An Understated Dominance Chapter 1301 to Chapter 2306 - English Version Translated by NAZMUL

Welcome to our community

Looks like you don't have an account yet? Be apart of something great, join today! Create account to get more access like posting, reacting to others helpful post and your own private message Register Or Login

English Version Translated by NAZMUL

An Understated Dominance is a Urban novel for men, telling a story of Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys had been married for three years. "An Understated Dominance" delves into themes of ambition, power and the price of success. The novel explores the complexities of relationships and so on.

Finn Taylor

New Villager
Sep 21, 2023
Chapter 1321

"Boom!"

Looking at the paper that Carlos took down heavily, the fat man could not help but be slightly stunned, with a flash of surprise in his eyes.

He didn't expect that the other party could actually answer it.

The third puzzle is much more difficult than the previous two puzzles.

You know, the word '醢' itself is a rare word, and few people know it, let alone write it.

It is even more difficult to guess this rare word based on the riddle.

When he first got this question, he thought no one could answer it and he planned to cancel it.

In the end, it was Carlos, who was clueless, who answered first, which was really surprising.

It seems that there should be an expert's guidance behind the other party.

"Shopkeeper Chen, what are you doing standing still? Tell me something nice, is this the right word?" Carlos urged.

I was full of confidence at first, but when I saw the fat white man's expression was different, I became nervous again for no reason.

"Mr. Carlos, I advise you to stop struggling. Just look at Shopkeeper Chen's face and you will know that you must be wrong again this time." Hazels teased.

"If you don't have the ability, go down early and don't embarrass yourself here!"

A group of dignitaries and dignitaries in the audience started to boo.

"Isn't it wrong again?"

Carlos frowned slightly, his face a little confused.

"Hmph! It's all nonsense, but in the end it's not wrong? If I had known better, I shouldn't have believed you!" Roselyn glared at Dustyn fiercely.

How could a guy who was inferior to himself be able to answer such a difficult riddle?

"Don't misunderstand me..."

After reacting, the fat white man quickly said: "Young Master Carlos did not answer wrongly. On the contrary, he answered very correctly. The answer to the third question is indeed the word '醢'."

"What? Correct answer?"

As soon as these words came out, the smile on Hazels face froze instantly.

The dignitaries who had just made a fuss were all looking at each other in confusion at this moment.

As for Roselyn, she swallowed the words that came to her lips.

"Shopkeeper Chen, are you not mistaken? How can these stupid heads answer this question correctly?" Hazel couldn't believe it.

Even the talented person she hired at a high price couldn't answer for a while, let alone Roselyn and Carlos?

"I saw it clearly, and there is no mistake. Mr. Carlos really got the answer right." The fat white man nodded slightly.

"Then tell me, what word did he answer?" Hazel asked.

"It's the word '醢'."

The fat white man clearly displayed the words written by Carlos in front of everyone.

After reading it, many people nodded suddenly and agreed.

"Is that the word?"

Hazel glanced at the scroll man next to her and asked.

"One to the right and one to the west, three square rooms standing to the southeast, with 'right' and 'west'. The three bungalows correspond to the pictographic character 'plate'. The answer to the character '醢' is so correct that even I didn't expect it. "The scroll man commented.

"It shouldn't be..."

Hazel frowned: "Roselyn, that woman, has a good eye but a weak hand. She has no ability. How can she solve such a difficult puzzle? Could it be that there is someone else helping her?"

As she spoke, her eyes swept over them one by one, and finally settled on Dustyn.

Because compared to the surprise and astonishment of the people around him, the other party acted very calmly, as if he had expected it.

"Hahaha... That's right, that's right, I finally got it right!" Carlos was excited.

His mistakes in the first two questions made him lose face and made him a laughing stock.

With this third question, I finally regained some face.

"Mr. Dustyn Rhus, I didn't expect you to be able to guess lantern riddles, that's awesome!" Dr. Elijah gave a thumbs up.

This kid is really capable of both literary and military skills and is versatile.

"Read a lot of books, and if you know everything, it's nothing." Dustyn smiled faintly.

"Brother Rhys, please stop being modest. It was thanks to you just now. Otherwise, we would have lost again." Carlos returned to his seat with a smile.

"Hmph! What's so great? It's just good luck!" Roselyn smacked her lips, very dissatisfied.

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1315

"Hey! Why do you say my answer is wrong? How could I guess wrong on such a simple lantern riddle?" Roselyn couldn't help but burst into laughter.

She was very dissatisfied. As a talented woman, she had her own pride

It's impossible to stump her with just lantern riddles.

"Miss, please don't get excited. The answer to the crossword puzzle has been fixed for a long time. The word you provided is indeed wrong." The fat white man tried to explain.

"Okay! If you say my answer is wrong, then announce the correct answer immediately. I want to see if there is any answer that is better than mine!" Roselyn was aggressive.

"Miss, other guests haven't guessed yet. It's against the rules to announce the answer now. If no one can guess this question, I will announce the result afterwards. I hope you can calm down." The fat white man said neither humble nor overbearing. road.

"Roselyn, Roselyn, if you are wrong, you are wrong. You are such a talented woman, you can't afford to lose, right?"

At this time, a strange voice came from the side.

The person who spoke was none other than Hazel Lancester, who was holding the wine glass.

"Who said I can't afford to lose? My answer is absolutely right!" Roselyn stared.

"Haha...you are still as conceited as ever."

Hazel picked up the wine glass and took a sip, and said with a faint smile: "Do you know why I hate you? Because you obviously have no ability, but you still claim to be noble and arrogant like a peacock. Just like now, you are obviously wrong, but you still can't die. Admit it, it’s disgusting.”

"You fart! Why do you say I'm wrong? Do you think you are better than me?" Roselyn shouted.

"Why? I already have the correct answer."

Hazel stood up gracefully, glanced at the fat man, and said with a smile: "Shopkeeper Chen, the answer I gave is the word '杳'."

"Huh! It's so wrong!"

Roselyn crossed her arms and sneered: "The word '杳' in your mouth is completely inconsistent with the riddle. If these are called correct answers, I will write my name upside down!"

"Yeah?"

Hazel smiled jokingly: "Shopkeeper Chen, please announce the results. Is my word '杳' correct?"

"Congratulations, Miss Hazel, the answer is correct." The fat man nodded slightly.

"What?!"

As soon as these words came out, Roselyn froze as if she had received an electric shock.

She didn't expect that the word she scoffed at was actually the correct answer?

How can it be? !

"Roselyn, how are you? Are you surprised? Very unexpected?"

Hazel raised the corner of her mouth and teased: "According to your temper, do you want to say that there is a shady story? Is the Emperor Tower deliberately favoring me?"

"That's right! I don't accept it!"

Roselyn shouted unwillingly: "Why is it the word '杳'? Why is it not the word '枂'? You must give me a reasonable explanation today!"

"Okay, I will make you convinced that you have lost today

Hazel snapped her fingers and signaled the young man beside her to stand up.

The man was soft and frail, full of bookish aura, but what he said was very loud and clear: "The bright moon is hidden under the tall tree. This lantern riddle is not difficult. The key is the word 'hidden'. 'Ming Yue' refers to the moon. The moon is hidden." When the word "日" is gone, only the word "日" is left, and Gaoshu refers to the top of the tree, so if we take the word "木" and add the word "木" to the word "日", wouldn't it mean the word "杳" ?This is the solution to the mystery.”

After saying that, the book man Shi Shiran sat down.

"Okay! Good solution!"

"What Mr. Sir said really enlightened me. It turns out that this is the correct answer."

After hearing the explanation of the riddle, many people applauded and expressed their admiration.

Some things seem very simple, but if you can't find the key to deciphering them, it's like being in a fog and never seeing the light of day.

"It turns out it's really '杳', so didn't I just miss a good opportunity?"

Chapter 1303

"You rogue! You're going too far!"

Roselyn was furious and wronged, tears streaming down her face.

With her exquisite beauty and exceptional talents, she had been cherished and adored wherever she went, and whatever happened, others would always give way to her.

But this Dustin Rhys was different, completely lacking the demeanor of a gentleman, not only disrespecting her but even insulting her, causing her to lose face in public.

Utterly despicable!

"Alright, alright, junior sister, say no more."

Seeing the situation turning unfavorable, Carlos started to mediate: "We are all fellow disciples, we will see each other often in the future, there's no need to ruin the harmony."

"Pah! Who is his fellow disciple? If the Peaceful Medical Clinic has him, it won't have me, and if it has me, it won't have him!" Roselyn directly laid down harsh words.

"Enough!"

Elijah finally couldn’t bear it any longer and sternly said: "Roselyn! You are too willful, the prescription for the Jade Dew Ointment belongs to Dustin Rhys, how he handles it is his business, you have no right to dictate!"

"Grandpa? I am your granddaughter, how can you speak for him?" Roselyn found it somewhat unbelievable.

Grandpa usually dotes on her, why would he help a stranger today?

"Dustin Rhys has saved our Peaceful Medical Clinic twice, you not being grateful is one thing, but causing a ruckus here is utterly unreasonable!"

Elijah, with a stern face, scolded: "If you continue to be presumptuous, don’t blame me for confining you, preventing you from leaving the house for a month!"

"I..."

Roselyn opened her mouth, but eventually held back.

She knew that her grandpa's words were always final, and what he said, he would definitely enforce.

Although she felt wronged, continuing this way would surely lead to no good outcome.

In the end, she could only project all her anger and hatred onto Dustin Rhys through her eyes.

One day, she would make him pay!

"Brother Dustin, this girl is too unruly, I’ll have her apologize to you." Elijah apologized with a bow.

"Forget it, it was just a joke." Dustin Rhys gave a light smile, not wanting to make a fuss.

Although Roselyn was willful, Elijah was quite reasonable.

Considering that he would still have to stay at the Peaceful Medical Clinic for a while, he didn't want to create any unnecessary trouble.

"Brother Dustin, shall we talk about the prescription?"

Carlos, somewhat impatient, said, "I am sincere in wanting to collaborate with you. As long as you are willing to provide the prescription, we can research together, make money together, and benefit the people together. Why not?

Of course, if you feel my sincerity is insufficient, feel free to name your price, whatever you need, I will try my best to satisfy."

Hearing this, Dustin Rhys was about to refuse, but then it seemed like he thought of something, and suddenly changed his tune, saying, "Since Carlos is so sincere, I'll be straightforward. If you can get me three medicinal herbs, I can give you the prescription for the Jade Dew Ointment."

"Really?"

Carlos’s eyes lit up, and he immediately became excited: "Brother Dustin, not to mention three medicinal herbs, even thirty or three hundred would be no problem at all. Just say it, what do you want?"

"I need Ice Heart Lotus, Dragon Blood Ginseng, and Golden Marrow Jade," Dustin Rhys listed the names of the medicinal herbs in turn.

These were all main ingredients for refining the Marrow Cleansing Pill and were also key to treating Sebastian.

Exchanging an incomplete prescription for three top-grade medicinal herbs would be a good deal.

"Ice Heart Lotus? Dragon Blood Ginseng? Golden Marrow Jade?"

Hearing this, Carlos immediately frowned: "If I'm not mistaken, these three herbs are all rare treasures, right? They are not available in the market, may I ask what Brother Dustin needs these for?"

"I have my uses for them; it depends on whether Carlos agrees or not?" Dustin Rhys said indifferently.

"These three herbs are exceedingly rare and worth a fortune; they are hard to find. Give me some time; I should be able to gather them," Carlos said thoughtfully.

"Alright, then I will await your good news. As soon as the three herbs are gathered, I will immediately hand over the recipe for the Jade Dew Ointment," Dustin Rhys said with a slight smile.

Chapter 1304

"Agreed! We have a deal!" Carlos said, his spirits lifted.

The Grantwood family is a medical lineage, not as profound and powerful as the Stratford family, but still a notable presence in the southern city. With a bit of effort, acquiring three top-grade medicinal herbs shouldn't be difficult.

"The day is getting late; how about we all have a meal together? It would be a good opportunity to welcome Brother Dustin," Elijah suddenly suggested.

"No problem! Today, I'll play host and invite Brother Dustin to dine at the Emperor's Tower!" Carlos declared generously.

"Emperor's Tower?"

Upon hearing this, everyone from the Peaceful Medical Clinic ( the name in Jungal2000 is different , I'm just too lazy to change it ) couldn’t help but brighten up, becoming excited.

The Emperor's Tower is the most famous restaurant in the southern city, usually serving distinguished officials and nobility; ordinary people simply don’t qualify to enter.

To dine there, one not only needed money but also status; the threshold was extremely high.

Most importantly, the Emperor's Tower had a widely known story attached to it, attracting many nobles and officials.

Rumors say that the Emperor had dined there and found the meal to be delicious, even penning a poem in praise. Since then, the original Fulai Tower was renamed the Emperor's Tower.

That poem became the trademark of the Emperor’s Tower, passed down from mouth to mouth.

For ordinary people, having the chance to dine at the Emperor’s Tower was definitely something to boast about for a year.

As nightfall approached, several business cars slowly stopped in front of the Emperor's Tower.

With the car doors opening, Carlos led a group of people, walking in with heads held high.

Everywhere they passed, there was a chorus of greetings. Everyone who saw Carlos had to call him Young Master.

The grandeur of being the center of attention made Roselyn and the younger ones admire Carlos even more.

"No wonder it’s the Emperor’s Tower, it’s indeed luxurious!"

"I never thought I would have the chance to dine at the Emperor’s Tower in my lifetime, this is amazing!"

"Thanks to our senior brother’s generosity, otherwise, we wouldn’t have this opportunity!"

Upon entering, the apprentices of the Peaceful Medical Clinic looked around, talking excitedly, much like country bumpkins entering a grand garden.

"Countryside bumpkin, how is it? Are you stunned?"

Roselyn deliberately approached Dustin Rhys, putting on a condescending expression: "Someone like you, a loser, probably has never seen such a high-end restaurant, right? Take some time to look around, take some pictures, so you can brag about it later. After all, an opportunity like this, you won’t get a second time, cherish it, country boy."

Hearing this, Dustin Rhys just chuckled, not bothering to respond.

This woman, daring to show off her superiority in front of him, he really didn’t know where she got the courage from.

"Hey! What are you laughing at?"

Roselyn was somewhat dissatisfied: "Just by looking at you, I can tell you’re inexperienced. The Emperor’s Tower is the best restaurant in the southern city, a place visited by the Emperor, only nobility can enter. If not for the grace of our senior brother, you would never step through these doors in your lifetime!"

"Whether the Emperor’s Tower is the best in the southern city, I’m not sure."

Dustin Rhys shook his head, speaking indifferently: "All I remember is, ten years ago, when I dined here with the Emperor, this place was not called the Emperor’s Tower, but Fulai Tower."
👍
Chapter 1313

"Guess lantern riddles?"

Hearing this, everyone was stunned.

Immediately they looked at each other, a little confused.

In the past, the competition was all about poetry, poetry, calligraphy, and painting. Why did they end up by guessing lantern riddles today?

You know, in order to win the first place.

Many dignitaries spent a lot of money to invite some poetry experts or literary talents to help out.

Nowadays, it is no longer compared to poetry, nor calligraphy and painting, but inexplicably compared to guessing lantern riddles.

Then wouldn't all their previous arrangements be in vain?

"Shopkeeper Chen, isn't Dou Yidou's poetry good? If you suddenly do this, aren't you deliberately making things difficult for us?" Someone expressed dissatisfaction.

"You distinguished guests has misunderstood. The questions set by our boss are all randomly selected. There is no deliberate attempt to make things difficult. Please forgive me." The fat white man nodded slightly.

"Okay, okay, stop talking nonsense, just guess lantern riddles. What's so big about it?"

"That's right. People like us who are well-read in poetry and books, why should we be afraid of mere lantern riddles?"

"Now, it's finally time to test your literary skills. Whether it's a mule or a horse, pull them all out for a ride!"

Everyone was talking and urging.

"Junior sister, you are good at poetry. Are you confident about guessing lantern riddles?"

In the private seat, Carlos couldn't help but ask.

"Don't worry, senior brother, I know all the words,even poems and songs can't be difficult for me, let alone a small lantern riddle?" Roselyn was full of confidence.

In her opinion, guessing lantern riddles and other unfashionable things are only played by ordinary people...

A classy person like her wouldn't give a **** because there's no challenge at all.

As long as she takes action, it will definitely be a dimensionality reduction blow.

"That's good, that's good..."

Carlos breathed a sigh of relief and then said: "If junior sister can win this beauty picture, can she sell it to senior brother? I am willing to spend a lot of money to buy it!"

"Senior brother, I'm seeing someone else. As long as you like it, why not give it to you?" Roselyn was very generous.

He looked confident, as if he had already secured victory.

"Thank you, junior sister!"

Carlos face lit up, and his heart beat faster.

This beauty picture is simply a priceless treasure. If used well, it can even make the Liu family reach the sky in one step!

"Since you all have no objections, let's start now."

After the surroundings became a little quiet, the fat white man waved and ordered someone to bring a sealed box.

There was a hole in the top of the box, just big enough to put a hand in.

The fat white man lifted up his sleeves, put his hand into the hole, and after a brief exploration, he took out a card..

He opened it and took a look, then said loudly: "The riddle of the first question is: the bright moon hides the tall trees, guess a word."

"The bright moon hides behind the tall trees?"

Hearing this, everyone quickly showed thoughtful expressions.

They are really not very good at guessing lantern riddles.

Many people have only a little knowledge and are just betting on luck and guessing.

"Junior sister, how should I explain the bright moon hidden in the tall tree?" Carlos was a little curious.

"this......"

Roselyn was speechless for a moment and didn't know how to answer, so she could only say: "Brother, let me think about it first."

"Okay, think about it slowly, don't be in a hurry."

Carlos didn't dare to push anymore, for fear of interrupting Roselyns train of thought.

"The bright moon hides the tall trees. Guess a word. It's not difficult to understand the meaning from the surface. This word should be related to the moon and trees."

Roselyn tapped the table with her fingers and murmured to herself.

After a while, she seemed to have thought of something, and her eyes suddenly lit up: "Brother! I know what the word is!"

"Oh? What is it?" Carlos suddenly became energetic.

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1311

"Distinguished guests, everyone, good evening."

After the cultural evening party started, a fair and plump middle-aged man walked up to the stage with a smile, and then bowed to the guests from all over the stage to show respect.
The etiquette is very considerate and there is no neglect.

"My surname is Chen, and I am the shopkeeper here. Thank you all for coming to the Emporers Tower."

The fat man smiled and said: "Tonight is another cultural exchange meeting held every three months. Our big boss has specially selected a good treasure from the treasure table as a bonus tonight to give everyone a boost. Interested. Of course, our aim is to make friends through literature, not to win or lose, but to talk about romance."

"Shopkeeper Chen, what exactly is the treasure prepared by your boss? Let us open our eyes?" A man suddenly said loudly.

