making her look commanding and heroic.

"Unbelievable! Did I see that right? Even Dragonmarsh's strongest female war goddess is here? What's going on today?"

The appearance of Scarlet, known as the Goddess of War, caused another uproar among the crowd. These were all prominent figures at the peak of Dragonmarsh's power. Seeing one of them was an honor, but suddenly encountering so many extraordinary individuals left them in disbelief.

"Not her again? She's here again!" Kate exclaimed, shrinking back and hiding behind Tyler.

The memory of Scarlet single-handedly killing Dylan at the Harmon family's residence was still fresh in her mind, and it had left her with a deep fear.

"Could it be that even the Scarlet Spanner was invited by Dustin?" Trent and the others were shocked. They couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding. Last time, they could pass it off as a coincidence, but now, it seemed that Scarlet's presence was closely related to Dustin.

"Scarlet?"

Tyler furrowed his brows and his expression turned serious. Among the younger generation in Dragonmarsh, there were very few who could compare to him. However, Scarlet was undoubtedly one of them. While he had worked hard for many years and had only achieved the rank of a third-grade Dark Panther Cavalry General, Scarlet had become a first-grade War Goddess, granting her the privilege to directly communicate with the imperial court.

The disparity between them was clear, and it was as vast as the difference between the heavens and the earth.

Considering his status and abilities, he was keenly aware of the gap between them. However, since Scarlet had openly challenged him, refusing would harm his reputation and dignity.

"Scarlet, you want to challenge me? Fine, I accept your challenge. Let's see what you're capable of," Tyler replied with a hint of a smile, not backing down from the confrontation with Scarlet.

"Great! I've been wanting to spar with you for a long time," Scarlet responded confidently.

As the two formidable individuals prepared to face off, the tension in the room grew palpable.
wonderful and loyal Dustin.

Dim Rhys

New Villager
Sep 20, 2023
1231 Pang of Sadness

"Splut!"

"Ugh..."

"Ah?"

"Uncle..."

"Thud!"

"Uncle?"

"He's beyond saving."

"Brayden!"

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

"Quick! Stop him!"

"Let me go!"

"You—deserve to die!"

"Ah~!"

"Wait! Please stop!"

"Crack, crack, crack..."

"What?!"

"Dead... he's dead?"

"Outrageous!"

"Daring!"

"Thud!"

"Hmph!"

"Bang!"

"Get him!"

"Attack!"

"How dare you!"

Chapter 1235 Lord Xenos

A high-ranking official!

"That's good."

"Shut up, all of you!"

"Lord Tyler?"

"Grandfather?"

Chapter 1238 The Denial

"Ha...hahaha..."

"Boom!"

"..."

"Hmm?"

"Scarlet?"

Great Translation Jungal2000! I think some sentences are missing, if I recall correctly by the Chinese version. Specifically, in chapter 1240, Adam Spanner also joins the gathering and people react too. Nonetheless, great effort. Keep it up, you are doing us all a great favor by translating this so well.

Sep 4, 2023
Chapter 1241 The Twin Stars

"Hey wait, tone down a bit will you?" a small entourage made an entrance.

Leading the group was a well-dressed man, his handsome face catching everyone's attention.

He shared some family resemblance with Scarlet and had an air of sophistication that made him stand out from the crowd.

His appearance might have seemed harmless, but the intensity in his eyes sent a shiver down people's spines.

"Adam! The legendary God of War, Adam Spanner!" The room erupted in excitement once the man's identity became clear.

"What? The War God, Adam Spanner? How is that possible?!"

"Oh my goodness! First, we had the Scarlet Warrior, and now the War God, Adam Spanner? Is the world turning upside down?"

"What on earth is happening? Who could possibly summon the Spanner siblings, the Twin Stars of the Spanner family?"

With Adam Spanner's sudden appearance, the already bustling scene became even more frenzied.

You see, the reputation of War God Adam Spanner was no less impressive than that of the Warrior Goddess Scarlet. In fact, some would argue he was even more extraordinary.

Scarlet had earned her military achievements and position through sheer brute force, carving her path through battles and challenges.

But Adam Spanner was quite the opposite. While he possessed formidable martial skills, he was known for his strategic brilliance. Since joining the military, he had never lost a battle, often prevailing against larger and stronger forces. He was a true master of strategy, a military genius.

If Scarlet was known for her astounding combat skills, Adam Spanner was renowned for his unmatched intellect.