"Yes! We came here specifically for this, please don't let us down." Many people started cheering.

"Everyone, please be patient. I will immediately order someone to bring the treasure up so that you can have a look."

The fat white man bowed slightly and immediately gestured to the two people next to him.

The two people quickly understood, and after a while, they brought out a rectangular wooden box.

The wooden box is half a meter wide and one and a half meters long, and the entire body is made of golden nanmu.

Just such a box is worth a lot of money, not to mention the treasures inside?

"Click!"

Under the attention of everyone, the fat white man slowly opened the wooden box.

A framed painting is revealed inside.

The content of the painting is a woman in palace clothes, sitting in a pavilion, admiring the snowy scenery outside.

The woman has a slim figure and a refined temperament, even though only half of her face is exposed.

But it is still breathtakingly beautiful and captivating.

Especially those eyes, which are smart and enchanting, as if they can enchant the soul.

The beautiful woman with excellent appearance, combined with the snowy scene as white as jade, the two complement each other and bring out the best in each other, ultimately creating a magnificent picture.

"What a nice view!"

After seeing the painting, the scene suddenly became quiet.

Regardless of whether they were men or women, everyone was shocked by this painting.

At first glance, it is not only beautiful, but also has an indescribable artistic conception.

The more I look at it, the more charming I feel, and the more I look at it, the more heartwarming I feel.

"I didn't expect there to be such stunning beauty in the world?"

Carlos was stunned, his eyes seemed to be shining.

Although he was not a person who was obsessed with sex, he still couldn't take his eyes away when he saw such a beautiful beauty.

That appearance, that temperament, and the charm displayed in every frown and smile are really fascinating.

"If I could marry such a woman, I would live ten years shorter!" Elmer Greene kept swallowing.

The other Heal well disciples were also fascinated.

No one thought that a painting could have such magic power.

"Huh! There can't be such a perfect woman in the world. The artist must have made it up!" Roselyn looked jealous.

Although she was very confident in her appearance, compared with the woman in the painting, she couldn't help but feel a little ashamed of herself.

So she was sure that the person in the painting must be fake.

"Shopkeeper Chen, what is the origin of this painting? Who is the beauty in the painting?"

At this time, a man suddenly asked.

"To be honest, this painting is the work of Master Daoxuan, and it's called: Picture of Beauty!" the fat white man introduced.

"What? This is actually a painting by Master Daoxuan?"

"Master Daoxuan? Is he that great literary figure who is both a master of poetry and painting?"

"That's right! Master Daoxuan is known as the contemporary saint of poetry and painting. Every one of his paintings is worth millions of dollars
👍👍

Finn Taylor

New Villager
Sep 21, 2023
Chapter 1322

In her opinion, Dustyn was lucky enough to guess the answer.

Or maybe the other person has seen related puzzles before, so he answered them quickly.

"Brother Rhys, the rest of the puzzle depends entirely on you. Once it's done, I'll be very grateful!" Carlos hugged Dustyn and hugged his fists.

"For the sake of Divine Doctor Elijah, I will do my best." Dustyn yawned.

If he had to keep Heal Well Hall, he would be too lazy to meddle in other matters.

"Roselyn, I can't tell that there is a wise person hidden among you."

Hazels voice came again: "But don't be too happy. We are still in the lead now. The next seven puzzles are the key to victory."

"Hmph! Just let the horse come over!" Roselyn held her head high, not afraid at all.

"Shopkeeper Chen, please give me a question!" Hazel urged.

The fat white man nodded, then took out the fourth card from the box and read: "Please listen to the fourth question: Leave Ban Yue and guess a word."

As soon as he finished speaking, Dustyn faintly uttered one word: "Brain."

"Congratulations to this guest, your answer is correct." The fat white man announced the result directly.

"Um?"

The puzzle had just come out, and they hadn't even had time to think about it yet, and now someone gave the answer?

What kind of joke are you kidding?

Is it that fast?

"Wait a minute! Why is the word 'brain' the answer to the puzzle? Can you explain it more clearly?" Someone raised a question.

"Leave Ban Yue, take the upper part of the word 'Li' and spell it with the word 'Moon', so naturally it becomes the word 'Brain'." Dustyn gave a concise explanation.

"So that's it. It sounds quite simple. No wonder the answer is so fast." Everyone suddenly realized.

"Shopkeeper Chen, keep asking questions!" Hazel was a little dissatisfied.

"Please listen to the fifth question: two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Nine, guess an idiom." The fat white man said.

"Lack of food and clothing." Dustyn blurted out.

"Congratulations to this guest, the answer is correct." The fat white man nodded

Everyone's expressions froze and they were speechless.

So damn fast.

They couldn't react at all.

"Please listen to the sixth question: There is a bamboo forest on the soil, and there is gold under the soil. Guess a word."

"The word 'wait'."

"Please listen to the seventh question: The blind man touches the elephant, candied coptis, what do they mean?"

"A blind man touches an elephant and does not understand the general situation; candied Coptis chinensis can share joys and sorrows."

"Please listen to the eighth question: Zi Chou. Guess the four-character common expression."

"The rat, the ugly, and the ox are the first and second animals in the Chinese zodiac, so they should be born in the first and second zodiac signs."

"Question 9: The phoenix flute sounds, the jade pot turns light, and fish and dragons dance all night long!"

"Lantern Festival Lantern Festival."

The two of them were asking and answering questions, and the speed was getting faster and faster.

No matter what question the fat white man asked, Dustyn just blurted it out without thinking about it.

And every question was answered correctly.

The surrounding guests had no chance to speak.

Even the talented man from the south of the Yangtze River whom Yin Tao hired at a high price was dumbfounded at this moment, with a look of shock on his face.

Is this lantern riddles?

Is this based on the answer?

Too many are outrageous!

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1320

"Brother! What do you mean by this?"

Hearing this, Roselyn immediately became dissatisfied: "Who is he? Can he be compared with me? Would you rather believe an outsider than me?"

"Shut up, you!"

Carlos turned around and yelled: "I believed you twice before, and you were wrong both times. How can you expect me to believe you?"

"I......"

Roaelyn choked and her pretty face turned red.

The senior brother in her memory had always been like the big brother next door, and he had never been so cruel to her.

what is it today?

"Roselyn, this is not a child's play. You and Hazel have already made a bet. Once you lose, you will lose the entire Heal Well Hall!"

Carlos restrained his sharpness and advised earnestly: "Besides, you are good at music, chess, calligraphy, painting, poetry and poetry. You have not dabbled in lantern riddles. As the saying goes, there are specialties in the arts, so you should give it a try, Brother Dustyn."

Regardless of whether it is Heal Well Hall or Beauty Picture, he is determined to win, so naturally he cannot allow others to act recklessly.

"Okay, I'll give him a chance to show off, but if he answers wrongly, replace me immediately, so maybe there's still a chance." Roselyn puffed her lips, and finally compromised.

"no problem."

Carlos breathed a sigh of relief and looked at Dustyn again: "Brother Rhys, tell me your answer? What is the word?"

"One to the right and one to the west, three rooms square to the southeast. If I guessed correctly, it should be the character '醢' [hai]." Dustyn said calmly.

"Hai? Which hai?" Carlos looked confused.

"It's the word '醢'."

Dustyn ordered some tea with his finger, and then wrote it out one stroke at a time on the table.

"mince?"

Looking at the unfamiliar words, everyone couldn't help but look at each other.

This is the first time they have seen this word since they have grown up. It is too unfamiliar.

"In the word '醢', there is right and west, which corresponds to the first sentence. As for the second sentence, the three bungalows stand to the south. Look at the word 'plate'. Does it look like three separated rooms? ?" Dustyn explained one by one.

"It looks like! It's so similar!"

Carlos took a closer look and couldn't help but look overjoyed: "Brother Rhys, your word '醢' is absolutely amazing! It really enlightens me!"

Roselyns previous use of the word "sa" was not convincing at all.

Now that he saw the word "醢", he suddenly realized that this was the correct answer.

"Brother, don't be too happy yet. Who knows if this is the correct answer? What if it's wrong?" Roselyn poured a basin of cold water down.

"I admit I'm wrong!"

Carlis suddenly stood up and said loudly: "Shopkeeper Chen, I already have the answer to the third question!"

"Mr. Carlos, are you too impatient? You've already gotten two questions wrong in a row. If you get the third question wrong, you won't be able to see anyone." Hazel said suddenly.

"Someone really doesn't look back until he hits the wall!"

"Forget it if you don't have the ability, but you still like to be in the limelight. It's really not a shame!"

"Hmph! Just a few clowns trying to flatter themselves."

At this moment, many dignitaries began to ridicule.

If you make a mistake once or twice, you will suffer a lot and it is time to stop.

The person in front of me is a good person. He is the first to answer every time. The key is that he answers wrong every time.

Isn't this self-defeating?

"Mr. Carlos, this answer is a bit difficult, why don't you think about it again?" The fat white man gave a kind reminder.

"No need to think about it, I'm very confident this time." Carlos said loudly.

"Oh? May I ask Mr. Carlos, what is the answer to the riddle?" the fat white man asked.

"It's the word '醢'!"

Carlos didn't waste any time. He wrote down a big word "醢" with pen and paper, and then slapped it heavily in front of the fat man: "Shopkeeper Chen, look carefully. Is this word correct?"
👍👍

Finn Taylor

New Villager
Sep 21, 2023
Chapter 1323

At this moment, everyone was shocked by Dustyns answer.

Come on, come on, it's so fast, so fast that people can't react at all.

Each and every one of them had their brains shut down and completely lost the idea of competition.

What was supposed to be a situation where a hundred schools of thought should be contending has completely become a show for Dustyn alone.

Even the fat white man who asked the question was sweating profusely by the end of the question.

These puzzles are randomly selected and are of various kinds. Even if you study hard, you will not be able to answer them so quickly and accurately.

If it weren't for the extremely high confidentiality of the Imperial Building, he would have doubted whether Dustyn had seen the correct answers and memorized them all.

"The...last question."

The fat man swallowed his saliva and read out the riddle according to the card: "Red, yellow, blue and white can transform, like a phoenix or a dragon, they are incarnations. They travel thousands of miles without stopping, and a breeze blows them away..."

"Cloud." Dustyn blurted out again.

"All...the answers are correct!" The fat white man spat out a few words with difficulty.

He was really convinced, he had never seen such a perverted guy.

"Damn it! Did you get all the answers right? Is this guy cheating?"

"Why are you so fierce? It will make me look stupid!"

"Damn it! I have reason to suspect that this guy was hired by the Emperor Tower!"

After a brief silence, the entire scene exploded.

Although he was just guessing lantern riddles, Dustyns performance was really outstanding.

Completely overshadowing everyone.

Those who came prepared were completely turned into a joke.

They all say that participation is important, but the problem is that they don’t even have a sense of participation.

"Oh my god! Answering seven questions in a row, isn't this guy Dustyn too cruel?"

"No! You said it wrong. He got all ten questions right!"

The disciples of Heal Well Wall looked sideways, and each of them looked at Dustyn as if they were looking at a monster

"How, how is it possible? How can he answer them all correctly?!"

Roselyns eyes widened with disbelief on her face.

If Dustyn answered two or three questions correctly, it could be regarded as good luck.

Now, no matter how dissatisfied she was, she had to admit that the other party was indeed far better than her.

"Okay...good answer!"

Carlos couldn't help laughing.

He wasn't sure before, but Dustyns performance gave him a big surprise.

"This boy is indeed an all-rounder."

Dr. Elijah stroked his beard and smiled, his eyes sparkling.

Young people with such extraordinary talents are so rare.

Not only did he have the idea of passing on the mantle, he even wanted to marry his granddaughter to him.

"I didn't expect that such a dark horse would appear halfway. What a mistake!"

Hazel stared at Lu Chen with sharp eyes, as if she wanted to see something.

The clothes are ordinary, but the bearing is extraordinary.

His expression was indifferent and his sharpness was reserved. Even when he won a great victory, he did not have any mood swings.

It's obvious that this is a man with deep roots.

He is also a master of concealment.

"Shopkeeper Chen, are there any more puzzles?" Dustyn asked calmly.

"there is none left......"

The fat man smiled reluctantly: "Sir, you are so knowledgeable. I really admire you. I wonder what your name is?"

Finn Taylor

New Villager
Sep 21, 2023
Chapter 1324

"land."

"Mr. Dustyn, congratulations on winning the jackpot."

The fat white man held the box containing the beauty picture in both hands, then walked respectfully to Dustyn and said with a smile: "On behalf of the Emperors Tower, I present this priceless beauty picture to you sir."

"Let me inspect the goods first."

Carlos was the first to take the box, opened it, and couldn't help but his eyes shone: "It is indeed a good treasure!"

After confirming that it was correct, Carlos couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

After all, Dustyn won this treasure back. If he just pocketed it without saying a few words, he would inevitably be criticized.

The best way is to let Dustyn take the initiative to give up. He will go with the flow and gain both treasure and reputation.

Perfect!

"Brother Rhys, although I have favored this beauty for a long time and admired it endlessly, after all, you won it back with your own ability, and I can't take it away from you."

Carlos said, pretending to be reluctant to part with love, handed the box over, stretched it halfway, and suddenly stopped: "Of course, if you really don't like it, I can keep it for you. When the time comes... ..."

"Oh, thanks."

Before he could finish speaking, Dustyn took it calmly and then said nothing more.

Carlos was stunned.

This is so unconventional!

Normally, shouldn't we just decline and be polite?

Why did you accept it directly?

Am I not being obvious enough?

"Hey! Rhys! What do you mean? Do you want to keep this beauty picture for yourself?"
Seeing this scene, Roselyn immediately became dissatisfied.

"Swallow it all?"

Dustyn raised his eyebrows slightly, turned his head and asked, "Shopkeeper Chen, the rules of today's event are that whoever answers the most questions correctly will get this beauty picture, right?"

"That's right." The fat white man nodded.

"Since I answered the most questions, should the beauty picture belong to me?" Dustyn asked again.

"Exactly." The fat white man nodded again.
"That's strange. It's something that belongs to me. How can I say it's my own?"

At the end of the sentence, Dustyns eyes had glanced at Roselyn, with a hint of questioning.

Although he is not very interested in pictures of beautiful women, it does not mean that he should give them away for free.

Especially someone who was begging for help made him even more disgusted.

"Although you won the beauty picture, don't we get the credit?"

Roselyn said righteously: "Putting all this aside, if senior brother hadn't brought you into the Emperor's Tower, would you have had a chance to get this treasure? Shouldn't you express your gratitude?"

"That's right! A person knows how to repay kindness. If it weren't for Senior Brother, you wouldn't even be qualified to answer the question, so this beauty picture should be donated to Senior Brother!" Elmer agreed.

"What do you mean, as long as I enter the Imperial Tower, I have to sell my life to your senior brothers?"

Dustyn lips showed a touch of sarcasm: "Miss Roselyn, please understand one thing. If I hadn't taken action, you would still not be able to get the beauty picture, and you would even lose the entire Heal Well Hall because of your impulsive willfulness!"

"Nonsense!"

Roselyn looked dissatisfied: "You think we can't win without you? It's a joke! I was just warming up just now. Even if you don't speak, I can still win!"

"Haha, you got three questions wrong in a row. Will anyone believe this?" Dustyn sneered.

"I...I just made a mistake." Roselyn said bravely.

However, his voice was unconsciously much softer, and he was obviously a little weak.

"Roselyn, are you too shameless?"

At this time, Hazel twisted her slender waist, walked over, and said in a strange tone: "This handsome guy just helped you, allowing your Heal Well Hall to escape the disaster. It's okay if you are not grateful, but you still want to fight." Beauty, please tell me, where is your face? Was it eaten by a dog?"

Those words made Roselyn face turn red and she looked like she had eaten shit.

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1312

After learning the origin of the work, the entire scene was in an uproar.

The people who appear here tonight are more or less fond of elegance.

Legendary figures like Master Daoxuan are even more popular.

Poetry and painting are two completely different categories.

It is not easy to learn one of them.

People who know both are undoubtedly rare.

As for a person like Master Daoxuan who has reached the pinnacle of poetry and painting, it is simply unheard of.

The key point is that Master Daoxuan is a maverick. He regards money as dirt and never writes poems or paintings easily.

Therefore, whenever a work by Master Daoxuan is released, it will be auctioned for a large amount of money and regarded as a treasure.

Many arty and elegant dignitaries are proud to have an authentic work of Master Daoxuan.

Now that I have seen it with my own eyes, I am naturally fascinated

"I believe you all know how rare Master Daoxuan's authentic works are. If our boss hadn't had a close relationship with Master Daoxuan, I might not have been able to obtain this beautiful painting." The fat white man said with a smile

"As expected of Master Daoxuan's work, this beautiful painting is so vivid that it looks like a goddess descending to earth. It's absolutely stunning!"

"It is such a blessing to be able to witness the authentic work of Master Daoxuan!"

"Wait a minute...I heard that Master Daoxuan's paintings focus on reality. Isn't the beauty in this painting a fabrication?"

Everyone was chatting and suddenly realized the problem.

"This distinguished guest is right. The beauty in the painting is not a fabrication, but a real existence."

Fatty Man paused for a moment, and after everyone's curiosity was aroused, he said loudly: "To be honest with you, the original person in this beauty picture is the most beautiful woman in the Dragonmarsh Kingdom, the top one on the rouge list—— Li Qingcheng!"

"What? Li Qingcheng?!"

As soon as these words came out, the whole place instantly became a sensation.

Everyone looked surprised and excited.

Li Qingcheng has become famous in recent years.

However, this woman is extremely mysterious.

No one knows what she looks like, no one knows what her background is

Everyone only knows that a few years ago, the name Li Qingcheng came out of nowhere, defeating all the stunning beauties on the rouge list and topping the list.

From then on, she was known as the most beautiful woman in the Dragonmarsh Kingdom!

Although he has dominated the list for several consecutive years, Li Qingcheng has never appeared in public.

So far, no one knows what she looks like?

However, the more this happens, the more curious it becomes.

So after hearing that the person in the painting was Li Qingcheng, all the guests present looked surprised.

Although the beauty in the painting only has half of her face, she still cannot be compared to her peerless beauty.

At the top of the rouge list, the most beautiful woman in the Dragonmarsh Kingdom truly deserves her reputation!

"Master Daoxuan's paintings, coupled with Li Qingcheng's flourishing style, does tonight's treasure meet your expectations?" The fat white man said with a smile.

"Hahaha... Okay! It's really a good baby! I'm going to order this beauty picture tonight!"

"Fart! The beauty picture is mine, no one can take it away!"

"Hmph! What's the use of just talking? Whether you can get the picture of the beauty will depend on your ability later!"

After a lot of pushing and pushing, the atmosphere in the entire Imperial Building has reached its peak.

Everyone is gearing up and ready to show off their talents.

"Since everyone is in high spirits, I won't hold back any more."

Clearing his throat, the fat white man continued: "Today's question from our boss is not poetry, but our traditional Lantern Festival activity, guessing lantern riddles

Chapter 1314

"It's the word '悂'!"

Roselyn said confidently: "The bright moon represents 'moon', and the tall trees represent 'wood'. When the two are combined, they just form the word '悂'!"

"'枂'? Are you sure?" Carlos asked tentatively.

"Of course! How can such a simple lantern riddle be hidden from me? I can easily solve it with just a little use of my brain." Roselyn was full of confidence.

"Junior sister Roselyn is indeed amazing. She solved the mystery so quickly. She is indeed a recognized talent!" Elmer Greene complimented her.

"That's right! With Junior Sister here, we can not only win the beauty picture, but also earn 100 million!" The disciples of Heal Well Hall were very excited.

"Hmph...it's just a lantern riddle. It's really no challenge at all and it doesn't fully utilize my talents." Roselyn looked proud.

Hearing this, Dustin just shook his head and chuckled.

This woman was so overconfident that she jumped to random conclusions without examining the topic clearly. She was really convinced.

"Hey! Why are you laughing? Am I right?"

Roselyn glanced out of the corner of her eye and saw Dustin secretly laughing, her pretty face immediately turned cold and she was very dissatisfied.

"Of course not."

Dustin said calmly: "The bright moon hides behind the tall trees. The key point is the word 'hidden'. How can the word you pieced together at random be the correct answer?"

"Bah! Who do you think you are? You dare to teach me a lesson?"

Roselyn glared and shouted: "I know everything from poetry, poetry, music, chess, calligraphy and painting. Why do you have to point fingers in front of me?!"

"That's right! Junior Sister Roselyn is recognized as a talented woman. She has been writing and writing since she was a child. How can you, a mountain villager like you, have the courage to show off in front of Junior Sister Roselyn?" Elmer Greene sneered.

"I'm just reminding you, it's up to you to believe it or not." Dustyn shrugged.

Anyway, it's not him who is embarrassed.

"Brother Dustyn, listening to your tone, do you already have the answer?" Carlos asked smoothly.

"If I guess correctly, the answer should be the character '杳'." Dustyn replied.

"'杳' character?"

Carlos touched his chin, and before he could ask further questions, Roselyn snorted coldly: "The word '杳' is nonsense!

The riddle clearly refers to the moon and trees. It can only be the word '枂'. What does it have to do with '杳'? I really don’t understand and pretend to understand! "

"It's the same sentence, it's up to you whether you believe it or not." Dustyn was too lazy to argue.

Some people never look back until they hit the wall.

"Senior brother, this guy is just trying to flatter me. Don't pay attention. Just listen to me and write the word '枂' on the newspaper. You will definitely win the first question!" Roselyn was very conceited.

"Okay! Junior sister is very talented, I believe in you!"

Carlos nodded and immediately raised his hand: "Shopkeeper Chen, I know the answer to the puzzle!"

"oh?"

The fat man raised his eyebrows slightly and said with a smile: "May I ask Mr. Carlos, what is the answer to the riddle?"

"It's the word '悂'!"

Carlos vowed: "The bright moon hidden among the tall trees refers to the moon and the trees. When the two are combined into one, it is '枂'. There is no other answer!"

As soon as these words came out, many people started whispering.

Discuss whether this answer is correct.

"Young Master carlos, are you sure it's the word '悂'? Why don't you think about it again?" the fat white man advised.

"Don't think about it, it must be the word '枂', just announce the result!" Carlos urged.

"Master carlos, I'm sorry, your answer is wrong." The fat white man shook his head.

"What is wrong?"

Carlos was stunned for a moment and looked at Roselyn subconsciously.

Didn't you say that you can win it steadily? Why is it so wrong the first time you open your mouth?

"How is that possible? How could my answer be wrong?"

Roselyns eyes widened and she couldn't believe it.

She is proficient in poetry, music, music, chess, calligraphy and painting, how could she even guess the lantern riddles wrong?

There must be something shady!

Someone is deliberately targeting her!
👍👍👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1320

Hearing this, Roselyn immediately became dissatisfied: "Who is he? Can he be compared with me? Would you rather believe an outsider than me?"

"Shut up, you!"

Carlos turned around and yelled: "I believed you twice before, and you were wrong both times. How can you expect me to believe you?"

"I......"

The senior brother in her memory had always been like the big brother next door, and he had never been so cruel to her.

what is it today?

"Roselyn, this is not a child's play. You and Hazel have already made a bet. Once you lose, you will lose the entire Heal Well Hall!"

Carlos restrained his sharpness and advised earnestly: "Besides, you are good at music, chess, calligraphy, painting, poetry and poetry. You have not dabbled in lantern riddles. As the saying goes, there are specialties in the arts, so you should give it a try, Brother Dustyn."

Regardless of whether it is Heal Well Hall or Beauty Picture, he is determined to win, so naturally he cannot allow others to act recklessly.

"Okay, I'll give him a chance to show off, but if he answers wrongly, replace me immediately, so maybe there's still a chance." Roselyn puffed her lips, and finally compromised.

"no problem."

Carlos breathed a sigh of relief and looked at Dustyn again: "Brother Rhys, tell me your answer? What is the word?"

"One to the right and one to the west, three rooms square to the southeast. If I guessed correctly, it should be the character '醢' [hai]." Dustyn said calmly.

"It's the word '醢'."

Dustyn ordered some tea with his finger, and then wrote it out one stroke at a time on the table.

"mince?"

This is the first time they have seen this word since they have grown up. It is too unfamiliar.

"In the word '醢', there is right and west, which corresponds to the first sentence. As for the second sentence, the three bungalows stand to the south. Look at the word 'plate'. Does it look like three separated rooms? ?" Dustyn explained one by one.

Carlos took a closer look and couldn't help but look overjoyed: "Brother Rhys, your word '醢' is absolutely amazing! It really enlightens me!"

Now that he saw the word "醢", he suddenly realized that this was the correct answer.

"Brother, don't be too happy yet. Who knows if this is the correct answer? What if it's wrong?" Roselyn poured a basin of cold water down.

"I admit I'm wrong!"

Carlis suddenly stood up and said loudly: "Shopkeeper Chen, I already have the answer to the third question!"

"Mr. Carlos, are you too impatient? You've already gotten two questions wrong in a row. If you get the third question wrong, you won't be able to see anyone." Hazel said suddenly.

"Forget it if you don't have the ability, but you still like to be in the limelight. It's really not a shame!"

If you make a mistake once or twice, you will suffer a lot and it is time to stop.

The person in front of me is a good person. He is the first to answer every time. The key is that he answers wrong every time.

"Mr. Carlos, this answer is a bit difficult, why don't you think about it again?" The fat white man gave a kind reminder.

"Oh? May I ask Mr. Carlos, what is the answer to the riddle?" the fat white man asked.

"It's the word '醢'!"

Carlos didn't waste any time. He wrote down a big word "醢" with pen and paper, and then slapped it heavily in front of the fat man: "Shopkeeper Chen, look carefully. Is this word correct?"
👍👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1316

After coming back to his senses, Carlos regretted his mistake and almost slapped himself.

Damn, I wish I had listened to Dustyn just now.

It's better now. Not only is he not in the limelight, but he is also embarrassed.

"Why is the word '杳' called? How can it be called '杳'?"

Roselyn murmured to herself, a little hard to accept.

"How are you, talented Roselyn? What else do you have to say now?" Hazel smiled provocatively.

Roselyn was speechless.

Although she was very dissatisfied, the facts were before her eyes and there was no room for her to quibble.

After hearing the analysis just now, she also knew in her heart that the word '杳' was indeed closer to the correct answer than the word '枂'.

"Congratulations, Miss Hazel, for answering the first question."

The fat white man cupped his hands, and then smiled and said: "Of course, everyone here does not need to be discouraged. There are still a few questions later. If you can answer them all correctly, you still have a great chance of winning."

Hearing this, Roselyn, who had been slightly depressed just now, immediately cheered up again.

Yes, there is still a chance. I just lost one question. As long as my appearance is good later, I can still win.

"Now, please listen to the second question."

The fat white man took out another card from the box and read aloud: "Second question: The clouds cover the Mid-Autumn Moon, the rain drenches the Lantern Festival lanterns, guess an idiom."

"The clouds cover the Mid-Autumn Moon? Rain covers the Lantern Festival lanterns?"

Everyone looked at each other in confusion.

What's the meaning?

How should I guess this thing?

"Junior sister, these two poems, guess an idiom, do you have any clues?"

After waiting for a while, Carlos asked tentatively.

"These two poems, one talks about the Mid-Autumn Festival and the other talks about the Lantern Festival. If the answer is an idiom, then it should be related to the Mid-Autumn Festival and the Lantern Festival."

Roselyn began to analyze it in detail: "The meaning of the Mid-Autumn Festival is reunion and happiness, while the meaning of the Lantern Festival is to pray for blessings. Normally speaking, it should be a more festive idiom.

However... before Mid-Autumn Festival and Lantern Festival, cloud cover and rain were added respectively, adding some uncertainty, so I guess the answer to the riddle should have two artistic conceptions.

On the one hand, there must be a happy reunion, on the other hand, there must be a little regret. As for the idioms that have both artistic conceptions at the same time, I can only think of one, and that is joy and sorrow! "

By the end of the story, she felt so energetic, as if she had cleared away the clouds and seen the blue sky.

"Sorrows and joys?"

Carlos was confused.

Why does it sound more and more mysterious the more I hear it?

"That's right! It's joys and sorrows!"

Roselyn vowed: "Only this idiom echoes the artistic conception of these two poems. I dare to conclude that this time it will never be wrong!"

"Junior sister, are you sure?" Carlos was a little confused.
"Senior brother, please believe me again. This time I am very confident. I promise I will not let you down!" Roselyn tone was sonorous.

"Brother Dustyn, what do you think?"

Carlos did not answer directly, but looked at Dustyn who was drinking tea next to him.

The other party accurately guessed the answer to the first question, which proved that he had some literary talent.

"Miss Roselyn and I have different views."

Dustyn said calmly: "The lantern riddles usually have a literal meaning. The artistic conception of the poem is not that high. I think Miss Liu has over-interpreted it."
👍👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1317

"Hmph! What do you know? How can we use common sense to figure out the lantern riddles from the Empower Tower?"

Roselyn said with a cold face: "Don't think that just because you got a lucky guess, you can tell me what to do. In terms of real ability, you are not qualified!"

In her opinion, Dustyn was lucky. A blind cat met a dead mouse, so he answered the first question correctly.

But this kind of luck cannot always exist.

"Really? It seems that Miss Roselyn is very confident in her answer." Dustyn half-smiled.

"certainly!"

Roselyn raised her head: "I am well-read in poetry and books, and I am talented. If I can't even figure out this little lantern riddle, how can I have the face to meet people in the future?"

Hearing this, Dustyn couldn't help but laugh.

This woman is really not ordinary confident.

"Brother Dustyn, why don't you share your opinion? We can discuss it together." Carlos said.

"Since Mr. Carlos is willing to listen, I will express some humble opinions."

Dustyn picked up the tea cup and took a sip, then said: "The clouds cover the Mid-Autumn Festival moon, and the rain showers on the Lantern Festival lanterns. This sentence means that if the moon is covered by clouds on the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival, then there will definitely be spring rain around the Lantern Festival in the coming year. Continuous, soaking the Lantern Festival lanterns."

"Hmph! Of course I know what this means, why do you need to show off here?" Roselyn snorted coldly.

The clouds cover the moon during the Mid-Autumn Festival, and it rains on the Lantern Festival night...

This situation completely coincides with the two artistic conceptions she mentioned.

"Brother Dustyn, so what's your answer?" Carlos asked tentatively.

"Whereabouts unknown." Dustyn spat out four words.

"Whereabouts unknown?" Carlos was slightly startled: "What do you mean?"

"The clouds cover the Mid-Autumn Moon, which alludes to rain, echoing the last sentence, so the word 'fall' refers to the falling rain. After the rain falls, it extinguishes the Lantern Festival lanterns, so it is naturally 'unknown', so the answer is 'Whereabouts unknown'." Dustyn said calmly.

"That's bullshit!"

As soon as he finished speaking, Roselyn immediately retorted: "What's missing? That's nonsense! It's just a superficial analysis like yours, without any profound meaning. Do you think the Imperial Tower will be as superficial as you?"

"I'm just solving the puzzle according to the question. Believe it or not, it's up to you." Dustyn spread his hands.

There is no point in arguing with such an arrogant woman

Because even if you say something extravagant, the other party will still be able to find faults and find various reasons to refute.

"Elder brother! Don't listen to this guy's nonsense, mine is the correct answer!" Roselyn said confidently.

"this......"

Carlos looked left and right, looking a little hesitant.

The father-in-law said that the father-in-law was right, and the mother-in-law said that the mother-in-law was right. Their explanations sounded the same.

As for who to trust, he was still a little unsure.

"Elder brother, don't you believe my judgment?"

Roselyn frowned and looked a little unhappy: "You should be very clear about my literary talent. The previous question was just a mistake. I am 100% sure that I can win this question!"

"Really?" Carlos raised his eyebrows.

"More real than pearls!" Roselyn looked serious.

"Okay! Since Junior Sister is so confident, I'll try again!" Carlos became energetic.

Dare to say such words, must be full of confidence.

This time, nothing will go wrong again.

"Shopkeeper Chen, I know the answer to the puzzle."

Carlos stood up again and attracted everyone's attention.

I lost my face before, now I want to get it back no matter what.

"I'd like to hear the details." The fat man nodded slightly.

"The clouds cover the Mid-Autumn Moon, and the rain drenched the Lantern Festival lanterns refers to two artistic conceptions, the joy of reunion and the regret of separation, so my answer is - joys and sorrows!" Liu Cong held his head high.

"Sorrows and joys?"
👍👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1318

Hearing this, everyone couldn't help but start whispering.

Some rich people who didn't know how to pretend to understand even slapped their thighs regretfully.

"Hey! I was about to talk about joys and sorrows, but I didn't expect this guy to beat me to it. What a mistake!"

"Me too, me too. If I hadn't hesitated just now, who would have gotten this kid's turn?"

"Sorrows and joys...it is indeed a good mood and a good idiom!"

Seeing that Carlos was full of confidence and his words were true, many people believed him.

"How about Shopkeeper Chen? Did I guess right?"

Carlos raised the corners of his mouth and looked very proud.

"Well... I'm sorry, you guessed wrong again." The fat white man said politely.

"What? Wrong again?"

Hearing this, Carlos's smile immediately froze on his face: "Shopkeeper Chen, are you kidding?"

"How can you joke about this kind of thing? Your answer is indeed not the answer to the riddle." The fat white man shook his head.

As soon as these words came out, Carlos, including the disciples of Jishi Hall, all looked strange and glanced at Roselyn in unison.

"How is it possible? I clearly understand the artistic conception of these two poems, why am I still wrong?" Roselyn eyes widened, finding it difficult to accept.

She is so talented, how could she make mistakes one after another?

"Young Master Carlos, it seems that you are the wrong person to trust."

At this time, Hazel, who was not far away, started to get angry again: "Roselyn is arrogant and arrogant, but he has no real ability. You believe everything this kind of person says, you might as well just guess."

Carlos's eyes twitched and he was speechless for a moment.

Damn, this is so embarrassing.

It doesn't matter if you make a mistake the first time, it can still be regarded as a mistake.

I got it wrong twice now, and I was the first to answer each time.

It's inevitable to be a little embarrassed.

"Hazel! Don't be too arrogant! Although I got the answer wrong, it's better than you not being able to answer it!" Roselyn shouted.

"Who says I can't answer it?"

Hazel smiled slightly, then snapped her fingers: "Tell her what the correct answer is?"

"good."

The man with the book next to him stood up and said loudly: "The clouds covered the Mid-Autumn moon and the rain drenched the Lantern Festival lanterns. The answer is - the whereabouts are unknown. 'Whereabouts' means falling rain. The rain fell and wet the Lantern Festival lanterns, so it is 'unknown'" , echoing back and forth, the correct answer is that the whereabouts are unknown!"

"Fart! How could it be the whereabouts..."

Just when Roselyn was about to quibble, the fat man suddenly said: "Miss Hazels answer is correct. The answer to the mystery is indeed 'whereabouts unknown'."

As soon as these words came out, Roselyn voice stopped suddenly and her whole body froze.

Somewhat unbelievable.

If someone said that, she would definitely sneer at it.

When the two said this, she could still argue with their arguments.

The question is, now that all three of them have given the same answer, how can she quibble?

"I didn't expect Mr.Dustyns answer to be true. What a missed opportunity!"

"It's a pity. It would be better if the senior brother listened to Dustyn advice."

The disciples of Heal Well Hall shook their heads and lamented.

Seeing that Roselyn was so confident, she thought she was sure to win, but ended up getting two questions wrong in a row, which was really disappointing.

On the contrary, it was the mediocre Dustyn who gave the correct answer every time.

Unfortunately, no one believed it.

Thinking of this, everyone looked at Dustyn very differently.

This... is the real secret!
👍👍👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1319

"Miss Hazels family has won two games in a row. If this continues, our Heal Well Hall will be in danger!"

Dr. Elijah's brows were furrowed and his face was solemn.

If he had known this was the case, he should not have agreed to this bet.

Once defeated, half a lifetime's hard work will be in vain.

"Hazel obviously came prepared. We should have been tricked."

"This woman is so despicable!"

Several Heal Well Hall disciples were cursing and not angry, but they were helpless.

Now the arrow is on the string and must be fired.

The bet decided in public cannot be changed, and one can only find opportunities to win by taking risks.

"Roselyn, you lost again."

Hazels joking voice drifted over: "If you lose a few more questions, your Heal Well Hall will be mine."

"Hmph! Don't be too happy too early, everything has just begun!" Roselyn shouted in a deep voice.

She has already asked. There are ten questions in the lantern riddle. As long as she answers six questions correctly, she will win.

So now, she still has a chance to make a comeback.

"You can't even answer two such simple questions, and you still expect to follow up? Stop being ridiculous. I advise you to admit defeat as soon as possible to avoid embarrassment." Hazel said sarcastically.

"It's still unclear who will win, let's wait and see!" Roselyn said angrily.

"Okay, I want to see how capable you are." Hazel smiled slightly: "Shopkeeper Chen, continue to ask questions."

"good."

The fat white man nodded, took out another card from the box, and read out: "Please listen carefully to the third question: one to the right and one to the west, three rooms square to the southeast, guess a word."

"One to the right and one to the west? Three bungalows with the east facing south?"

As soon as the puzzle came out, everyone quickly began to think deeply.

Generally speaking, when guessing words, you always find flaws in the puzzle.

As long as you find the key, it will be easy to solve the mystery.