These two siblings, one excelling in martial prowess and the other in strategy, were known as the Twin Stars of the Spanner family. In the realm of military affairs in the entire kingdom, they stood head and shoulders above the rest.

"This is bad, really bad! Now that even War God Adam Spanner is here, things have taken a turn for the worse!" Kate exclaimed, his face drenched in sweat.

Facing just one formidable opponent like Scarlet was already challenging enough, but now with the addition of War God Adam Spanner, it was a double blow.

"How could this happen? Is there no hope left for the Harmon family?" Trent and the others felt their legs go weak.

Once the Grant family succumbed to the pressure, they would undoubtedly shift all the blame onto the Harmon family's shoulders. At that point, they would become scapegoats.

"Scarlet? Adam Spanner? Why have they both come?" General Tyler's brows furrowed deeply, his expression grim.

The Spanner siblings, known as the Twin Stars of the Spanner family, were the leading talents among the kingdom's youth and the future pillars of the nation. Regardless of their social status or the power they held, they surpassed him by far.

The presence of both siblings felt like two mountains pressing heavily on his shoulders.

"Wow! It's really lively here!"

Adam Spanner's gaze swept around the area, and with everyone's attention on him, he walked over to stand beside Dustin, smiling. "Hey, Dustin, I hope we're not late."

"No, you're right on time," Dustin nodded.

"Great," Adam Spanner chuckled and then turned to salute both General Murray and Lord Xenos. "Greetings, General Murray, and Lord Xenos."

"War God, there's no need for such formalities," Lord Xenos responded promptly.

Officially, Adam Spanner held a similar rank to Lord Xenos, but his influence and future prospects far surpassed those of the governor.

"Even you two youngsters are here. I can finally take a break," General Murray said with a grin as he promptly stepped aside, seemingly ready to enjoy the spectacle.

"Zachary, weren't you itching for a fight? Let me accompany you!" Scarlet wasted no time. She unsheathed her Vortexstrike Blade and pointed it directly at Zachary, her fighting spirit burning brightly.

Facing a top-tier martial master like her was a rare opportunity, and she intended to make the most of it today.

"Um..." Zachary's expression froze, and he instinctively glanced at his comrade, Thaddeus.

Engaging in a brawl with General Murray wasn't much of a concern because the Grant family didn't fear the General's Mansion. They even had the upper hand in that situation.

However, Scarlet was different. She wasn't just the Dragonmarsh's Warrior Goddess; she also had the backing of the royal Spanner family, enjoying the trust and favor of the ruling elites.

Chapter 1242 Grant's Support Team

He was a true rising star of the nation, a prominent figure destined to wield immense power in the future.

As a mere martial artist, how could he dare provoke such a freakishly talented individual?

Even if he could win the fight, he wouldn't dare.

"Why so quiet now? Weren't you just showing off how tough you were? If you've got the guts, let's have a little duel and see what you're made of!" Scarlet taunted with a stern face.

All eyes in the vicinity were now fixed on Zachary.

Zachary was in a tight spot. Surrendering would damage his reputation, but winning would bring even more trouble, possibly drawing the attention of the high-ranking officials in the Martial Law Bureau and landing him on their blacklist.

"Madam Scarlet, I used to have a good relationship with your father. Is it appropriate for you to cause trouble at my place?" Lord Thaddeus said with a serious tone.

"Your relationship with my father has nothing to do with me," Scarlet replied without any courtesy.

"You...!" Lord Thaddeus was momentarily furious. As a Viscount, being shouted at by a younger generation like this was quite a slap in the face.

"Alright, let's calm down a bit," Adam Spanner stepped forward with a smile. "Lord Viscount, we've come here today not to cause trouble but to seek justice. You've detained some people who shouldn't be detained. If you want to avoid a conflict, it would be wise to release them. It's in everyone's best interest."

"Adam Spanner, my lordship, we've always upheld justice and never resorted to illegal methods. Besides, today is my grandson's engagement day. How could we randomly detain people?" Lord Thaddeus denied the allegations.

"Lord Viscount, if you insist on playing a game, then there's no point. You know very well what your family has done, and it's in your best interest to admit your mistake before things escalate," Adam Spanner said with a forced smile.

"Adam Spanner, son, you seem to have been deceived by someone. My family has always acted with integrity, and I believe you're mistaken," Lord Thaddeus replied solemnly.