But obviously, this word is not simple.

"I thought of it!"

After pondering for a moment, Roselyns eyes lit up and he suddenly said: "Brother, I know the answer to the riddle, it's the word 'sprinkle'!"

"Sa? What does it mean?" Carlos was startled.

"Read the question carefully. The three dots of water next to the word 'spread' represent three bungalows. The combination of the three dots of water and 'xi' is the same as the word 'spread'," Roselyn said enthusiastically.

"One comes from the right and the other comes from the west. How do you explain the 'right' in it?" Carlos was a little confused.

"This is simple. There are three dots of water on the left side of the word 'sa' and west on the right side. It just explains the puzzle perfectly." Roselyn replied

"Why do I feel it's a bit far-fetched?" Carlos frowned slightly.

After getting two questions wrong in a row, he had lost trust in Rosleyns

"Senior brother! If you believe me one last time, I promise, there will be no problem this time!" Rosleyn said confidently.

The corner of Carlos mouth twitched, and he wanted to curse a few words, but finally held back.

What the hell! This again?

Every time he made a promise, the result was a big disappointment. He and he were pointed at, and his face was disgraced.

If it weren't for his fellow disciples, he would have gotten angry.

"Brother Dustyn, what do you think?"

Carlos didn't pay attention to Roselyn, but turned his attention to Dustyn.

"Does my opinion matter? Since you don't believe me if I tell you, it's better not to say anything." Dustyn was eating his food, speaking vaguely.

"Ahem... Brother Dustyn, I was blind before and failed to see your talent. I will definitely believe you this time." Carlos promised.
👍👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1320

"Shut up, you!"

"I......"

what is it today?

"no problem."

"It's the word '醢'."

"mince?"

"I admit I'm wrong!"

"It's the word '醢'!"

👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1321

"Boom!"

Looking at the paper that Carlos took down heavily, the fat man could not help but be slightly stunned, with a flash of surprise in his eyes.

He didn't expect that the other party could actually answer it.

The third puzzle is much more difficult than the previous two puzzles.

You know, the word '醢' itself is a rare word, and few people know it, let alone write it.

It is even more difficult to guess this rare word based on the riddle.

When he first got this question, he thought no one could answer it and he planned to cancel it.

In the end, it was Carlos, who was clueless, who answered first, which was really surprising.

It seems that there should be an expert's guidance behind the other party.

"Shopkeeper Chen, what are you doing standing still? Tell me something nice, is this the right word?" Carlos urged.

I was full of confidence at first, but when I saw the fat white man's expression was different, I became nervous again for no reason.

"Mr. Carlos, I advise you to stop struggling. Just look at Shopkeeper Chen's face and you will know that you must be wrong again this time." Hazels teased.

"If you don't have the ability, go down early and don't embarrass yourself here!"

A group of dignitaries and dignitaries in the audience started to boo.

"Isn't it wrong again?"

Carlos frowned slightly, his face a little confused.

"Hmph! It's all nonsense, but in the end it's not wrong? If I had known better, I shouldn't have believed you!" Roselyn glared at Dustyn fiercely.

How could a guy who was inferior to himself be able to answer such a difficult riddle?

"Don't misunderstand me..."

After reacting, the fat white man quickly said: "Young Master Carlos did not answer wrongly. On the contrary, he answered very correctly. The answer to the third question is indeed the word '醢'."

"What? Correct answer?"

As soon as these words came out, the smile on Hazels face froze instantly.

The dignitaries who had just made a fuss were all looking at each other in confusion at this moment.

As for Roselyn, she swallowed the words that came to her lips.

"Shopkeeper Chen, are you not mistaken? How can these stupid heads answer this question correctly?" Hazel couldn't believe it.

Even the talented person she hired at a high price couldn't answer for a while, let alone Roselyn and Carlos?

"I saw it clearly, and there is no mistake. Mr. Carlos really got the answer right." The fat white man nodded slightly.

"Then tell me, what word did he answer?" Hazel asked.

"It's the word '醢'."

The fat white man clearly displayed the words written by Carlos in front of everyone.

After reading it, many people nodded suddenly and agreed.

"Is that the word?"

Hazel glanced at the scroll man next to her and asked.

"One to the right and one to the west, three square rooms standing to the southeast, with 'right' and 'west'. The three bungalows correspond to the pictographic character 'plate'. The answer to the character '醢' is so correct that even I didn't expect it. "The scroll man commented.

"It shouldn't be..."

Hazel frowned: "Roselyn, that woman, has a good eye but a weak hand. She has no ability. How can she solve such a difficult puzzle? Could it be that there is someone else helping her?"

As she spoke, her eyes swept over them one by one, and finally settled on Dustyn.

Because compared to the surprise and astonishment of the people around him, the other party acted very calmly, as if he had expected it.

"Hahaha... That's right, that's right, I finally got it right!" Carlos was excited.

His mistakes in the first two questions made him lose face and made him a laughing stock.

With this third question, I finally regained some face.

"Mr. Dustyn Rhus, I didn't expect you to be able to guess lantern riddles, that's awesome!" Dr. Elijah gave a thumbs up.

This kid is really capable of both literary and military skills and is versatile.

"Read a lot of books, and if you know everything, it's nothing." Dustyn smiled faintly.

"Brother Rhys, please stop being modest. It was thanks to you just now. Otherwise, we would have lost again." Carlos returned to his seat with a smile.

"Hmph! What's so great? It's just good luck!" Roselyn smacked her lips, very dissatisfied.

Chapter 1322

In her opinion, Dustyn was lucky enough to guess the answer.

Or maybe the other person has seen related puzzles before, so he answered them quickly.

"Brother Rhys, the rest of the puzzle depends entirely on you. Once it's done, I'll be very grateful!" Carlos hugged Dustyn and hugged his fists.

"For the sake of Divine Doctor Elijah, I will do my best." Dustyn yawned.

If he had to keep Heal Well Hall, he would be too lazy to meddle in other matters.

"Roselyn, I can't tell that there is a wise person hidden among you."

Hazels voice came again: "But don't be too happy. We are still in the lead now. The next seven puzzles are the key to victory."

"Hmph! Just let the horse come over!" Roselyn held her head high, not afraid at all.

"Shopkeeper Chen, please give me a question!" Hazel urged.

The fat white man nodded, then took out the fourth card from the box and read: "Please listen to the fourth question: Leave Ban Yue and guess a word."

As soon as he finished speaking, Dustyn faintly uttered one word: "Brain."

"Congratulations to this guest, your answer is correct." The fat white man announced the result directly.

"Um?"

The puzzle had just come out, and they hadn't even had time to think about it yet, and now someone gave the answer?

What kind of joke are you kidding?

Is it that fast?

"Wait a minute! Why is the word 'brain' the answer to the puzzle? Can you explain it more clearly?" Someone raised a question.

"Leave Ban Yue, take the upper part of the word 'Li' and spell it with the word 'Moon', so naturally it becomes the word 'Brain'." Dustyn gave a concise explanation.

"So that's it. It sounds quite simple. No wonder the answer is so fast." Everyone suddenly realized.

"Shopkeeper Chen, keep asking questions!" Hazel was a little dissatisfied.

"Please listen to the fifth question: two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Nine, guess an idiom." The fat white man said.

"Lack of food and clothing." Dustyn blurted out.

"Congratulations to this guest, the answer is correct." The fat white man nodded

Everyone's expressions froze and they were speechless.

So damn fast.

They couldn't react at all.

"Please listen to the sixth question: There is a bamboo forest on the soil, and there is gold under the soil. Guess a word."

"The word 'wait'."

"Please listen to the seventh question: The blind man touches the elephant, candied coptis, what do they mean?"

"A blind man touches an elephant and does not understand the general situation; candied Coptis chinensis can share joys and sorrows."

"Please listen to the eighth question: Zi Chou. Guess the four-character common expression."

"The rat, the ugly, and the ox are the first and second animals in the Chinese zodiac, so they should be born in the first and second zodiac signs."

"Question 9: The phoenix flute sounds, the jade pot turns light, and fish and dragons dance all night long!"

"Lantern Festival Lantern Festival."

The two of them were asking and answering questions, and the speed was getting faster and faster.

No matter what question the fat white man asked, Dustyn just blurted it out without thinking about it.

And every question was answered correctly.

The surrounding guests had no chance to speak.

Even the talented man from the south of the Yangtze River whom Yin Tao hired at a high price was dumbfounded at this moment, with a look of shock on his face.

Is this lantern riddles?

Is this based on the answer?

Too many are outrageous!
👍

bbaggi

Active Villager
Sep 9, 2023
Chapter 1323

At this moment, everyone was shocked by Dustyns answer.

Come on, come on, it's so fast, so fast that people can't react at all.

Each and every one of them had their brains shut down and completely lost the idea of competition.

What was supposed to be a situation where a hundred schools of thought should be contending has completely become a show for Dustyn alone.

Even the fat white man who asked the question was sweating profusely by the end of the question.

These puzzles are randomly selected and are of various kinds. Even if you study hard, you will not be able to answer them so quickly and accurately.

If it weren't for the extremely high confidentiality of the Imperial Building, he would have doubted whether Dustyn had seen the correct answers and memorized them all.

"The...last question."

The fat man swallowed his saliva and read out the riddle according to the card: "Red, yellow, blue and white can transform, like a phoenix or a dragon, they are incarnations. They travel thousands of miles without stopping, and a breeze blows them away..."

"Cloud." Dustyn blurted out again.

"All...the answers are correct!" The fat white man spat out a few words with difficulty.

He was really convinced, he had never seen such a perverted guy.

"Damn it! Did you get all the answers right? Is this guy cheating?"

"Why are you so fierce? It will make me look stupid!"

"Damn it! I have reason to suspect that this guy was hired by the Emperor Tower!"

After a brief silence, the entire scene exploded.

Although he was just guessing lantern riddles, Dustyns performance was really outstanding.

Completely overshadowing everyone.

Those who came prepared were completely turned into a joke.

They all say that participation is important, but the problem is that they don’t even have a sense of participation.

"Oh my god! Answering seven questions in a row, isn't this guy Dustyn too cruel?"

"No! You said it wrong. He got all ten questions right!"

The disciples of Heal Well Wall looked sideways, and each of them looked at Dustyn as if they were looking at a monster

"How, how is it possible? How can he answer them all correctly?!"

Roselyns eyes widened with disbelief on her face.

If Dustyn answered two or three questions correctly, it could be regarded as good luck.

Now, no matter how dissatisfied she was, she had to admit that the other party was indeed far better than her.

"Okay...good answer!"

Carlos couldn't help laughing.

He wasn't sure before, but Dustyns performance gave him a big surprise.

"This boy is indeed an all-rounder."

Dr. Elijah stroked his beard and smiled, his eyes sparkling.

Young people with such extraordinary talents are so rare.

Not only did he have the idea of passing on the mantle, he even wanted to marry his granddaughter to him.

"I didn't expect that such a dark horse would appear halfway. What a mistake!"

Hazel stared at Lu Chen with sharp eyes, as if she wanted to see something.

The clothes are ordinary, but the bearing is extraordinary.

His expression was indifferent and his sharpness was reserved. Even when he won a great victory, he did not have any mood swings.

It's obvious that this is a man with deep roots.

He is also a master of concealment.

"Shopkeeper Chen, are there any more puzzles?" Dustyn asked calmly.

"there is none left......"

The fat man smiled reluctantly: "Sir, you are so knowledgeable. I really admire you. I wonder what your name is?"

Chapter 1324

"land."

"Mr. Dustyn, congratulations on winning the jackpot."

The fat white man held the box containing the beauty picture in both hands, then walked respectfully to Dustyn and said with a smile: "On behalf of the Emperors Tower, I present this priceless beauty picture to you sir."

"Let me inspect the goods first."

Carlos was the first to take the box, opened it, and couldn't help but his eyes shone: "It is indeed a good treasure!"

After confirming that it was correct, Carlos couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

After all, Dustyn won this treasure back. If he just pocketed it without saying a few words, he would inevitably be criticized.

The best way is to let Dustyn take the initiative to give up. He will go with the flow and gain both treasure and reputation.

Perfect!

"Brother Rhys, although I have favored this beauty for a long time and admired it endlessly, after all, you won it back with your own ability, and I can't take it away from you."

Carlos said, pretending to be reluctant to part with love, handed the box over, stretched it halfway, and suddenly stopped: "Of course, if you really don't like it, I can keep it for you. When the time comes... ..."

"Oh, thanks."

Before he could finish speaking, Dustyn took it calmly and then said nothing more.

Carlos was stunned.

This is so unconventional!

Normally, shouldn't we just decline and be polite?

Why did you accept it directly?

Am I not being obvious enough?

"Hey! Rhys! What do you mean? Do you want to keep this beauty picture for yourself?"
Seeing this scene, Roselyn immediately became dissatisfied.

"Swallow it all?"

Dustyn raised his eyebrows slightly, turned his head and asked, "Shopkeeper Chen, the rules of today's event are that whoever answers the most questions correctly will get this beauty picture, right?"

"That's right." The fat white man nodded.

"Since I answered the most questions, should the beauty picture belong to me?" Dustyn asked again.

"Exactly." The fat white man nodded again.
"That's strange. It's something that belongs to me. How can I say it's my own?"

At the end of the sentence, Dustyns eyes had glanced at Roselyn, with a hint of questioning.

Although he is not very interested in pictures of beautiful women, it does not mean that he should give them away for free.

Especially someone who was begging for help made him even more disgusted.

"Although you won the beauty picture, don't we get the credit?"

Roselyn said righteously: "Putting all this aside, if senior brother hadn't brought you into the Emperor's Tower, would you have had a chance to get this treasure? Shouldn't you express your gratitude?"

"That's right! A person knows how to repay kindness. If it weren't for Senior Brother, you wouldn't even be qualified to answer the question, so this beauty picture should be donated to Senior Brother!" Elmer agreed.

"What do you mean, as long as I enter the Imperial Tower, I have to sell my life to your senior brothers?"

Dustyn lips showed a touch of sarcasm: "Miss Roselyn, please understand one thing. If I hadn't taken action, you would still not be able to get the beauty picture, and you would even lose the entire Heal Well Hall because of your impulsive willfulness!"

"Nonsense!"

Roselyn looked dissatisfied: "You think we can't win without you? It's a joke! I was just warming up just now. Even if you don't speak, I can still win!"

"Haha, you got three questions wrong in a row. Will anyone believe this?" Dustyn sneered.

"I...I just made a mistake." Roselyn said bravely.

However, his voice was unconsciously much softer, and he was obviously a little weak.

"Roselyn, are you too shameless?"

At this time, Hazel twisted her slender waist, walked over, and said in a strange tone: "This handsome guy just helped you, allowing your Heal Well Hall to escape the disaster. It's okay if you are not grateful, but you still want to fight." Beauty, please tell me, where is your face? Was it eaten by a dog?"

Those words made Roselyn face turn red and she looked like she had eaten ****.
👍👍👍

Finn Taylor

New Villager
Sep 21, 2023
Chapter 1325

"You, you, you...what are you talking nonsense about?!"

Roselyn was immediately furious and furious, like a cat whose tail had been stepped on.

"Did I say something wrong? If this handsome guy hadn't come to your aid, you would have lost everything. You are still here babbling. You really have no power at all."

Hazel crossed her arms and curled her lips. After finishing, she even flashed her eyes at Dustyn: "Handsome guy, oh~!"

The word 'oh' is elongated and has a somewhat ambiguous tone.

"Okay! So you two are a team!"

Roselyn looked left and right, showing a look of sudden realization: "No wonder you two have been flirting with each other for a long time, and you have already joined forces!"

"idiot!"

Hazel rolled her eyes and was speechless for a while.

Does this woman have shit in her head?

The words were spoken without any thought at all, and I was really convinced.

"Forget it, junior sister, since the beauty picture was won by Brother Dustin, we can't take advantage of it. What he wants to do is his own business and we have no control over it." Carlos patted Roselyns shoulder.

His appearance was calm, but his eyes were cold.

This kid really has no skills at all.

If he gave away the beautiful picture, he would still accept the other person's favor.

Now that he wants to keep it for himself, don't blame him for using some tricks.

"Hmph! Remember, this is not over today!"

Roselyn glared at the two of them fiercely and left angrily.

"Dustyn , this girl is too willful. Don't take it to heart. Let's talk tomorrow if something happens."

Dr. Elijah said hello, and then followed his granddaughter, fearing that the other party would do something stupid.

"Brother Dustyn, you guys eat slowly, I have something else to do, so I'll take my leave now."

Carlos hugged his fists with a smile, then turned and left.

Seeing this scene, the other Heal Well disciples stood up one after another and dispersed.

In this regard, Dustyn just smiled and said nothing.

Neither Roselyn nor Carlos are good people.

The former is brainless and unruly, while the latter is ulterior motives.

Pictures of beautiful women are worth tens of thousands of dollars. How can it be so easy to get away from him with nothing?

"Handsome boy, please stay."

Just as Dustyn was about to leave, Hazel suddenly shouted.

"Is something wrong?" Dustyn turned around.

"Handsome guy, did you come alone?" Hazel looked up and down.

"That's right, what's wrong?" Dustiyn asked.

"It's nothing, I just want to remind you that Yanjing is a mixed bag. If you bring such a priceless treasure with you, if you don't have the protection of a big force, you may be robbed as soon as you step out of the Imperial Tower." Hazel reminded.

"Is the law and order under the Emperor's feet so chaotic?" Dustyn raised his eyebrows slightly.

"Although we are under the emperor's feet, people die for wealth and birds die for food. This picture of a beautiful woman is enough to make many forces take action." Hazel seemed to be smiling but not smiling.

"Thanks for reminding me, but it's not that easy to snatch my things." Dustyn didn't care.

"Handsome guy, the water in Yanjing is deeper than you think. Besides, it's hard for two fists to defeat four hands. You are weak alone, how can you fight against those jackals, tigers and leopards?" Hazel said with a smile.

"What should I do according to Miss Hazels wishes?" Dustyn asked.

"It's very simple. As long as you find a big power to protect you, you can rest easy. For example, I am from the Lancester family."

Neel

New Villager
Sep 18, 2023
Chapter 1301 : Bargaing for Jade Dew Ointment Prescription
"Cannot be sold?!" Upon hearing this, Carlos couldn't help but furrowing his brows.

He had thought it was some kind of miraculous elixir, but he didn't expect such severe side effects.

While feeling disappointed, he couldn't help but be somewhat skeptical.

"Mr. Rhys, you're not joking with me, right? I just saw Lenny, and it seems like he didn't have any adverse reactions," Carlos Grantwood cautiously inquired.

"Right now, it may not be apparent, but in half an hour, it will naturally become evident," Dustin replied without changing his expression.

"Mr. Rhys, is there any way to reduce the side effects? Even if the medicinal effect is slightly weaker, it's okay." Carlos suggested, seeking a compromise.

Using medication that was too potent would lead to noticeable side effects.

But if milder herbs were used, there should be no issues.

"Not for now," Dustin shook his head.

Neither Sebatian Stratford nor Carlos Grantwood were trustworthy individuals.

He wouldn't easily share a drug that could disrupt the market balance.

Of course, the main reason was his dislike of both of them.

"That's fine too. Provide me with the prescription, and I'll try to improve it. If it succeeds, I'll give you a fifty percent share. How about that?" Carlos had another idea.

As one of Dr. Elijahs's top disciples, he had a high level of expertise in medicine.

Improving the prescription should be feasible.

"Mr. Carlos, this is a fragmentary prescription. There's no way to improve it. You should give up," Dustin refused once again.

"What harm is there in trying?" Dustin countered.

"Many people have tried before, without exception, all failed. No matter how much research they did, it was all in vain," Dustin shook his head.

"Hey! You are being too stingy! Just because I asked you for the prescription, you're making all kinds of excuses. It's truly despicable!"

At this point, Roselyn Grantwood couldn't hold back any longer and angrily said, "Moreover, just because others couldn't improve it doesn't mean my eldest senior brother can't. My eldest senior brother Carlos is a genius in the field of medicine, much better than you. He's offering you a chance to get rich now, and you don't know how to appreciate it!"

"Roselyn! Watch your tone!" Carlos deliberately maintained a serious face.

"Elder Senior Brother, you are too polite to him. Such a person should not be indulged, or he will only act arrogantly!" Roselyn said, hands on her hips.

"Dustin Rhys just has some reservations, which is understandable, after all, we've only just met," Carlos said diplomatically.

Carlos put on a seemingly understanding demeanor and changed his approach, saying, "But Mr. Rhys, now that you've joined Healwell Clinic, we are now fellow apprentices. With this bond between us, what reason do you have not to trust me?"

"You're absolutely right! Our eldest senior brother is benevolent and has excellent character. If you entrust the prescription to him, there won't be any problems!"

"Yes! Eldest senior brother comes from a prestigious family and is proficient in pharmacology. He will surely be able to improve the prescription, and we can all get rich together!"

"Mr. Dustin Rhys, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Since you won't use the prescription yourself, giving it to our eldest senior brother would be the most efficient use of it!"

At this moment, the medical apprentices of Healwell Clinic began persuading Dustin.

Carlos was known for his generosity, and if he could improve the prescription, they would all benefit greatly, so they were eager to support his cause.

"I made it very clear before that this prescription is an ancestral one and will not be sold," Dustin said calmly.

"Mr. Rhys, please don't misunderstand. I'm not asking to buy it; I'm just asking to borrow it. Rare prescriptions like this shouldn't be buried; they should be promoted and benefit the people. It's our duty as healers!" Carlos argued with conviction.

"Well said! Indeed, our eldest senior brother has a heart of compassion!" Roselyn admired him wholeheartedly.

Men with such kindness and righteousness were truly rare.

Chapter 1302 : Roselyn in Infuriate

"Benefit the people?"
Upon hearing this, Dustin couldn't help but find it somewhat amusing.

This Carlos was truly skilled at talking in circles.

Clearly, he was extremely greedy, but he presented himself as a virtuous and glorious figure, trying to portray himself as a beacon of righteousness.

It was truly nauseating.

While Sebastian Stratford might be greedy, at least he was willing to pay for things.

But this guy in front of him was something else, trying to get something for nothing.
He really had no shame.

"Hey! My eldest senior brother is talking to you, can't you hear?"
Seeing Dustin remain silent, Roselyn grew impatient.

"Since you've joined Healwell Clinic, you should listen to us. Consider the prescription for the Jade Dew Ointment as your contribution to Healwell Clinic. There will be benefits for you in the future!" Roselyn said impatiently.

"I'll say it one last time: the prescription will not be shared," Dustin spoke coldly.

"Hey! Why are you so dense, like a block of wood? How can you be so unenlightened?"
Roselyn was becoming increasingly frustrated. "My eldest senior brother wants your prescription, not for personal gain but to benefit the public, to save patients. This is a noble aspiration. Shouldn't you support it?"

"Is it appropriate for him to achieve his aspirations using my belongings?" Dustin retorted.

"What's inappropriate about it? It's said that a compassionate doctor should have a compassionate heart. Aren't you being too selfish? You have no sense of humanity!" Roselyn sneered.

"If you're not selfish, if you're righteous, if you're generous, and if you have a compassionate heart, then why don't you donate all your possessions? Your house, your car, your clothes, your bags, and all your luxury items. Can't you give them all to those two beggars sitting at the street corner?"
"For the benefit of the people!"
Dustin started to retort in kind, every word cutting to the heart.

He really couldn't stand these holier-than-thou types.

"You... you're clearly using sophistry!"
Roselyn's face turned bright red, her frustration turning into anger.

"What? Don't want to? Weren't you just talking about it so beautifully? Why can't you sacrifice yourself for others? Since you can't do it, why do you have the audacity to demand it from me? You're clearly applying double standards," Dustin continued to press.

He originally didn't want to make a big deal out of this, but this woman kept pushing him, going on and on.

Did she really think of herself as a soft target that could be easily manipulated?

"You... You... You... You're outrageous!"
Roselyn's face turned red, her veins pulsating as she became highly agitated. "I am your senior sister, and you dare to show disrespect to me? This is simply disregarding authority and challenging superiors!"

"Senior sister? That's just your self-righteousness," Dustin sneered.

"I don't care! You must hand over the prescription today, or else you can forget about staying in Healwell Clinic. I'll have you expelled from our sect!" Roselyn threatened in a stern voice.

"Miss Roselyn, you've misunderstood something. I never intended to join Healwell Clinic, so your threats are just a joke to me," Dustin shrugged, utterly indifferent.

"You... You..."
Roselyn was so furious that she stomped her feet, and she was on the verge of losing control.

For a moment, her eyes turned red, and tears streamed down her face.
She had actually been so angry that she cried.

Chapter 1303 : Make a Deal

"You rascal! You've gone too far! You're bullying me!"
Roselyn was furious and felt wronged, tears streaming down her face.

She was known for her stunning beauty, exceptional talent, and had been pampered her entire life. Wherever she went and whatever she encountered, people always treated her with deference.

But this guy, Dustin, had no manners at all. He not only showed her no respect but also insulted her publicly, causing her great embarrassment.
It was utterly despicable!

"Alright, alright, Sister, you should calm down a bit,"
Seeing that things were getting out of hand, Carlos began to mediate, "We're all fellow disciples here, and we'll see each other often in the future. There's no need to damage our relationship."

"Hmph! Who says we're fellow disciples? Healwell Clinic has both him and me. It has me, but it doesn't have him!" Roselyn firmly asserted.

"That's enough!" Dr. Elijah couldn't hold back any longer and spoke in a stern voice, "Roselyn, you're being too stubborn. The prescription for the Jade Dew Ointment belongs to Dustin. How he chooses to handle it is his business. You have no right to meddle."

"Grandfather? I'm your granddaughter, how can you take his side?" Roselyn found it hard to believe.
Her grandfather usually attention on her, so why was he siding with an outsider today?

"Dustin saved Healwell Clinic twice. If you can't be grateful and instead cause trouble like this, it's really unreasonable!" Dr. Elijah scolded with a straight face. "If you dare to be disrespectful again, don't blame me for confining you to your room and not letting you leave for a month!"

"I..." Roselyn opened her mouth but ultimately held back.
She knew that her grandfather's word was ironclad, and whatever he said, he would do.

Although she felt wronged, causing more trouble wouldn't lead to a good outcome.
In the end, she could only direct all her anger and resentment toward Dustin through her eyes.
Sooner or later, she would make him pay!

"Mr. Rhys, this girl has been quite rude. Allow me to apologize on her behalf," Dr. Elijah Grantwood said apologetically, clasping his hands.

"It's fine. I was just joking earlier," Dustin replied with a faint smile, not wanting to make a big deal out of it.
Despite Roselyn's stubbornness, Dr. Elijah was still reasonable.

Considering that uncle Lorenzo would have to stay in Healwell Clinic for a while, Dustin didn't want to create unnecessary conflicts.

"Mr. Rhys, can we discuss the matter of the prescription?" Carlos said impatiently. "I sincerely want to cooperate with you. As long as you're willing to provide the prescription, we can research it together, make money together, and benefit the people together. Why not give it a try? Of course, if you feel my sincerity is lacking, feel free to name your price. Whatever you need, I'll try my best to fulfill."

Upon hearing this, Dustin was about to refuse, but then he seemed to think of something. Suddenly, he changed his tone and said, "Since Mr. Carlos is so sincere, let me be straightforward. If you can obtain three rare medicinal herbs for me—Ice Heart Lotus, Dragon Blood Ginseng, and Golden Marrow Jade—I will give you the prescription for the Jade Dew Ointment."

"Really?"
Carlos's eyes lit up, and he became excited. "Mr. Rhys, don't even mention three medicinal herbs. Even if it's thirty or three hundred, it's completely fine. Tell me, what do you need?"

"I need Ice Heart Lotus, Dragon Blood Ginseng, and Golden Marrow Jade," Dustin listed the names of the medicinal herbs one by one.

These were the primary ingredients for refining the Bone Cleansing Pill and were crucial for treating Uncle Lorenzo.

If he could exchange a partial prescription for three top-quality medicinal herbs, it would be a great deal.

"Ice Heart Lotus? Dragon Blood Ginseng? Golden Marrow Jade?"

Upon hearing this, Carlos immediately furrowed his brow. "If I'm not mistaken, these three medicinal herbs are extremely rare treasures, right? They can't be found on the market at all. I wonder, Mr. Rhys, what do you need these items for?"

"I have my reasons. It depends on whether Mr. Carlos agrees or not," Dustin replied calmly.

"These three medicinal herbs are extremely rare, and they are worth a fortune. They're hard to come by. Give me some time, and I should be able to gather them," Carlos said thoughtfully.

"Alright, I'll wait for your good news. As long as you manage to collect the three medicinal herbs, I'll immediately hand over the Jade Dew Ointment formula," Dustin said with a faint smile.

Chapter 1304 : Emperor Pavilion Restaurant

"Great! It's a deal!" Carlos was filled with enthusiasm.

The Grantwood family, although not as influential as the Torbys family in the field of medicine, was still a prominent presence in the southern city region. With a bit of effort, finding three top-quality medicinal herbs shouldn't be too difficult.

"The day is getting late, how about we all have a meal together? It's a good opportunity to welcome and entertain Mr. Dustin Rhys," suddenly suggested Dr. Elijah.

"No problem! Today, I'll host the dinner. Let's go to the Emperor's Pavilion!" Carlos declared grandiosely.

"The Emperor's Pavilion?"
As soon as these words were spoken, the people from Healwell Clinic couldn't help but brighten up, their excitement evident.

The Emperor's Pavilion was the most famous restaurant in the southern city, typically catering to high-ranking officials and dignitaries. Ordinary people didn't have the qualifications to enter.

To dine there, one not only needed money but also status and position; the threshold was extremely high.

What made the Emperor's Pavilion even more renowned was a story that had been passed down through the generations. It was said that someone from the Forbidden City had dined there once, found the food exceptionally delicious, and even composed a poem in praise. Since then, the restaurant was renamed from Fulai Tower to the Emperor's Pavilion.

This poem became the restaurant's signature, and the story behind it spread far and wide.

For common folks, having the fortune to dine at the Emperor's Pavilion was something they could boast about for a whole year.

As night fell, a few luxury cars pulled up at the entrance of the Emperor's Pavilion.

As the car doors opened, Carlos led a group of people into the restaurant with a high and mighty demeanor.

Wherever they passed, greetings and salutations filled the air.

Anyone who saw them had to address Carlos as "Young Master."

The grandeur of the scene was impressive, and it deepened the admiration of the young people, including Roselyn.

"The Emperor's Pavilion is truly luxurious!"

"I never thought that in my lifetime, I'd have the chance to dine at the Emperor's Pavilion. It's incredible!"

"Thanks to our Big Brother's generosity, or else where would we have this opportunity?" After entering the restaurant, the disciples from Healwell Clinic were wide-eyed, discussing excitedly.

They looked like country bumpkins who had just entered a magnificent palace.

"Dustin, what do you think? Are you completely awestruck?" Roselyn deliberately approached to Dustin Rhys and adopted a condescending expression. "For someone like you, a loser, you probably haven't seen such a high-end restaurant before, right? Take your time and look around, take some photos. In the future, when you go out, you can brag about it. After all, you won't have such an opportunity a second time. Cherish it, bumpkin."

Hearing this, Dustin just chuckled and didn't bother to respond.

This woman was actually flaunting her superiority in front of him. He didn't know where she found the courage.

"Hey! Why are you laughing?" Roselyn was somewhat displeased. "Looking at you, I can tell you're inexperienced. The Emperor's Pavilion is the best restaurant in the southern city, a place even the emperor has visited. Only high-ranking officials and dignitaries can enter. If it weren't for the fact that you're benefiting from Big Brother, you would never set foot in this place in your entire life!"

"Whether the Emperor's Pavilion is the best in the southern city, I'm not sure," Dustin shook his head and calmly said, "I only remember that ten years ago, when I dined here with the emperor, it was called Fulai Tower, not the Emperor's Pavilion."

Chapter 105 : A Historical Poem

"What? You dined with the emperor?" Roselyn was first taken aback and then burst into mocking laughter. "I say, country bumpkin, do you have a problem with your brain? Just you? Dining with the emperor? Are you worthy? Even my Big Brother doesn't have that qualification. Who do you think you are?"

A shabbily dressed country bumpkin like him actually claimed to know the emperor. He was truly shameless!

"Believe it or not, it's up to you," Dustin shrugged and didn't argue further. There was no point in talking to someone like her who had such a narrow view.

"Humph! I just thought you lacked awareness and didn't have gentlemanly manners, but now you're boasting. I really don't understand why my grandfather values you," Roselyn said disdainfully.

As a member of the Grantwood family, she naturally had an innate sense of superiority when dealing with outsiders from rural areas.

"We're here, this is it!" At this moment, Carlos, who was leading the way, suddenly stopped and pointed to a hanging scroll in the air.

The scroll was quite large, framed with a golden border, and hung prominently in the most visible spot. You could see it just by looking up.

At this moment, the scroll had several lines of calligraphy written on it.

The handwriting was vigorous and powerful, with a majestic brushstroke and a unique artistic conception. It was clearly written by a master calligrapher.

"Big Brother, is what's written on it a poem?" Roselyn raised her head, curious.

Although she didn't understand calligraphy, she could tell that the characters were beautifully written, pleasing to the eye, and truly remarkable.

"Yes, it's a poem!" Carlos smiled and nodded. "I believe you've all heard the rumors about the Emperor's Pavilion. About ten years ago, the emperor visited the Emperor's Pavilion and, after three rounds of drinking, he was in high spirits and composed this poem you see before you!"

"Oh my god! I didn't expect the rumors to be true! There's actually a poem written by the emperor here. This is amazing!"

"No wonder it's called the Emperor's Pavilion. It truly lives up to its reputation!"

The doctors from Healwell clinic were staring intently at the poem. They were all excited. For ordinary people like them, witnessing the talents of the emperor was a great honor.

"Hmm... Strange. Why does the poem have two surnames as the author?" Suddenly, someone asked.

"You hit the nail on the head with that question," Carlos said with an air of knowledge. "Indeed, this poem was composed by the emperor, but the person who physically wrote it was another prominent figure. That's why there are two surnames on the inscription. Of course, it also signifies that the emperor holds this person in high regard."

"That's incredible! Someone could co-sign a poem with the emperor? That's amazing!" The crowd marveled.

"To have the emperor value them so highly, this person must be a royal, right?" Roselyn was filled with admiration.

"Sister, you guessed wrong." Carlos smiled and shook his head. "This person is not a royal, but their status is even higher than that of a royal."

"Oh? Who is this person then?" Roselyn grew even more curious.

"To be honest, this person is none other than the Crown Prince of the Western Liang Palace, the world-renowned Kirin Child from ten years ago, Lord Logan Rhys!" Carlos announced loudly.

"What? The Kirin Child, Logan?!"

As soon as this statement was made, the whole room erupted.

The name Logan resonated like thunder, and even though ten years had passed, his past glory still remained deeply ingrained in people's hearts.

Ten years ago was an era of exceptional talents and prodigies.

However, Logan Rhys had single-handedly suppressed all the young geniuses, dominating Stonia with unparalleled power and becoming famous throughout the world!

He had shone brilliantly in that era, standing head and shoulders above the rest.

Since then, no one had come close to matching Logan's accomplishments.

Whether they were nobles, aristocrats, or elite talents, none could compare with him!

Chapter 1306: A New Challenge

"I didn't expect that the calligraphy on this paper was by Logan. No wonder he was able to write poetry on behalf of the emperor."

"The emperor's poem with Logan's calligraphy, it's no wonder that Emperor's Pavilion is so famous! It's well-deserved."

"Indeed, it's Logan, the Kirin Child. His calligraphy at the age of fifteen is already comparable to that of the great calligraphers. It's truly worth a fortune!"

As they looked at the poem in the air, everyone couldn't help but be amazed. At this moment, they understood why Emperor's Pavilion had such a high threshold. With such a priceless treasure on display, a high threshold was only natural.

"I heard that the Kirin Child is not only extraordinarily talented but also exceptionally handsome. He is well-versed in the classics and contemporary knowledge. It would be wonderful if we had the chance to meet him!"

Roselyn cupped her face with her hands, her eyes filled with admiration.

Although Carlos was outstanding, compared to Logan, he was hardly worth mentioning.

Whether it was family background, personal abilities, or looks, Logan had reached the pinnacle in almost every aspect.

He was a near-perfect man, the dream lover of countless girls.

In the past, she had fantasized more than once about how wonderful it would be to marry Logan.

"Before West-Seated Mountain, white egrets fly; Peach blossoms and flowing water make carp thrive. With a green bamboo hat, and a green straw coat, I wander with the slanting wind and fine rain, with no need to return."

"Great poem! Truly a great poem!"

"The poem is great, and the calligraphy is even better. He's truly the unparalleled genius of his time!"

"Dr. Elijah's praise is well-deserved. The handwriting on this paper is still a bit immature," Dustin said as he looked up at the poem, his memories seemingly drifting back to ten years ago.

"Hey! What nonsense are you talking about?" When she heard this, Roselyn was instantly displeased. "Who do you think you are? How dare you speak nonsense about the Kirin Child's calligraphy? You have quite the audacity!"

After all, Logan was her idol, a sacred and inviolable figure in her eyes.

"That's right! The Kirin Child's calligraphy is worth a fortune, but what about you? People would find it uncomfortable if you wiped their backsides!" Elmer chimed in.

While the others didn't say anything, they all had strange looks on their faces.