"Lord Viscount, I've advised you politely. If you don't heed it, you'll bear the consequences," Adam Spanner's smile gradually faded. "My sister here isn't as patient as I am. If you provoke her, she can make things turn ugly. You should consider it carefully."

"If you don't believe us, you're welcome to search the place thoroughly to confirm the truth," Lord Thaddeus said with an open hand, projecting an air of calm confidence.

His composed demeanor was quite convincing.

"Lord Thaddeus, I've tried to reason with you, but if you continue to be uncooperative, don't blame us for being less than polite!" Adam Spanner's face grew cold, and his gaze became less friendly.

When the blade was already at one's throat, resisting further seemed rather foolish.

"Don't waste time talking to him. People like him won't shed a tear until they see a coffin!" Scarlet impatiently raised her delicate hand. "Men, let's take this place apart!"

"Yes!" With her command, the elite forces of the Dark Panther Cavalry immediately began to take action.

"Dang! Let's see who dares to move!" Lord Thaddeus roared, and his personal guards rushed forward, confronting the Dark Panther Cavalry. The two sides stood face to face, tense and ready for a showdown.

The atmosphere crackled with tension and the scent of gunpowder.

Just as a confrontation was about to erupt, loud and resonant cries suddenly erupted at the entrance.

"Minister of War — Mr Byron Ironsides has arrived!"

"Commander of the Imperial City Army — General Lucas Bradley is here!"

"The eldest son of Duke Marcus Drake — Young Master Alistair Drake has arrived!"

And so on...

The cries reverberated one after another, deafening and echoing through the skies, making everyone shiver in fear.

Chapter 1243 Extraordinary Aristocratic Family

Oooooh!

As one high-ranking noble after another entered, the entire scene erupted into a frenzy.

The cacophony of voices grew louder, each wave surpassing the previous one.

The Minister of War, the Commander of the Imperial City Army, the eldest son of Duke Marcus Drake, and many other influential figures from Balermo had arrived.

Taking a sweeping glance, one could see a vast and imposing group of dignitaries, all entering in a continuous stream.

Their presence was formidable, their aura overwhelming.

It wasn't an exaggeration to say that any of these individuals, plucked at random, could dominate the political landscape of the provincial capital and control it with ease!

The guests at the scene were left speechless, their jaws dropped in astonishment. These high-profile figures were rarely seen by ordinary people, yet they were now arriving in succession, one after another.

It was like a dream, almost unbelievable.

"Hahaha... Mr Ironsides, General Lucas Bradley, Young Master Alistair Drake, you've finally come!"

Upon seeing the distinguished guests arrive, Lord Thaddeus's face lit up with joy. He quickly led his people to welcome them.

The Minister of War, Byron Ironsides.

The Commander of the Imperial City Army, Lucas Bradley.

The eldest son of Duke Marcus Drake, Alistair Drake.

These were all influential figures in Balermo who directed the affairs of the country. Regardless of their social status or power, they were no less than the Spanner siblings, the Twin Stars of the Spanner family.

In particular, leading the way was Byron Ironsides, the Minister of War, who stood at the pinnacle of power in the Dragonmarsh. His authority was so great that even the royal family had to save face in front of him.

With these prominent figures coming to support, even if the sky were to fall, they could withstand it.

"Lord Viscount, it's been a while. How have you been?" Byron Ironsides smiled as he spoke.

"I've been well, well, well. My old bones can hold on for a while longer," Lord Thaddeus replied with a smile before turning to call out, "Tyler, what are you still standing there for? Come and greet Young Master Alistair Drake!"

"I pay my respects, Teacher."

Approaching, Tyler bowed deeply to Byron Ironsides, displaying great respect.

This revelation stunned everyone present.

No one had expected that Tyler's teacher would be the Minister of War, Byron Ironsides.

No wonder he held such a high position at such a young age; he had a powerful backing.

"What? Tyler and Minister Ironsides are actually teacher and student?"

Seeing this, Scarlet was initially shocked, but then he showed great excitement and enthusiasm. "This is fantastic! With such a powerful figure backing us, who would dare to cause trouble!"

Who was the Minister of War? He was a top-ranking official of the current empire, with immense power, and he had an extensive network of connections. Even the mighty Spanner siblings would not dare to be too presumptuous in front of the Minister of War.

Moreover, it wasn't just the Minister of War who came to support the Grant family; there was also the Commander of the Imperial City Army, the eldest son of a duke, and numerous other high-ranking officials and dignitaries.