The characters of the Kirin Child had been verified by time long ago. Many calligraphers came to admire them and were deeply impressed after seeing them. To have characters admired by various calligraphy experts, but to call them immature when spoken by Dustin – wasn't that too arrogant?

"I was just speaking the truth. Why are you all so worked up?" Dustin said with some frustration.

Compared to now, it was true that the characters he had written ten years ago might seem a bit immature. What was the big deal?

"I just told the truth? I think you're just talking nonsense!" Roselyn couldn't contain her anger. "You clearly know nothing, yet you're shamelessly giving your opinion and pretending to be an expert. People like you are truly despicable!"

"Humph! I think someone here is just envious and jealous, so they're trying to defame the Kirin Child's characters!" Elmer sneered.

"Mr. Dustin, be careful with your words. If what you said today spreads, it could lead to big trouble," Carlos warned.

Damn it, is this guy out of his mind? He dares to belittle the Kirin Child's characters in Emperor's Pavilion? Is he seeking death?

"Mr. Dustin! Since you're so confident, and you think the Kirin Child's characters aren't good enough, then go ahead and write a new set of characters based on this poem. I want to see just how capable you are!" Roselyn glared with anger.

Chapter 1307: Cultural Evening Competition

"I haven't written for a long time, and I'm a bit out of practice. I think I'll pass," Dustin shook his head.

His handwriting was quite distinctive and could be recognized by someone knowledgeable. Although he wasn't afraid of revealing his identity now, it could still lead to trouble if certain people found out.

"Out of practice? Hmph! I think you're just incapable!" Roselyn sneered. "You clearly can't do it, but you insist on pretending and speaking so self-righteously. It's truly disgusting!"

"Alright, let's stop arguing. There are so many people watching us, and there's no need to make a scene. I've already reserved a spot upstairs, and the collections up there include some rare treasures that are guaranteed to amaze you."

"In addition, there's a special event at Emperor's Pavilion tonight, and if we're lucky, we might get a pleasant surprise."
Carlos's words instantly picked everyone's interest.

"A surprise? What kind of surprise?" Roselyn asked with curiosity.

"As far as I know, every three months, Emperor's Pavilion hosts a cultural evening where participants compete in poetry, songs, and other forms of art."

"If someone can stand out in this competition and prove their superiority, they'll receive a special prize prepared by Emperor's Pavilion."

"So, during this time, Emperor's Pavilion is always packed. If it weren't for my early reservation and some connections, we might not even have seats tonight," Carlos explained enthusiastically.

Spending a significant amount of money to reserve seats and attending this cultural evening was a chance to meet influential figures. After all, anyone who could enter Emperor's Pavilion was either wealthy or influential.

Now, it was the perfect opportunity to make connections.

"A cultural evening? That sounds great!" Roselyn became excited. "I've been well-versed in poetry, songs, and various forms of art since I was a child. Finally, it's time for me to show off!"

Her grandfather had forced her to study various subjects when she was young, and she had memorized many literary works. She had always excelled academically, earning her the title of a young talent in her school days.

Now, she could relive her past glory.

"Senior brother Carlos, you mentioned earlier that there are prizes for winning. I'm curious, what kind of prizes are they?" Elmer asked cautiously.

"The prizes at Emperor's Pavilion are definitely not ordinary items," Carlos replied with a smile. "If I'm not mistaken, the winner can choose one item from the Treasure Pavilion. The Treasure Pavilion is a collection of rare and valuable treasures personally curated by the owner of Emperor's Pavilion. Any item from there is worth a fortune."

"Worth a fortune?!"
Upon hearing this, Elmer's eyes lit up, and his breathing quickened.

The other doctors from Healwell Clinic were also thrilled.

To obtain an item worth a fortune, wouldn't that mean instant wealth?

They hadn't expected that a simple dinner could offer such an opportunity.

"Roselyn, we're counting on you for this. If you can outperform everyone and win a treasure, it will bring honor to Healwell Clinic!"

"That's right! If you win the treasure, our Healwell Clinic will gain fame!"

Many disciples from Healwell Clinic placed their hopes on Roselyn. They knew she was incredibly intelligent, talented, and excelled in various areas. Especially in poetry and literature, her upbringing had given her a high level of proficiency.

"Don't worry, I've got this. After winning the top spot and obtaining the treasure, I'll treat everyone to a meal!" Roselyn declared confidently.

"Roselyn, don't get too arrogant. Remember, there's always someone better out there. Keep a humble heart," Dr. Elijah reminded her at the right moment.

Chapter 1308: Roselyn College Friend

"Grandfather, although I'm known as a talented woman at school, it doesn't mean I can easily outshine everyone. After all, Stonia is a place where talents gather," Roselyn replied confidently.

"Granddaughter, don't talk like that," Elijah frowned slightly.

"Master, my junior sister is exceptionally talented, and I believe she will do well in this competition," Carlos chimed in with a smile.

"See? Even senior brother believes in me. I'm determined to win the first place in today's competition!" Roselyn said with even more pride.

Dr. Elijah shook his head, somewhat helpless. He knew that her arrogance might get her into trouble one day.

"It's about time; let's head upstairs," Carlos suggested, leading the group to the second floor.

Compared to the dazzling splendor of the ground floor, the second floor had an even more elegant and refined atmosphere. Every decoration and detail was meticulously arranged, creating a flawless ambiance.

Upstairs at Emperor's Pavilion, a gathering of dignitaries and elites could be seen. These individuals were accompanied by one or two young talents, showcasing their sophistication and literary prowess.

The Emperor's Pavilion's cultural event, held every three months, consistently attracted a large number of returning guests. It served as an excellent marketing strategy.

Guided by Carlos, the group found their reserved seats.

"Ah! Isn't this our talented lady, Roselyn?" Suddenly, a teasing female voice resounded from nearby.

Everyone turned their heads to see an alluring woman approaching with a swaying gait. By her side, there was a fair-skinned young man.

The young man wore a long robe and exuded an air of scholarly refinement.

"Hazel Lancaster? What are you doing here?"

Upon seeing the woman, Roselyn couldn't help but furrow her brow. Her previous smile disappeared, replaced by a more composed expression.

"Since my family, the Lancaster family, in South City has some reputation, what's so surprising about dining at Emperor's Pavilion? As for you, coming from a small and insignificant background, it's surprising that you could even enter Emperor's Pavilion," Yin Tao said, her lips curling in a mocking smile as she looked Roselyn up and down.

"How I got in is none of your business! You're just flaunting your wealth, nothing impressive about that," Roselyn retorted with a proud stance.

This woman before her was not just a fellow student but also her romantic rival. During their four years in college, Hazel had consistently used her money and looks to outshine Roselyn. She had even openly stolen Roselyn's boyfriends more than once. This had left Roselyn with deep-seated resentment.

"Sorry, but having money is indeed impressive," Hazel said, shrugging her shoulders with a sly smile. "Take Emperor's Pavilion, for example. I can come here anytime I want, but what about you? You can only be here because you're riding on someone else's coattails. That's the difference. Oh, by the way, take some photos when you have the chance and post them on social media. Cherish this rare opportunity. After all, for someone like you, getting in here is like a miracle."

"You...!" Roselyn's face turned red with anger and frustration.

Why did these words sound so familiar?

Chapter 1309: A Unwanted Bet

"Miss Hazel, that's a bit too much," Carlos finally spoke. "Roselyn is my junior sister, and it's not proper to speak like this."

"Oh? So Mr. Carlos is here too? What a coincidence," Hazel feigned surprise and then continued with a mocking tone. "No wonder Roselyn has the privilege to enter Emperor's Pavilion. It turns out she has you to protect her. But I find it a bit strange, Carlos, as a young master from a prestigious family, how could your taste be so poor as to choose someone as ordinary as her?"

"Hey! Who are you calling ordinary?" Upon hearing this, Roselyn immediately flared up, wanting to confront her physically but was held back by her companions.

The Grantwood family's influence was not weaker than the Lancaster family's and might even be stronger. If they fought and it got back to the Lancestor family, even Carlos might not be able to protect them.

"Whoever I'm talking about is the one I'm talking about. What are you going to do about it?" Hazel sneered, her eyes filled with provocation.
She enjoyed seeing Roselyn frustrated but powerless to do anything about it.

"You... You're going too far!" Roselyn was seething with anger and wanted to respond with harsh words, but Carlos raised his hand to stop her. "Miss Hazel, please let it go. We came here to have a meal and don't want any trouble. I hope you'll show some restraint."

"Fine, I'll let her off for your sake, Carlos."
Hazel glanced at Roselyn, her smile faint. "By the way, the Emperor's Pavilion seems to be hosting a cultural event later. Since you fancy yourself so knowledgeable and talented, I hope you won't embarrass yourself."

"Hmph! Embarrass myself? That's a joke!" Roselyn retorted coldly. "When it comes to poetry and literature, even if you combine ten of you, you still won't be my match!"

"Oh? Is that so?" Hazel chuckled teasingly. "Since you're so confident, how about a little competition?"

"Competition? I'm not afraid of you!" Roselyn said confidently.

In terms of family background and wealth, she might concede to Hazel. But when it came to talent, she believed she could easily outshine her.
"Alright, let's have a competition. And to make it more interesting, how about a bet?" Hazel taunted.

"What do you want to bet?" Roselyn raised her head.

"You don't have anything valuable on you either. So, how about this? Let's bet your family's Healwell Clinic," Hazel said with a shocking proposal. "If you lose, you give Healwell Clinic to me. If I lose, I'll give you one billion. What do you say?"

"Bet Healwell Clinic?" Roselyn furrowed her brow slightly in response to this unexpected suggestion.

It was clear that Hazel had ulterior motives.

"With the valuation of your Healwell Clinic, it's probably worth less than one billion. But I'm a generous person, I won't haggle with you. The real question is, do you dare to bet? If you don't, you better avoid me when you see me in the future," Hazel asked with a smirk.

"What do I have to fear? Let's make the bet!" Roselyn was provoked and readily agreed.

"Roselyn, don't be reckless!" Dr. Elijah's expression changed, and he hurriedly intervened. "Healwell Clinic is of paramount importance; it's not something to be used as a bet! Even if we gamble some money, it's one thing, but to gamble our entire business is too reckless!"

"What's there to worry about, Grandpa? I'm confident I can win against her. She's practically giving us money!" Roselyn was brimming with self-assurance.

"But money isn't earned that easily. Using the entire Healwell Clinic as a bet is too risky!" Elijah cautioned, his voice filled with concern.

"Why can't it be? I'm absolutely certain I'll win, Grandpa. As long as I have the confidence, this is a golden opportunity, and we can't let it slip away!" Roselyn insisted firmly.

Chapter 1310: Bet Healwell Clinic

"Healwell Clinic's income is actually quite low. We either don't charge poor patients or only ask for a nominal fee for medicinal herbs," Roselyn explained. "Our reputation has grown, but we're not making much money from our own people. One billion is something we'd never earn in our lifetime. It's worth the risk."

"Things are never absolute, and I absolutely won't allow you to use Healwell Clinic as a gamble!" Dr. Elijah maintained his stancd.

"Grandpa! Why won't you believe me?" Roselyn was getting agitated. "Before, when those hooligans were causing trouble, you were willing to stake Healwell Clinic for the sake of our people, and even for Dustin Rhys! Why is it that you'd rather trust a stranger and not me? Why?!"
She almost shouted the last sentence.

"Child, before it was a last resort. Now, it's you being reckless. You need to understand the difference between the two," Elijah tried to explain, his brows furrowing.

"I don't care! I don't care!" Roselyn was not listening and her emotions were running high. "Why should Dustin be worth risking Healwell Clinic for, and I'm not? If you don't believe me today, I'll cut ties with you!"

"You..." Dr. Elijah was growing frustrated.

He felt a mixture of anger and helplessness.

Why did this girl have to be so stubborn?

To prove a point, she was willing to risk everything they had?

"Master, although my junior sister is impulsive, what she says makes sense," Carlos spoke up, supporting Roselyn. "I'm familiar with Hazel; she doesn't have an ounce of ink in her, and in terms of poetry and talent, she's nowhere near my junior sister. I believe in her; she will definitely win!"

"Yes, Master! Everyone acknowledges Junior Sister as a talented poetess, and she's unparalleled in writing poems. She'll easily outperform this rich girl!" Elmer chimed in.

"Master! Wealth comes with risks, and if we can win this billion, we can help even more patients at Healwell Clinic. It would be a great act of merit!" The disciples continued to persuade him.

"Well..." Under the unanimous voice of his disciples, Elijah couldn't help but waver. Now that he was in this situation, if he refused his granddaughter, she might do something reckless in her impulsivity. On the other hand, if he agreed and won the bet, he could solve many problems for Healwell Clinic.

For a moment, Dr. Elijah found it difficult to make a decision.

"Master, please agree. I'm willing to vouch for Junior Sister!" Carlos further played his part to convince him.

"Well... Since you all insist, then let the girl be willful this time," Elijah eventually nodded, but added sternly, "But this is a one-time exception, it won't happen again!"

"No problem," Carlos agreed.

"Thank you, Grandpa!" Roselyn beamed with gratitude.

"Hehe... I thought you wouldn't dare to bet. But you surprised me. Unfortunately, you're destined to lose," Hazel smirked.

"Lose? Hmph! What a joke! I know exactly how much you're worth. With your limited talent, you're not even worthy to carry my shoes!" Roselyn sneered.

During their four years in university, she didn't dare claim to know everything about Hazel, but she knew her very well. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that even her footprints were prettier than Hazel's handwriting.

"If you're that confident, let's just wait and see. I only hope you won't regret it later," Hazel smiled mysteriously, then sat down at a nearby elegant table with the man beside her.

After a while, the cultural event held by the Emperor's Palace began.
Thanks for the translation brother ❤️

madbro

Villager
Sep 18, 2023
Chapter 1312

After learning the origin of the work, the entire scene was in an uproar.

The people who appear here tonight are more or less fond of elegance.

Legendary figures like Master Daoxuan are even more popular.

Poetry and painting are two completely different categories.

It is not easy to learn one of them.

People who know both are undoubtedly rare.

As for a person like Master Daoxuan who has reached the pinnacle of poetry and painting, it is simply unheard of.

The key point is that Master Daoxuan is a maverick. He regards money as dirt and never writes poems or paintings easily.

Therefore, whenever a work by Master Daoxuan is released, it will be auctioned for a large amount of money and regarded as a treasure.

Many arty and elegant dignitaries are proud to have an authentic work of Master Daoxuan.

Now that I have seen it with my own eyes, I am naturally fascinated

"I believe you all know how rare Master Daoxuan's authentic works are. If our boss hadn't had a close relationship with Master Daoxuan, I might not have been able to obtain this beautiful painting." The fat white man said with a smile

"As expected of Master Daoxuan's work, this beautiful painting is so vivid that it looks like a goddess descending to earth. It's absolutely stunning!"

"It is such a blessing to be able to witness the authentic work of Master Daoxuan!"

"Wait a minute...I heard that Master Daoxuan's paintings focus on reality. Isn't the beauty in this painting a fabrication?"

Everyone was chatting and suddenly realized the problem.

"This distinguished guest is right. The beauty in the painting is not a fabrication, but a real existence."

Fatty Man paused for a moment, and after everyone's curiosity was aroused, he said loudly: "To be honest with you, the original person in this beauty picture is the most beautiful woman in the Dragonmarsh Kingdom, the top one on the rouge list—— Li Qingcheng!"

"What? Li Qingcheng?!"

As soon as these words came out, the whole place instantly became a sensation.

Everyone looked surprised and excited.

Li Qingcheng has become famous in recent years.

However, this woman is extremely mysterious.

No one knows what she looks like, no one knows what her background is

Everyone only knows that a few years ago, the name Li Qingcheng came out of nowhere, defeating all the stunning beauties on the rouge list and topping the list.

From then on, she was known as the most beautiful woman in the Dragonmarsh Kingdom!

Although he has dominated the list for several consecutive years, Li Qingcheng has never appeared in public.

So far, no one knows what she looks like?

However, the more this happens, the more curious it becomes.

So after hearing that the person in the painting was Li Qingcheng, all the guests present looked surprised.

Although the beauty in the painting only has half of her face, she still cannot be compared to her peerless beauty.

At the top of the rouge list, the most beautiful woman in the Dragonmarsh Kingdom truly deserves her reputation!

"Master Daoxuan's paintings, coupled with Li Qingcheng's flourishing style, does tonight's treasure meet your expectations?" The fat white man said with a smile.

"Hahaha... Okay! It's really a good baby! I'm going to order this beauty picture tonight!"

"Fart! The beauty picture is mine, no one can take it away!"

"Hmph! What's the use of just talking? Whether you can get the picture of the beauty will depend on your ability later!"

After a lot of pushing and pushing, the atmosphere in the entire Imperial Building has reached its peak.

Everyone is gearing up and ready to show off their talents.

"Since everyone is in high spirits, I won't hold back any more."

Clearing his throat, the fat white man continued: "Today's question from our boss is not poetry, but our traditional Lantern Festival activity, guessing lantern riddles
Isn't qincheng dahlia?

emeka

Eight Level Body Fusion Realm
Sep 19, 2023
Chapter 1325

"You, you, you...what are you talking nonsense about?!"

Roselyn was immediately furious and furious, like a cat whose tail had been stepped on.

"Did I say something wrong? If this handsome guy hadn't come to your aid, you would have lost everything. You are still here babbling. You really have no power at all."

Hazel crossed her arms and curled her lips. After finishing, she even flashed her eyes at Dustyn: "Handsome guy, oh~!"

The word 'oh' is elongated and has a somewhat ambiguous tone.

"Okay! So you two are a team!"

Roselyn looked left and right, showing a look of sudden realization: "No wonder you two have been flirting with each other for a long time, and you have already joined forces!"

"idiot!"

Hazel rolled her eyes and was speechless for a while.

Does this woman have **** in her head?

The words were spoken without any thought at all, and I was really convinced.

"Forget it, junior sister, since the beauty picture was won by Brother Dustin, we can't take advantage of it. What he wants to do is his own business and we have no control over it." Carlos patted Roselyns shoulder.

His appearance was calm, but his eyes were cold.

This kid really has no skills at all.

If he gave away the beautiful picture, he would still accept the other person's favor.

Now that he wants to keep it for himself, don't blame him for using some tricks.

"Hmph! Remember, this is not over today!"

Roselyn glared at the two of them fiercely and left angrily.

"Dustyn , this girl is too willful. Don't take it to heart. Let's talk tomorrow if something happens."

Dr. Elijah said hello, and then followed his granddaughter, fearing that the other party would do something stupid.

"Brother Dustyn, you guys eat slowly, I have something else to do, so I'll take my leave now."

Carlos hugged his fists with a smile, then turned and left.

Seeing this scene, the other Heal Well disciples stood up one after another and dispersed.