With these individuals gathered together, even members of the royal family would have to yield for the time being.

"It's truly an extraordinary aristocratic family! They have such influential connections? Now we finally have hope!"

Trent and the others were overjoyed, as if they had found a savior.

Chapter 1244 Teacher and Student

When the Spanner siblings, the Twin Stars of the Spanner family, appeared, they initially thought that the Grant family's situation was dire, and they had mentally prepared themselves to be scapegoats.

However, the arrival of Byron Ironsides and the others was like a ray of light in the darkness, giving them hope for survival.

What did Lord Xenos or General Murray matter? Even with the Spanner siblings added into the mix, they couldn't truly threaten the Grant family's position in the face of the group of high-ranking officials led by the Minister of War.

"Tyler, today is your engagement day, and I don't have much to offer as a gift. This jade pendant has been with me for many years, and I'm giving it to you now. I hope you will continue to excel and reach new heights in the future," Byron Ironsides said with a smile as he handed a simple jade pendant to Tyler.

"Thank you, Teacher."

Tyler received it with great respect.

"Lord Viscount, something seems amiss here. Why does it look so tense?" Byron Ironsides quickly noticed that something was wrong.

"Mr Ironsides, today our family has encountered some trouble. Thanks to your timely arrival, otherwise, my Viscount’s mansionwould have been torn down by now," Thaddeus said with a hint of meaning.

"Oh? Who dares to be so bold and cause trouble at the Viscount’s mansion?" Byron Ironsides raised an eyebrow.

"From afar and yet near." Thaddeus glanced forward.

Byron Ironsides followed his gaze and scanned the faces of the people one by one. "The Governor of Millsburg, the Respected Veteran, the Spanner siblings... Quite a few people have come."

"Teacher, these guys are being too audacious. I hope you can ensure justice for us," Tyler said respectfully.

"Don't worry, with your teacher here, no one will dare to make trouble," Byron Ironsides said confidently, his gaze fixed on the group led by Dustin. "Today, if you're here to offer your congratulations, I will welcome you, but if you intend to cause trouble, I, Byron Ironsides, will never agree!"

"Mr Ironsides, we're not here to cause trouble. It's the Grant family that has offended someone they shouldn't have," Adam Spanner calmly said. "In consideration of our shared official positions, I advise you not to meddle in this matter unnecessarily to avoid making enemies."

"Oh? Are you trying to threaten me?" Byron Ironsides sneered. "Adam Spanner, if your father were here, I might show some restraint, but as for you two, you still have a long way to go."

While the Spanner family held considerable power, Byron Ironsides was not a pushover. He had reached his current position through a vast network of connections throughout the imperial court. Two young juniors like them didn't need to be overly cautious in his presence.

"Byron Ironsides! I don't have the patience to argue with you. If you dare to intervene on behalf of the Grant family, don't blame me for turning my back on you!" Scarlet pointed her sword at him, her eyes sharp.

"Impudent!"

At this moment, Lucas Bradley, the Commander of the Imperial City Army, suddenly stepped forward and reprimanded, "Scarlet! Do you have no respect for your elders? Regardless of the circumstances, Mr Ironsides is your senior. Your disrespectful words here are disgraceful!"

"Lucas! Who do you think you are? Do you even have the right to interfere in my affairs?" Scarlet was unapologetic.

"Scarlet! Don't get too arrogant! Even though you are a War Goddess, I may not necessarily fear you!" Lucas Bradley retorted sternly.

As the Commander of the Imperial City Army, he was only a second-ranked martial general, but he held considerable power and was highly trusted by the imperial family. Even in the face of the Dragonmarsh's War Goddess, he had the qualifications to challenge her.

"If you're not afraid, then let's have a fight following the rules of martial generals, where life and death are left to fate!" Scarlet slowly raised her sword.

"You—"

Just as Lucas Bradley was about to react, Byron Ironsides raised his hand to stop him. "Scarlet, this is not the borderlands. You can't act recklessly here. If you dare to cause trouble, I will personally report it to the imperial court!"

"Count me in..."

At this moment, Alistair Drake, the eldest son of Duke Marcus Drake, also stepped forward and calmly said, "Bullying government officials, causing a commotion at the Viscount’s mansion, such arrogance and lawlessness, my duke's mansionwill not stand idly by."

"That's right! We will not allow anyone to act lawlessly here!"

At this moment, the group of high-ranking officials and dignitaries from Balermo also spoke up in support.