In this regard, Dustyn just smiled and said nothing.

Neither Roselyn nor Carlos are good people.

The former is brainless and unruly, while the latter is ulterior motives.

Pictures of beautiful women are worth tens of thousands of dollars. How can it be so easy to get away from him with nothing?

"Handsome boy, please stay."

Just as Dustyn was about to leave, Hazel suddenly shouted.

"Is something wrong?" Dustyn turned around.

"Handsome guy, did you come alone?" Hazel looked up and down.

"That's right, what's wrong?" Dustiyn asked.

"It's nothing, I just want to remind you that Yanjing is a mixed bag. If you bring such a priceless treasure with you, if you don't have the protection of a big force, you may be robbed as soon as you step out of the Imperial Tower." Hazel reminded.

"Is the law and order under the Emperor's feet so chaotic?" Dustyn raised his eyebrows slightly.

"Although we are under the emperor's feet, people die for wealth and birds die for food. This picture of a beautiful woman is enough to make many forces take action." Hazel seemed to be smiling but not smiling.

"Thanks for reminding me, but it's not that easy to snatch my things." Dustyn didn't care.

"Handsome guy, the water in Yanjing is deeper than you think. Besides, it's hard for two fists to defeat four hands. You are weak alone, how can you fight against those jackals, tigers and leopards?" Hazel said with a smile.

"What should I do according to Miss Hazels wishes?" Dustyn asked.

"It's very simple. As long as you find a big power to protect you, you can rest easy. For example, I am from the Lancester family."
👏👏👏👏👏

Voice

New Villager
Sep 9, 2023
All of you enjoying the story, next week is your exam, questions will cover from chapter to date, if you fail you won't have the chance to continue reading this story...

I am being polite enough, nobody should counter else don't blame me if I draw my 7 edge heavenly blade ⚔⚔⚔⚔⚔⚔⚔🗿no mercy, as you all know, I am Dustin direct master! I know some villagers would be taken aback by this great revelation, I don't like telling people because of my humility!

So, everyone, prepare for the exam, myself, Jungal2000 and Gily will be setting your questions.
😎😎😎👏📸

nazmul

Immortal Grandmaster
Platinum Villager
Sep 15, 2023
Chapter 1311: Winning Treasure

"Esteemed guests, ladies and gentlemen, good evening," a plump middle-aged man with a friendly smile stepped onto the stage after the cultural event began. He bowed respectfully to the audience in all directions.

He was impeccable in his manners, showing no signs of negligence.

"My name is Kaizen, and I am the manager here. I would like to thank all of you for gracing us with your presence at the Emperor's Palace."

The manager smiled as he continued, "Tonight, it is once again time for our monthly cultural exchange. Our generous host has specifically selected a precious item from the Treasure Pavilion, which will serve as the highlight for tonight's event. Our purpose is, of course, to promote camaraderie through culture. There is no need for competition, only discussions on literature and the arts."

"Manager Kaizen, what exactly is the treasure prepared by your generous host? Please don't keep us waiting!" a man suddenly exclaimed.

"Yes! We came all this way for this event. Don't let us down," many others chimed in.

"Please be patient, everyone. I will have the treasure brought out for you to see shortly."

The manager slightly bowed and signaled to two people nearby.

The two individuals understood the gesture and soon brought out a rectangular wooden box.

The wooden box was half a meter wide and one and a half meters long, made entirely of golden-threaded nanmu wood.

Just the box itself was quite valuable, not to mention the treasure inside.

"Click!"
Under the gaze of the crowd, the chubby man slowly opened the wooden box, revealing a framed painting inside.

The painting depicted a woman in palace attire, sitting in a pavilion while admiring the snowy landscape outside.

The woman had a slender figure and an otherworldly temperament, although only half of her face was visible.

She was breathtakingly beautiful and possessed an alluring charm, as if she could enchant souls.

With her exquisite beauty and the pristine snowy scene as a backdrop, the two elements complemented each other perfectly, creating a breathtaking masterpiece.

"It's so beautiful!"

As soon as the audience saw the painting, the venue fell silent.

Regardless of gender, everyone was deeply moved by the artwork.

At a glance, it wasn't just about beauty; it also conveyed an indescribable sense of artistic depth and meaning.

The more they looked at it, the more enchanting and heart-stirring the painting became.

"I never thought that there could be such an unparalleled beauty in the world," Carlos was utterly mesmerized, and his eyes seemed to gleam with fascination. He might not be one to lose his senses over beauty, but in the face of such a breathtaking woman, he couldn't help but be captivated.

"Could you imagine marrying a woman like that? I'd willingly give up ten years of my life!" Elmer couldn't help but swallow repeatedly.

The other disciples from the Healwell medical centre were equally enchanted. None of them had expected a painting to hold such a bewitching power.

"Hmph! There's no way there can be such a perfect woman in the world. She must be a creation of the artist!" Roselyn was filled with jealousy. Although she was confident in her own appearance, when compared to the woman in the painting, she couldn't help but feel a pang of inferiority.

"Manager Kaizen, what's the background of this painting? Who is the beauty depicted in it?" A man suddenly asked.

"To be honest, this painting is the work of Master Felix and is titled 'Portrait of a Beauty,'" the manager explained.

"What? This is actually a painting by Master Felix?"

"Master Felix? Is he the literary and artistic genius known for excelling in both poetry and painting?"

"That's right! Master Felix is hailed as a contemporary literary immortal and a master of the arts. Every one of his paintings is a priceless treasure!"

The revelation that the painting was created by Master Felix sent waves of astonishment through the crowd. Felix was renowned for his talents in both poetry and painting, and his works were highly coveted in the art world.

Chapter 1312: A Beautiful Portraint

After learning about the origin of the artwork, the entire venue erupted into excitement.

Most of the people in attendance that night had some interest in the arts and culture to varying degrees. Legendary figures like Master Felix were highly admired, and his dual expertise in both poetry and painting was a rarity. To excel in either of these fields was already impressive, but to excel in both was truly remarkable.

Master Felix's works were highly sought after because he was known for his reclusive nature and his disdain for wealth. He rarely created poems or paintings, so whenever one of his pieces appeared, it was considered a treasure, and many cultured elites took pride in owning one of his authentic works.

Now, witnessing one of his masterpieces in person was a source of great wonder for everyone present.

"I believe you all know how rare Master Felix's authentic works are. If it weren't for our close relationship with him, we might not have been able to acquire this Portrait of a Beauty," the manager Kaizen explained with a smile.

"It truly lives up to being a work by Master Felix. This Portrait of a Beauty is so lifelike, like a celestial maiden descended from the heavens, it's incredible!"

"We're truly fortunate to witness an authentic work by Master Felix in our lifetime!"

"Wait a minute... I heard that Master Felix's art is centered around realism. Could it be that the beauty in this painting is not fictional?"
As they continued to discuss, the crowd suddenly realized an issue.

"Indeed, what this distinguished guest said is correct. The beauty in the painting is not fictional; she is a real person," the chubby man paused for a moment, allowing everyone's curiosity to reach its peak before announcing, "I won't hide it from you all. The woman in the Portrait of a Beauty is not a product of imagination; she is a real person. She is none other than the Dragonmarsh's number one beauty and the top-ranked beauty on the Vermillion Rouge List—Margaret!"

"What? Margaret?!"

With this revelation, the entire venue erupted into a frenzy of astonishment, excitement, and curiosity.

Margaret's name had become famous in recent years, but she remained shrouded in mystery. No one knew what she looked like, and her background was an enigma.

The crowd knew that a few years ago, the name Margaret had emerged out of nowhere, defeating all the stunning beauties on the Vermillion Rouge List and claiming the top spot.

Since then, she had been hailed as the number one beauty in the Dragonmarsh!

However, despite reigning at the top for several years, Margaret had never appeared in public. No one knew what she looked like to this day.

Yet, the more mysterious she remained, the more people were intrigued.

So, upon hearing that the woman in the painting was Margaret, the expressions of all the guests in attendance lit up with surprise.

Even though only half of her face was visible in the painting, it still exuded unparalleled beauty.

As the top-ranked beauty on the Vermillion Rouge List and the number one beauty in the Dragonmarsh, Margaret's reputation was well-deserved.

"Master Felix's artwork, combined with Margaret's timeless beauty, certainly lives up to everyone's expectations tonight," the chubby man said with a beaming smile.

"Hahaha... Excellent! This is indeed a precious masterpiece! I'm determined to obtain this Portrait of a Beauty tonight!"

"Nonsense! The Portrait of a Beauty is mine, and no one can take it from me!"

"Hmph! What's the point of just talking? Whether you can obtain the Portrait of a Beauty or not will depend on your abilities!"

After some spirited exchanges, the atmosphere in the entire Emperor's Palace had reached its peak.

Everyone was eager to showcase their talents.

"Since you are all so enthusiastic, I won't keep you waiting any longer," the chubby man cleared his throat and continued, "Today, our East House has prepared a traditional activity for the Lantern Festival, riddle-solving."

Chapter 1313: Riddle Solving Contest

"Riddle-solving?"
Upon hearing this, everyone was puzzled. They exchanged glances, unsure of what was happening.

In the past, competitions had always been about poetry, literature, and the arts, so why were they suddenly going to solve riddles?

It was worth noting that many dignitaries and officials, in their pursuit of the top spot, had spent large sums of money to invite poetry experts and literary talents, or artists and calligraphers, to assist them.

Now, instead of poetry and art, they were unexpectedly asked to solve riddles.

Didn't that mean all their previous preparations had been in vain?

"Manager Kaizen, couldn't we compete in poetry and literature instead? Suddenly introducing riddles like this feels like a deliberate challenge," someone expressed their dissatisfaction.

"Guests, you've misunderstood. The topics we present are randomly selected, and there's no intention to deliberately challenge you. Please forgive us," Kaizen replied with a slight nod.

"Alright, enough with the chatter. Let's solve the riddles. There's nothing extraordinary about it," someone said.

"That's right. People like us, well-versed in literature, shouldn't be afraid of mere riddles."

"Now, it's finally time to test our literary skills. Whether it's a donkey or a horse, we'll find out!"

Amidst the chatter, the crowd encouraged the competition to begin.

"Junior sister Roselyn, you excel in poetry. Are you confident in solving riddles?"
In the private room, Carlos couldn't help but ask.

"Brother Carlos, rest assured. I'm skilled with words, and if I can handle poetry and literature, solving riddles is a piece of cake," Roselyn replied confidently.

In her eyes, riddle-solving was a trivial matter, something that only common people and novices would engage in. For someone of her refined taste, it was not even a challenge.

"That's good to hear..."
Carlos breathed a sigh of relief, then added, "If junior sister wins this Portrait of a Beauty, would you consider selling it to me? I'm willing to pay a high price!"

"Brother, you're being too polite. If you like it, I can give it to you without any hesitation," Roselyn replied generously.

With her full confidence, Roselyn appeared as if victory was already in her grasp.

"Thank you, junior sister!" Carlos's face lit up, and his heart raced a bit. This Portrait of a Beauty was truly priceless. If used wisely, it could potentially catapult the Grantwood family to new heights.

"Now that everyone is in agreement, let's begin," the manager said. Once the surroundings had calmed down a bit, he signaled for a sealed box to be brought over.

The box had an opening on top just large enough for a hand to reach inside. The manager rolled up his sleeves and inserted his hand through the hole, fumbling inside for a moment before pulling out a card. After glancing at it, he loudly announced, "The riddle for the first round is: 'Bright moon hiding behind tall trees, guess one character.'"

"Bright moon hiding behind tall trees?"

Upon hearing this, the crowd quickly wore thoughtful expressions. Solving riddles was not their forte, and many of them only had a vague understanding of it, often guessing blindly based on luck.

"Junior sister, how should we interpret 'bright moon hiding behind tall trees'?" Carlos asked, curiously.

"Well..."
Roselyn hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to respond. She could only say, "Brother, allow me some time to think it over."

"Alright, take your time. No rush," Carlos replied, not wanting to interrupt Roselyn's train of thought.

"'Bright moon hiding behind tall trees, guess one character.' From the literal meaning, it doesn't seem too difficult to understand. The character should be related to the moon and trees," Roselyn murmured to herself while tapping her fingers lightly on the table.

After a while, it seemed she had figured something out, and her eyes suddenly lit up. "Brother, I know what character it is!"

"Oh? What is it?" Carlos became instantly alert.

Chapter 1314: Incorrect Answer

"It's the character '枂'!" Roselyn confidently declared, "The 'bright moon' represents '月,' and the 'tall tree' represents '木,' combining to form the character '枂'!"

"'枂' character? Are you sure?" Carlos asked cautiously.

"Of course! How can such a simple riddle hide from me? With a little brainpower, I can easily figure it out," Roselyn replied confidently.

"Junior sister is indeed formidable. You solved the riddle so quickly. You truly deserve your reputation as a talented woman!" Carlos praised.

"That's right! With junior sister here, we can not only win the Portrait of a Beauty but also earn a billion!" the disciples of the Healwell Medical Center exclaimed with excitement.

"Humph... It's just a simple riddle, and there's no challenge at all. I can't fully showcase my talents," Roselyn said proudly.

Hearing this, Dustin shook his head and smiled faintly. This woman was overly confident, hastily drawing conclusions without thoroughly analyzing the question. It was truly amusing.

"Hey! Why are you laughing? Do you think I'm wrong?" Roselyn's eyes narrowed, and she looked displeased after catching a glimpse of Dustin's hidden smile.

"Of course, it's wrong," Dustin said casually. "The key point in 'bright moon hiding behind tall trees' is the word '隐' (hiding). The character you randomly pieced together cannot possibly be the correct answer."

"Hmph! Who do you think you are? You dare to lecture me?" Roselyn scolded. "I'm well-versed in poetry, music, chess, calligraphy, and painting. Why do you have the audacity to instruct me?"

"That's right! Junior sister is a recognized talented woman. She has excelled in literature and the arts since she was a child. You, a villager from the mountains, have no right to show off in front of junior sister," Carlos sneered.

"I'm just reminding you. Believe it or not, it's up to you," Dustin shrugged.

After all, it wasn't him who was making a fool of himself.

"Mr. Rhys, judging from your tone, do you already have an answer?" Carlos asked casually.

"If I'm not mistaken, the answer should be the character '杳' (hidden)," Dustin replied.

"'杳' (hidden) character?"

Carlos stroked his chin, but before he could ask further, Roselyn snorted, "What '杳' character? It's complete nonsense! The riddle clearly refers to the moon and trees, so it can only be the character '枂.' What does '杳'(hidden) have to do with it? You're just pretending to know!"

"I'll say it again, believe it or not, it's up to you," Dustin said, not interested in arguing.

Some people are just stubborn and refuse to admit their mistakes.

"Senior brother, this guy is just seeking attention. Don't pay attention to him. Listen to me, report the answer as '枂' (a character), and you'll definitely secure the first question!" Roselyn was extremely confident.

"Alright! Junior sister's talent is outstanding, and I trust you!" Carlos nodded and immediately raised his hand. "Manager Kaizen, I know the answer to the riddle!"

"Oh?" The Manager raised an eyebrow and smiled. "May I ask, what is the answer, Mr. Carlos?"

"It's '枂' (a character)!" Carlos declared confidently. "The riddle '明月隐高树' refers to the moon and trees; when combined, they form the character '枂,' and there's no other answer!"

Upon hearing this, many people began to whisper, discussing whether this answer was correct.

"Carlos, are you sure it's '枂'? Maybe you should think it over," the manager advised.

"No need to think, it's definitely '枂.' Just announce the result!" Carlos urged.

"Mr. Carlos, I'm sorry, but your answer is incorrect," the manager shook his head.

"What? Incorrect?" Carlos was momentarily stunned, and he instinctively glanced at Roselyn. They had believed it was a sure win, so why was it wrong from the start?

"How is that possible? How could my answer be wrong?" Roselyn widened her eyes, finding it hard to believe. She excelled in poetry, music, chess, calligraphy, and painting, so how could she get a simple riddle wrong? There must be foul play at work here, someone was targeting her!

Chapter 1315: Congratulation Hazel

"Hey! What gives you the right to say my answer is wrong? This riddle is so simple; how could I possibly guess it wrong?" Roselyn couldn't help but slam the table in frustration.

She was very defiant, being a talented woman, she had her own pride.

Just a mere riddle couldn't stump her.

"Miss, please don't get so agitated. The answer to the word puzzle has already been fixed, and the characters you provided are indeed incorrect," the manager tried to explain.

"Alright! You say my answer is wrong, then immediately reveal the correct answer now. I want to see if there's a better answer than mine!" Roselyn was very assertive.

"Miss, other customers haven't guessed yet. It's against the rules to reveal the answer now. If no one can guess it later, I will announce the result. I hope you can be patient," Kaizen said calmly.

"Roselyn, oh Roselyn, if you're wrong, can't you admit it? You're a great talented woman; you shouldn't be unable to handle losing, right?"
At this moment, a sarcastic voice came from the side.

The speaker was none other than Hazel, who was holding a wine glass.

"Who said I can't handle losing? My answer is not wrong at all!" Roselyn stared angrily.

"Hehe... you're as arrogant as ever."

Hazel lifted her wine glass and took a sip, smiling faintly. "Do you know why I dislike you? Because you clearly have no talent, yet you still claim to be virtuous and proud, like a peacock. Just like now, clearly wrong, but you refuse to admit it, it's really disgusting."

"You're talking nonsense! What gives you the right to say I'm wrong? Do you think you're better than me?" Roselyn retorted.

"Why? Because I already have the correct answer."

Hazel stood up gracefully, her gaze sweeping toward the chubby man. She said with a smile, "Manager Kaizen, the answer I provided is the character '杳.'"

"Hmph! This is completely off the mark!"

Roselyn crossed her arms and sneered, "The character '杳' you mentioned doesn't match the riddle at all. If that's considered the correct answer, I'll write my name backward!"

"Is that so?"

Hazel smirked, "Manager Kaizen, please announce the result. Is my '杳' character correct?"

"Congratulations, Miss Hazel, your answer is correct," the Manager nodded slightly.

"What?!"
As soon as these words were spoken, Roselyn felt as if she had been struck by lightning. She froze in disbelief.

She never expected that the character she had mocked would actually be the correct answer?

How was that possible?!

"Roselyn, how does it feel? Are you surprised? Unexpected?" Hazel teased, her mouth curved in a mocking smile. "Given your temperament, do you want to claim there's a conspiracy? That Emperor's Pavilion intentionally favored me?"

"That's right! I don't accept this!" Roselyn protested. "Why is it the character '杳'? Why not '枂'? You must give me a reasonable explanation today!"
"Very well, then today, I'll make sure you accept your defeat gracefully."

Hazel snapped her fingers, signaling the young man beside her to stand up.

The young man appeared scholarly and bookish, but his words carried weight. "A bright moon hides behind a tall tree; this riddle isn't particularly difficult. The key lies in the character '隐' ('hide'). 'Bright moon' refers to the moon, and if you hide the moon ('月') from it, you're left with '日' ('sun'). 'Tall tree' refers to the top of a tree, so you take '木' ('wood'). Place '木' ('wood') on top of '日' ('sun'), and wouldn't that be '杳' ('dim')? This is the interpretation of the riddle's answer."

With that, the scholarly man took his seat.

"Well done! What an excellent explanation!"

"Sir, your words are truly enlightening. It turns out this is the correct answer."

After hearing the interpretation of the riddle's answer, many people applauded and expressed their admiration. Some things may seem simple, but if you can't find the key to unlock them, it's like being lost in a fog, never seeing the light.

"So it really was '杳'! Did I just miss a great opportunity?" Roselyn lamented.

Chapter 1316: Parting and Reunion

After coming to his senses, Carlos regretted his actions and almost slapped himself.

Damn it, if only I had listened to Dustin earlier.

Now, not only did he fail to gain any attention, but he also embarrassed himself.

"How could it be the character '杳'? How could it be '杳'?" Roselyn muttered to herself, finding it hard to accept.

"Roselyn, the great talent, how about it? Do you have anything to say now?" Hazel provocatively smiled.

"...," Roselyn was left speechless.

Although she was unwilling, the facts were already in front of her, and there was no room for her to argue.

After hearing the previous explanation, she also realized that '杳' was indeed closer to the correct answer than '枂'.

"Congratulations, Miss Hazel, for answering the first question correctly," the Manager congratulated, then added, "Of course, the rest of you need not be discouraged. There are a few more questions to come, and if you can answer them all correctly, there is still a great chance to win."

Upon hearing this, Roselyn, who had appeared somewhat depressed, immediately cheered up.

That's right, there's still a chance. She had only lost one question, and as long as she performed well in the following ones, she could still win.

"Now, please listen to the second question," the chubby man said as he took another card from the box and read aloud, "The second question: '云盖中秋月,雨淋元宵灯,' guess an idiom."

"云盖中秋月?雨淋元宵灯?" Everyone looked at each other, their faces filled with confusion.

What does that mean?

How are we supposed to guess this?

"Sister Roselyn, do you have any idea about these two lines of poetry forming an idiom?" Carlos asked hesitantly after waiting for a while.

"These two lines of poetry mention the Mid-Autumn Festival and the Lantern Festival, and if the answer is an idiom, it should be related to these two festivals," Roselyn began her detailed analysis. "The Mid-Autumn Festival symbolizes reunion and happiness, while the Lantern Festival signifies making wishes and praying for blessings. Normally, it should be a joyful idiom."

"However... the mention of '云盖' (clouds covering) before Mid-Autumn and '雨淋' (rain drenching) before Lantern Festival adds some uncertainty. So, I guess the answer should have two possible meanings."

On one hand, it needs to symbolize reunion and happiness, and on the other hand, it should carry a hint of regret, and the idiom that has two meanings at the same time, I can only think of one, and that's '悲欢离合' ('parting and reunion')!"

As she spoke, her spirits soared, as if she had dispelled the fog and seen the clear sky.

"'悲欢离合'? ('Parting and reunion'?)" Carlos looked utterly baffled.

Why did this sound more and more mysterious as he listened?

"That's right! It's '悲欢离合' ('Parting and reunion')!" Roselyn declared firmly. "Only this idiom aligns with the two lines of poetry's meaning. I'm confident this time, I won't be wrong!"

"Junior sister, are you sure?" Carlos was skeptical.

"Senior brother, trust me once more. This time, I'm very confident. I promise not to disappoint you!" Roselyn spoke with conviction.

"Mr. Rhys, what do you think?" Carlos didn't give a direct answer but looked over at Dustin, who was sipping tea nearby.

In the previous question, Dustin had accurately guessed the answer, demonstrating a certain literary talent.

"I have a different opinion from Miss Roselyn," Dustin said lightly. "Riddles, well, they are typically guessed based on their literal meaning. They're not necessarily so lofty in poetic imagery. I think Miss Roselyn might be over-interpreting it."

Chapter 1317: Over Confident

"Hmph! What do you understand? Emperor's Pavilion's riddles can't be figured out with common sense," Roselyn said with a cold face. "Don't think that just because you guessed one question right by luck, you can now criticize me. In terms of real talent, you're not qualified!"

In her view, Dustin's success in answering the first question was just luck, a case of a blind cat stumbling upon a dead mouse, and such luck couldn't last forever.

"Is that so? It seems Miss Roselyn is very confident in her own answer," Dustin said with a half-smile.

"Of course!" Roselyn raised her head proudly. "I am well-read and highly talented. If I can't figure out such a small riddle, how can I face others with any dignity in the future?"

Upon hearing this, Dustin couldn't help but chuckle.

This woman was truly exceptionally self-confident.

"Mr. Rhys, why don't you share your thoughts? Let's discuss it together," Carlos suggested.

"Since Mr. Carlos is willing to listen, I'll offer my humble opinion," Dustin said as he picked up his teacup and took a sip. He then continued, "云盖中秋月, 雨淋元宵灯 (Clouds cover the Mid-Autumn moon, rain drenches the Lantern Festival). This phrase means that if on the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival, the moon is obscured by clouds, then the following year, around the time of the Lantern Festival, there will undoubtedly be continuous spring rain, which will soak the Lantern Festival lanterns."

"Hmph! I certainly know what this phrase means. Do you need to show off here?" Roselyn snorted.

Mid-Autumn with a cloud-covered moon and rain on Lantern Festival night.

This situation perfectly matched the two meanings she had mentioned.

"Mr. Rhys, so what is your answer?" Carlos asked tentatively.

"Undetermined whereabouts," Dustin replied with four words.

"Undetermined whereabouts?" Carlos was slightly stunned. "What does that mean?"

"'云盖中秋月' (Clouds cover the Mid-Autumn moon) indirectly suggests rain, which corresponds to the later part of the phrase," Dustin explained. "So, the word '下落' (falling) refers to the falling rain. After the rain falls and drenches the Lantern Festival lanterns, they naturally become '不明' (undetermined). Therefore, the answer is '下落不明' ('Undetermined whereabouts')."

"Nonsense!" Before Dustin finished speaking, Roselyn immediately retorted, "What undetermined whereabouts? This is utter nonsense! Someone like you, with shallow analysis, lacking depth, do you think Emperor's Pavilion would be as superficial as you?"

"I'm just interpreting the riddle based on its clues. Believe it or not, it's up to you," Dustin shrugged.

Arguing with such a self-assured woman was pointless because even if you presented a brilliant argument, she could still find reasons to counter it.

"Senior brother Carlos! Don't listen to this guy's nonsense. My answer is the correct one!" Roselyn declared confidently.

"Well..." Carlos looked left and right, appearing somewhat hesitant.

Different people have different opinions, and both interpretations seemed plausible. He was unsure whom to believe.

"Senior brother, do you not trust my judgment?" Roselyn furrowed her brows, showing some displeasure. "You should be well aware of my literary talents. The previous question was just a mistake. I have a hundred percent certainty about this question, and I'm sure I can win!"
"Really?" Carlos raised an eyebrow.

"As true as pearls!" Roselyn said with a serious expression.

"Alright! Since junior sister is so confident, I'll give it another try!" Carlos's spirits rose.

With words like these, he must be very confident. This time, he wouldn't make a mistake again.

"Manager Kaizen, I know the answer to the riddle," Carlos stood up again, attracting the attention of everyone present.

Having lost face earlier, he was determined to make a comeback.

"We're eager to hear your answer," the Manager nodded slightly.

"'云盖中秋月, 雨淋元宵灯' (Clouds cover the Mid-Autumn moon, rain drenches the Lantern Festival) represents two different emotions, the joy of reunion and the sadness of parting. So, my answer is—'悲欢离合' ('Parting and reunion')!" Carlos held his head high.

"'悲欢离合' ('Parting and reunion')?"

Chapter 1318: Wrong Answer Again

Upon hearing this, the people present couldn't help but start whispering to each other.

Some of the wealthy individuals who were pretending to be knowledgeable even slapped their thighs in regret.

"Hey! I was just about to say '悲欢离合' ('Parting and reunion'), but this guy beat me to it. What a mistake!"

"Me too, me too. If I hadn't hesitated just now, when would this guy have had a chance to take the spotlight?"

"'悲欢离合' ('Parting and reunion')... It really is a good theme and a good idiom!"

Seeing Carlos so confident and speaking so convincingly, many people believed him.

"So, Manager Kaizen, did I guess it right?" Carlos smirked, looking quite pleased with himself.

"Well... I'm sorry, but you got it wrong again," the manager said politely.

"What? Wrong again?" Carlos's smile immediately froze on his face. "Manager Kaizen, you're not joking, are you?"

"How can I joke about something like this? Your answer is indeed not the correct one," the manager shook his head.

With this statement, Carlos and even the disciples of the Healwell Clinic all looked at Roselyn strangely, their gazes seemingly accusing.

"How is it possible? I clearly understood the meaning of these two phrases, so why did I still get it wrong?" Roselyn widened her eyes, finding it difficult to accept.

She was highly talented; how could she make consecutive mistakes like this?

"Roselyn, it seems you've been a bit too confident," Hazel chimed in from a distance, her tone carrying a hint of irony. "Roselyn is arrogant and self-conceited, yet she lacks true abilities. Believing what she says is no better than blind guessing."

Carlos's eye twitched, and for a moment, he had no response.

Damn, this was really embarrassing.

Making a mistake the first time could be considered a slip-up.

But now, making consecutive mistakes and being the first to answer each time was quite embarrassing.

"Hazel! Don't be too arrogant! Even though I answered incorrectly, it's still better than not being able to answer at all!" Roselyn shouted.
"Who said I couldn't answer it?"

Hazel smiled slightly and then snapped her fingers. "Tell her what the correct answer is."

"Alright," the scholarly-looking man next to her stood up and said loudly, "The answer to '云盖中秋月, 雨淋元宵灯' (Clouds cover the Mid-Autumn moon, rain drenches the Lantern Festival) is '下落不明' ('Undetermined whereabouts'). '下落' represents the falling rain, and when the rain falls and soaks the Lantern Festival lanterns, they become '不明' (undetermined), which matches the preceding and following phrases. So, the correct answer is '下落不明' ('Undetermined whereabouts')!"

"Nonsense! How could it be 'Undetermined whereabouts'..." Just as Roselyn was about to argue, the manager suddenly spoke up, "Miss Hazel's answer is correct. The answer is indeed '下落不明' ('Undetermined whereabouts')."

With these words, Roselyn's voice came to a sudden stop, and she froze in place.

She found it hard to believe.

If it were just one person saying this, she would have dismissed it.

If two people said the same, she could still argue based on reason.

The problem was that now all three people had given the same answer, and she didn't know how to argue.

"I didn't expect Dustin's answer to be true. I missed a great opportunity!"

"It's a pity. If senior brother had listened to Dustin's advice."

The disciples of the Healwell Clinic shook their heads and sighed.

Seeing Roselyn so full of confidence, they thought she was sure to win, but she ended up getting two questions wrong. It was truly disappointing.
On the other hand, Dustin, who seemed unremarkable, consistently gave the correct answers.

Unfortunately, no one believed him.

With that in mind, the gazes of the crowd towards Dustin became quite different.

This... was the true hidden talent!

Chapter 1319: Healwell Clinic in Danger

"Miss Hazel has already won two rounds in a row. If this continues, our Healwell Medical Center is in danger!" Dr. Elijah's brows furrowed deeply, and his expression was grave.

If he had known it would turn out like this, he wouldn't have agreed to this gambling contest. Once they lost, all the effort they had put into Healwell Clinic for half their lives would be in vain.

"Hazel obviously came prepared, and we've been tricked."

"This woman is truly despicable!"

Several Healwell Clinic disciples grumbled, feeling indignant but helpless at the same time.

Now that the arrow was on the bowstring, they had to release it. They couldn't change the publicly agreed-upon gambling contest; they could only look for opportunities to turn things around.

"Roselyn, you've lost again," Hazel's mocking voice drifted over. "If you lose a few more rounds, Healwell Medical Center will be mine."

"Humph! Don't get too excited, everything has just begun!" Roselyn replied with a stern voice.

She had already inquired and knew that there were a total of ten riddles. If she could answer six correctly, she would secure victory. So she still had a chance to turn the tables.

"Don't be so confident. You couldn't even answer these simple questions. Do you really think you can do better in the future? Don't embarrass yourself; I advise you to admit defeat early," Hazel taunted.

"Who will emerge victorious is still uncertain. Let's wait and see!" Roselyn retorted angrily.

"Alright, I'd like to see how capable you are," Hazel smiled faintly. "Mr. Kaizen, please continue with the next question."

"Okay," the manager nodded and took out another card from the box. He then read aloud, "Please listen carefully to the third question: '一个右来一个西,三间平方东南立' (One comes from the right, one from the west, three rooms form a square in the southeast). Guess the word."
"One comes from the right, one from the west? Three rooms form a square in the southeast?"

As soon as the riddle was presented, everyone began to contemplate it. Typically, when guessing a word, they looked for inconsistencies within the riddle. Once they found the key, it would be relatively easy to solve the riddle. However, it was clear that this word wouldn't be simple to guess.

"I've figured it out!" After pondering for a moment, Roselyn's eyes lit up, and she suddenly said, "Brother Carlos, I know the answer. It's the character '洒' (sǎ)!"

"'洒' (sǎ)"character? What does it mean?" Carlos asked in confusion.

"Carefully examine the question. The three dots next to the '洒' character represent three rooms, and when combined with '西' (xī, west), doesn't it form '洒'?" Roselyn enthusiastically explained.

"But how do you explain the '一个右来一个西' (one comes from the right, one from the west) part?" Carlos was somewhat skeptical.

"That's simple. The '洒' (sǎ)"character has three dots on the left, which represent the three rooms, and '右' (yòu, right) is on the right, which perfectly explains the riddle," Roselyn replied.

"Why do I feel like it's a bit far-fetched?" Carlos furrowed his brow slightly.

After being wrong twice in a row, he had lost trust in Roselyn.

"Senior Brother, trust me one more time. I promise there won't be any problems this time!" Roselyn declared with utmost sincerity.

Carlos's mouth twitched, and he wanted to scold her, but he ultimately held back.

Damn it! She's doing this again?

Every time she spoke with such assurance, but the result was disappointing, and he ended up being pointed and laughed at. If they weren't fellow disciples, he would have lost his temper long ago.

"Mr. Rhys, do you have any insights?" Carlos didn't pay attention to Roselyn and turned his gaze to Dustin.

"Is it important whether I have thoughts or not? You didn't believe me when I spoke earlier anyway, so it's better if I don't say anything," Dustin mumbled while casually eating his food.

Cough cough... "Mr. Rhys, it was my fault before; I failed to recognize your talent. This time, I definitely believe in you," Carlos assured.

Chapter 1320: Correct or Wrong

"Brother Carlos, what do you mean by that?" Upon hearing this, Roselyn immediately became displeased. "Who does he think he is? Can he be compared to me? Are you telling me that you'd rather trust a stranger and not me?!"

"Shut up!" Carlos shouted at her. "I trusted you twice before, and you were wrong both times. How can you expect me to believe you again?"

"I..." Roselyn was rendered speechless, her pretty face turning bright red. This wasn't the Senior Brother she remembered, always acting like a protective older brother. He had never been this harsh with her before. What had come over him today?

"Roselyn, this matter is not child's play. You've made a bet with Hazel, and if you lose, you'll lose the entire Healwell Clinic!" Carlos spoke more gently this time, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation. "Furthermore, your expertise lies in music, chess, calligraphy, and painting, as well as poetry and literary composition. You haven't delved into riddles like this. It's essential to recognize one's specialization. Why don't we let Mr. Rhys have a try?"

Whether it was Healwell Clinic or anything, he was determined to win. He couldn't allow any room for mistakes.

"Alright, I'll give him a chance to prove himself. But if he answers incorrectly, I'll take over immediately. This might give us a slight chance," Roselyn reluctantly agreed.

"No problem," Carlos sighed in relief and turned to Dustin. "Mr. Rhys, please share your answer. What's the character?"

"One comes from the right, one comes from the west, and three square rooms stand to the southeast. If I'm not mistaken, it should be the character '醢' (hǎi)," Dustin calmly stated.

"'Hai'? Which 'hai' is that?" Carlos looked puzzled.

"It's this '醢' (hǎi) character."

Dustin used his fingers to point out the character, then meticulously wrote it on the table.

"'醢' (hǎi)?"

Seeing the unfamiliar character, everyone couldn't help but exchange puzzled looks. This was the first time they had encountered this character—it was extremely rare.

"In this '醢' (hǎi) character, you have '右' (right) and '西' (west), corresponding to the first sentence. As for the second sentence, '三间平房东南立' (three square rooms stand to the southeast), take a look at this '皿' (dish) character. Doesn't it resemble three rooms separated?" Dustin explained.

"It does! It's incredibly similar!"
Carlos examined it closely and couldn't help but show a delighted expression. "Mr. Rhys, your '醢' (hǎi) character is absolutely brilliant! It feels like an epiphany! It's amazing!"

Dustin's suggestion was met with skeptical glances initially. However, upon seeing the character "醢" (hǎi) and Dustin's explanation, they suddenly had an epiphany. It made sense now. Carlos, in particular, was quite delighted and believed that Dustin's answer was the correct one.

But just as he was about to rejoice, Roselyn poured cold water on his excitement. She warned, "Senior Brother, don't celebrate too early. How do we know this is the correct answer? What if it's wrong?"

"I'll admit it if it's wrong!" Carlos declared, undeterred. He stood up and confidently said, "Manager Kaizen, I have the answer to the third question!"

"Carlos, aren't you being too hasty?" Hazel cautioned. "You've already answered incorrectly twice in a row. If you get the third one wrong, you'll lose all face."

"Someone here just doesn't know when to quit!"

"If you lack the ability, it's fine, but you still insist on hogging the limelight. It's truly embarrassing!"

"Hmph! They're just a bunch of clowns seeking attention."

At this moment, many nobles and dignitaries began to mock Carlos. Making a mistake once or twice was one thing, but Carlos not only kept answering first but also answered incorrectly each time. This was akin to self-inflicted humiliation.

Manager Kaizen advised Carlos, "Mr. Carlos, this riddle is quite challenging. Would you like to reconsider?"

"No need to reconsider. I'm very confident this time," Carlos declared loudly.

"Oh? May I ask, Mr. Carlos, what is the answer?" Manager Kaizen asked.

"It's the character '醢' (hǎi)!"

Without any hesitation, Carlos wrote the character "醢" (hǎi) on a piece of paper and slammed it down in front of Kaizen. He then pointed to it and said, "Manager Kaizen, please take a careful look. Is this character correct?"