In an instant, the momentum on the Grant family's side was overwhelming.

Chapter 1245 Scarlet's Recklessness

"You think you can outnumber us? I want to see how many men you all have!" Seeing the constant clamoring of the crowd, Scarlet didn't waste any time and raised her sword, appearing particularly irritable.

However, before she could swing her sword, it was blocked by Dustin's intervention. "Don't be impulsive," he said to Scarlet.

With Scarlet's temperament, she was naturally unafraid of killing. But if she did so now, the consequences would be severe. The people on the other side were all high-ranking officials and nobles from Balermo, with prominent status and reputation. If any harm came to them, Scarlet would undoubtedly face repercussions, possibly even being removed from her position.

Spanner's family was already under scrutiny from many enemies, and if someone found an opportunity to exploit, they would make a big deal out of it, just as they did with the fabricated rebellion accusations.

Dustin didn't want Scarlet to get into such a serious trouble just because of him.

"Brother Dustin, these people are just bullies. If we don't teach them a lesson, they won't understand fear," Scarlet stared fiercely at the group of people on the other side.

"I understand, let me handle this matter," Dustin said calmly.

"Is this your reinforcement? Do you think you have anybody else?" Byron Ironsides sneered when he noticed Dustin.

In his eyes, Dustin was just an unknown junior. He didn't understand why he should engage in a conversation with him.

"Byron Ironsides, I'm just seeking justice. I hope you can help us," Dustin said calmly, not showing any submission.

"Justice? Hmph! You trespassed into the Viscount’s mansion, caused a public disturbance, and threatened me for justice?" Byron Ironsides snorted, "Let me warn you, leave immediately with your people, or else you won't be able to bear the consequences!"

"Byron Ironsides, I'm running out of patience. Don't force me," Dustin's expression grew colder.

He had already shown considerable restraint, but the people in front of him seemed to be unyielding.

"Force you? So what? Who are you? Should I be scared? With just one word from me, I can destroy your family?" Byron Ironsides said sternly.

"You're pushing it!"

Dustin was about to speak, but Scarlet couldn't hold back any longer.

Suddenly, she raised her sword and thrust it towards Byron Ironsides's chest.

The strike was fast, accurate, and ruthless, with no room for mercy. She was aiming to take a life.

"Impudent!"

Lucas Bradley, who was standing beside her, shouted and swiftly drew his sword, striking heavily.

"Clang!"

When the sword and sword collided, it produced a sharp, ear-piercing metallic clash.

Lucas Bradley was pushed back several steps and almost stumbled, while his sword snapped in half.

In contrast, Scarlet's sword only shook slightly, and she quickly resolved the force, then lifted her sword to attack Byron Ironsides again.

"Ah?"

Byron Ironsides's eyelids twitched, shocked by Scarlet's recklessness.

He hadn't expected her to be so impulsive as to openly attempt murder in front of so many high-ranking officials and nobles. She completely disregarded the laws of the court and the dignity of the emperor.

She seemed like a madwoman!

At this critical moment, Zachary suddenly acted, reaching out and pushing Scarlet's sword off course.

"Ah?"

Scarlet furrowed her brows as she prepared to continue her attack.

However, a loud shout suddenly rang out at the entrance.

"Her Royal Highness, the Princess, has arrived!"

Sep 4, 2023
Great Translation Jungal2000! I think some sentences are missing, if I recall correctly by the Chinese version. Specifically, in chapter 1240, Adam Spanner also joins the gathering and people react too. Nonetheless, great effort. Keep it up, you are doing us all a great favor by translating this so well.
you better read the next chapter first

Musicapulenta

Grandmaster & Disciple of Sex Sect
Sep 4, 2023
The next 5 chapters are tricky, so I'll give it more time to study what the author is trying to imply....
I think I remember reading somewhere that Dustin’s (Logan Rhys) mother was a princess….
And a princess just showed up at the end of chapter 1245…
Hmm…
Could it be…..??????
Take your time Jungal and thanks once again 🙏🏼

Sep 4, 2023
I think I remember reading somewhere that Dustin’s (Logan Rhys) mother was a princess….
Hmm…
Could it be…..??????
This is my confusion, so I did a research, and now I understood why..... I can not spill it here, it will spoil the story but there is a twist (revelation) in like around 20 more chapters...

Dustin the OG

New Villager
Sep 19, 2023
Hmm…
Could it be…..??????
His mother is dead.. That's the point of whole story..
I think it's spanner family